What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

team vs broncos

island pro

Juniors
Sharks team vs Broncos, Toyota Park, Sat 18 Mar, 7:30pm:

1. David Simmons
2. Darren Albert
3. Beau Scott
4. Phil Bailey
5. Luke Covell
6. Adam Dykes
7. Brett Kimmorley (c)
8. Ben Ross
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Hutch Maiava
11. Reece Williams
12. Lance Thompson
13. Greg Bird

Subs:
14. Phil Leuluai
15. Luke Douglas
16. Cameron Ciraldo
17. Tevita Latu
18. Luke Harlen
19. Darren Mapp
(two to be omitted)

Expected team but has the style of play changed?

Only Harlen could be considered a bolter. I wouldnt mind Harlen getting a run in front of Douglas actually at this stage.

I would have a Loo loo, Ciraldo, Harlen and Latu bench.

Interesting times ahead.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think you will find this year that Douglas will be ready.
I was surprised he didnt get a run last year.
big tough unit. Toughest of the newbies IMO.

So does this mean Bailey left centre when he normally plays on the right side ? Don't expect Covell to see too much ball, although I'd expect Thomo to play right side in Baileys place so at least that shouldn't have too much effect on the right side backs.

STEVE R

Juniors
You'd assume our style of play would have to change.

Last year, Peach did a lot of the playmaking when Noddy didn't have the ball. Simmons can't/won't do that.

I'm not seeing too much creativity out there. We could possibly be relying on 2nd Phase play a LOT this year.

The Nulla

Juniors
Good to see old mate 'LOO LOO' on the bench... Can't wait to see and hear the CSSC give him the respect he deserves when he makes his way onto the park... LOO LOO, LOO LOO, LOO LOO !

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bastard_Squad said:
So does this mean Bailey left centre when he normally plays on the right side ? Don't expect Covell to see too much ball, although I'd expect Thomo to play right side in Baileys place so at least that shouldn't have too much effect on the right side backs.

No. Some of the boys were speaking to Alby last weekend and he told them he would be outside Bails. On the right.

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Frenzy.

Immortal
Surely said:
Why name two extra on the bench, are there injuries ?

Maybe because Raper still doesn't know who he wants. 5 of those 6 played in the PL game for the express purpose of having another look. 1 off the bench, Harlen.

Douglas is a certainty for one spot. Latu has to be looking a good thing as a utility. Put the other 4 in a hat. Raper will.

Ghoulies

Bench
Brisbane have named the following side....
nospam37 said:
Hunt
Michaels
Hodges
Berrigan
Boyd
Lockyer
Seymour
Webcke
Ennis
Civoniceva
Carlaw
Stagg
McGuire

Thorn
Hannant
Costigan
Eastwood
Tupou
(one to be omitted)

Frenzy.

Immortal
How long is a piece of string?

It was a VERY bad injury despite all the talking it down.

Thomo.

First Grade
yeah when i spoke to alby he said he had bails outside him, because of the three try haul i asked for !!!!

so i said get into bails ear to let go of the ball! he laughed:lol:

Loo Loo on the bench - if he ran like last week should be an impact.

good to see harlen and douglas considered, although i'm yet to see douglas

chili pepper

Bench
Frenzy. said:
How long is a piece of string?

It was a VERY bad injury despite all the talking it down.

I've got one long enough to hang to fool who named Bailey in the centres!

I was so looking forward to seeing Albert in action this week. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Unless the plan is to use Bailey as a decoy and suck in extra defenders and give Albert a 2nd man ball with more space? Probably asking too much for that to be the case :?

Special K

Coach
long as Bailey is in the centres I think its a given that Ciraldo will be on the bench. Both can play backrow and fill in the centres so if Bailey is getting schooled out wide they can shuffle Ciraldo there and move Bailey back into the pack.

14. Leulaui - for Hutch
15. Ciraldo - for Bailey
16. Douglas - Ross

the last spot is up in the air. Latu could be good against the big bronco forwards, Mapp could add workrate and experience to that bench and Harlen could bring aggression.