What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cowboys

Jodeci

Bench
1. Burt
2. Etu
3. Hayne
4. Taulima
5. Reddy
6. Mateo
7. Keating
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Fui Fui
11. Lowrie
12. Smith
13. Joe G

14. Robson
15. Weller
16. Mannah
19. Oake

oldmancraigy

Coach
1. Burt
2. Etu
3. Hayne
4. Taulima
5. Reddy
6. Mateo
7. Keating
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Fui Fui
11. Lowrie
12. Smith
13. Joe G

14. Robson
15. Weller
16. Mannah
19. Oake

ouch...

Robson looks worse than ineffective and is just taking up a bench spot!

I'd also love to see 2 props on the bench (not that we have a fourth prop worth picking - get fit fast Paulo).

Who are numbers 17 and 18? Late change?

oldmancraigy

Coach
So Lowrie, Smith, Robson have poor games yet they keep their spots but INU gets dropped...... not fair IMO.

Agreed - at least Inu has had a couple of GOOD games this season.

Most likely Anderson is trying to dump Inu (and reclaim the 320k per season) OR get his defence right and attacking confidence up at Wenty.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That is a sh*thouse looking side, worst pack in the NRL by far. Robson either starts or doesn't play IMO. We are in a bad way if we have no one at the club better than Lowrie,Oake,Smith or Weller for the back row.......

fish eel

Immortal
geeze our pack is weak.

Crazy seeing backs dropped and criticised when it's clear where our problem is

oldmancraigy

Coach
That is a sh*thouse looking side, worst pack in the NRL by far. Robson either starts or doesn't play IMO. We are in a bad way if we have no one at the club better than Lowrie,Oake,Smith or Weller for the back row.......

The sad thing is we really don't....

The only 2 who aren't listed are Hindmarsh (duh) and maybe Horo - at least he has some size and athletic ability which might give first grade defenses some trouble.

One is suspended the other still returning from injury.

Personally I'd start Mateo at lock every game and get Paulo running sand hills every day for the next 2 weeks to get some sort of fitness.

We've got a pretty solid record over the last 2 years when Paulo plays I think?

edit: we're 10 wins and 7 losses in games Paulo plays in over the last 2 years. That doesn't sound terribly flash - but just to point out that in games he has NOT played in we're 16 wins and 22 losses.
No doubt we're better with him in the lineup - and simply because he's a no-nonsense straight running prop who tips the scales at more than 105kgs (yeah Oake/ Dobes/ Cayless/ Wright I'm talking about you midgets).

Last edited:

spiderdan

Bench
i thought paulo was scheduled for a return to the lower grades last week. surely if he is fit he would have to get a run. last year in his few appearances i thought he did well and was our second best prop after fui.

oldmancraigy

Coach
i thought paulo was scheduled for a return to the lower grades last week. surely if he is fit he would have to get a run. last year in his few appearances i thought he did well and was our second best prop after fui.

Yeah - check my edit in the above post for the numbers of wins losses with and without him over the last 2 years!

I'd say give him 2 more weeks - should return maybe after the bye?

The Colonel

Immortal
The sad thing is we really don't....

The only 2 who aren't listed are Hindmarsh (duh) and maybe Horo - at least he has some size and athletic ability which might give first grade defenses some trouble.

One is suspended the other still returning from injury.

Personally I'd start Mateo at lock every game and get Paulo running sand hills every day for the next 2 weeks to get some sort of fitness.

We've got a pretty solid record over the last 2 years when Paulo plays I think?

edit: we're 10 wins and 7 losses in games Paulo plays in over the last 2 years. That doesn't sound terribly flash - but just to point out that in games he has NOT played in we're 16 wins and 22 losses.
No doubt we're better with him in the lineup - and simply because he's a no-nonsense straight running prop who tips the scales at more than 105kgs (yeah Oake/ Dobes/ Cayless/ Wright I'm talking about you midgets).

I'd like to see us use Grehan, Robinson and Lewis in the backrow.... Lewis and Grehan in particular as both are quite good with the ball in hand and defensively. Tim Robinson gives us a bigger version of his big brother.... who we could really do with at the moment.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'd like to see us use Grehan, Robinson and Lewis in the backrow.... Lewis and Grehan in particular as both are quite good with the ball in hand and defensively. Tim Robinson gives us a bigger version of his big brother.... who we could really do with at the moment.

Tim Robinson!

Forgot about him - he has good size and is a tireless worker.

I'd suggest managing the cap is a fair reason why some of these guys haven't been given a go yet? Sadly, if we play them, other teams could swoop and take them away for smallish contracts which we couldnt' afford to match IF we want to retain the flexibility to sign one or 2 significant peices for next season (which we desperately need!)

I'd like to see us use Grehan, Robinson and Lewis in the backrow.... Lewis and Grehan in particular as both are quite good with the ball in hand and defensively.

I definately think Lewis should be given a crack now. Let see what he can do. Unfortunately, we are playing for next year now.......

Stagger eel

Staff member
so,I'd like to know what everyone actually expects? do you all think that DA will pull a Jeremy Smith, Dalla Johnson or Trent Waterhouse out of his ringhole and convieniently throw them in? ffs people the cupboard is bare, there's nothing down there worth feeding and unfortunately we're going to have to put up with what we've got.

Jodeci

Bench
I'd rather see Paulo on for 15 mins and back on later and Horo for 35 mins

They are both still finding their way back but I'd rather then then Lowrie and Oake