What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Chad

Ozzi_78

First Grade
It’s a very negative attitude but we don’t have a front man that can do it. Penrith have the best closer I reckon I’ve ever seen and our mental fortitude is miles off. I still think finishing 5th is better for us than top 4. I can explain that if needed

Craigshark

First Grade
It’s a very negative attitude but we don’t have a front man that can do it. Penrith have the best closer I reckon I’ve ever seen and our mental fortitude is miles off. I still think finishing 5th is better for us than top 4. I can explain that if needed

I’d take a shot at Melbourne in Melbourne over Penrith.

Reactions: PJ

ragzouken

Juniors
Think finishing 5th after being in top four all year will be all too much for our fragile minds,
Agree regarding Penrith and now the chins got a point to prove. Maybe nicho comes back in a similar vein

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Think finishing 5th after being in top four all year will be all too much for our fragile minds,
Agree regarding Penrith and now the chins got a point to prove. Maybe nicho comes back in a similar vein
My theory is about improving our chances in 2025 by coming 5th and winning the first week, even if we lose week 2.

Top 4 finish again and lose 2 times again will be hard to come back from again.

carinashark

First Grade
Face the reality of a Panthers v Storm grand final. We have done well with what we have and the injuries we have suffered. We need JC and Stonestreet in the side to keep the energy going in 2025.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I think you might be right Carina, depending on how good we go in the last bit we might jag 2nd spot and they will have to face each other in the prelim. The Roosters are a factor in it also. They have the side to win it, if they get their shit together. We could stumble into the GF depending on results but if we have to play Mel or Pen to get there, no chance.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I'm not buying into this finishing 5th is better than 4th scenario. Get the double shot and we have 2 chances to break that seni losing streak. I agree that Penrith at full strength or even close to it is a hard task. Storm are beatable even in Melbourne. Worry about '25 next year.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I think you might be right Carina, depending on how good we go in the last bit we might jag 2nd spot and they will have to face each other in the prelim. The Roosters are a factor in it also. They have the side to win it, if they get their shit together. We could stumble into the GF depending on results but if we have to play Mel or Pen to get there, no chance.
The 2 sides to beat are Pennies and Rorters imo. We would have to play out of our skins to beat either of them in the semis but stranger things have happened.

If you look at teams running 1st and 2nd they have shown that not having spine member does not effect as much as been said the top 3 have played 17 games

All spine member amount of games
Sharks 9, Panthers 4, Storm 5
3 playing Sharks 7, Panthers 8, storm 4
2 playing Sharks 1, Panthers 3, storm 7
1 playing Sharks 0, Panthers 2, Storm 1

It shows you can win, by putting in journeyman or rookies to cover those spots, it's doing everything right