What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Broncos

Scott

Bench
Looks sweet to me.
Tough on Matulino but he'll see plenty of time and may yet start.

Warriors by 22.

Meth

Staff member
Looks sweet to me.
Tough on Matulino but he'll see plenty of time and may yet start.

Warriors by 22.

Probably more of a reflection of the possible need for Matulino to play in the back row for at least part of his contribution

I expect Lousi to drop off the bench

Rovelli

Bench
You know Rapira is made of tough stuff when he racks up his 100th game at age 23. The same applies for Packer.

Plenty of young props have been thrown into the deep end and haven't handled it at all well.

Warriors-Broncos matches always have that little something about them; even though we didn't beat them on the field until 2001, we always seemed to lift. Since breaking through in 2001, we've actually enjoyed decent success against them.

Interesting that this is the first Friday night home match against Brisbane since 1995.

Interesting that in each and every year we have made the finals (2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008), we have beaten Brisbane at home....an omen perhaps?

Micistm

Bench
-Ol Jro still out? What was actually his prob again...?
-No Luck? Jeez, wot a wuss ;-)

Na, side looks okay. Hope they're really fired up for it. I really don't like the idea of leaving that '30 pt' mark until the last week.

playdaball

Bench
Billy is more use in the 20s where he can hopefully make a bigger impact helping them get some silverware. His D at times is suspect and you can say the same for Locke too.

ozreece77

Juniors
I agree mate, Billy was going alright. I suppose though, that for this season anyway, Nobby is considered the regular starting wing.

Until Billy wraps himself around a goalpost, I think Locke should get the nod for the time being. :sarcasm:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Billy is more use in the 20s where he can hopefully make a bigger impact helping them get some silverware. His D at times is suspect and you can say the same for Locke too.
exactly. he's more use to the club in general playing in the 20s than locke is playing for the vulcans.

broncos2010

Juniors
pftt you guys think you are going to smash us.

you migh beat us but we are no easy beats , remenber who we are and how many premierships we have.

Plus we have impact players as well like falou and gillett and thaiday.

so show some respect we are not the sharks !!!

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Looks like he's GGOOORRRNNNNEEE against the Warriors...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...on=rugbyleague
Quote:
Lockyer no chance to face Warriors

Posted August 25, 2010 15:33:00

Broncos captain Darren Lockyer has confirmed he will definitely miss Friday night's important NRL clash against the Warriors.
Lockyer is hoping to be back calling the shots in a crunch game with the Raiders next Friday. (Getty Images: Cameron Spencer, file photo)

Broncos captain Darren Lockyer has confirmed he will definitely miss Friday night's important NRL clash against the Warriors.
Lockyer is recovering from rib cartilage damage and says he needs at least one more week on the sideline.
"They [ribs] are just not ready. I trained with the boys yesterday, got through half the session, but made the decision that this week they are just not up to it," he said from the side's camp in Coolum.
The champion five-eighth says rest is the best form of treatment.
"The more you stir them up the longer they will take to heal," he said.
"I just have to take it easy and let nature takes its course."
Brisbane is precariously placed on the edge of the top eight, equal with the ninth-placed Raiders and only one win ahead of the Rabbitohs, Knights, Eels and Bulldogs.
The Raiders are strong favourites against the Cowboys at home this week, and can leapfrog the Broncos into eighth spot with a win if Brisbane fails to arrest a two-game losing streak.
Canberra and Brisbane will then clash in the final round of the season at Lang Park with a shot at finals football potentially on the line.
"Early next week I'll do a bit of training and get a bit of a gauge on how they are going," Lockyer said.
"Hopefully they will be strong enough to play next Friday."
Also this weekend, the Rabbitohs take on the Eels, the Knights face the Dragons and the Bulldogs hosts Penrith.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Even if he does play, all it will take is one "Big Ben Hit" and he'll be GOOORRRNNNNEEEEE for the rest of the season.

Rich102

Staff member
Brisbane need to toughen up: Henjak

Wayne Heming

August 25, 2010 - 6:49PM
AAP
Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak is hoping some inspirational stories from Vietnam war veterans can inspire his charges ahead of Friday's crucial NRL clash against the Warriors in Auckland.
Broncos players listened to stories from veterans of the Battle of Long Tan during a two-day camp on the Sunshine Coast this week and Henjak is hoping it will prove inspirational as the Broncos battle to stay in the top eight.
"It was a chance to get away from Brisbane in a new environment and re-focus on footy, spend some time together and freshen up," Henjak said before the team jetted out to Auckland.

"We had a good talk from soldiers from Long Tan and that was really good.
"It sent some really good messages and hopefully we can instil some of that in our game on Friday night.
Henjak said his players need to "toughen up" or risk missing out on finals football for the first time in 19 seasons.
"We really need to tough up," said Henjak.
"The last two weeks we've been disappointed with our resolve to stay in the battle.
"This is a really good opportunity for us in a hostile environment against a really physical team to stand up and be counted.
"We need to do that if we're going to be any show of being in the eight and making an impact, we need to show it on Friday night.
Henjak dismissed speculation from former Bronco Brent Tate that Lockyer would be a shock starter.
"He's nowhere near right yet," said Henjak of his star player.
"We'll have a good look at him again next week (before the Canberra game) but there's no guarantees there.
"His health is going to come first with this one and if he's not right, we won't be risking him."
Henjak admitted Brisbane needed to silence those claiming the Broncos could not win without Lockyer just to get that monkey off their backs.
"There's so many people saying we can't win without Darren, although I don't believe that and the players don't believe it," he said.
"But when you hear it so many times it starts playing on people's minds.
"We've got to get that out of our heads and put in a really good performance and put those beliefs to bed."
Henjak was confident young winger Jharal Yow Yeh could bounce back from his horror game against Newcastle's Cooper Vuna who scored four tries on him last weekend, to play well against Warriors giant Manu Vatuvei.
"You can't stop Manu but if our forwards can do well in the middle, it limits his chances," said Henjak.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/brisbane-need-to-toughen-up-henjak-20100825-13s21.html

Latest posts