What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cowboys

slippy

Juniors
I do not like Robson on the bench at all - waste a spot.

He hasn't exactly warranted selection and I dont think he will any time soon. Nothing more than an honest toiler.
Keating and Mateo is an exciting halves combo.
Gonna miss Hindy.
Forwards must step up for any chance of victory - I think the go forward has been good recently and if they improve it further then we might put them away convincingly.
If Bowen cuts us up I will dead set cry... sick of him hurting us.
Fui needs to run hard at Thurston all night.

Agree?

The Colonel

Immortal
so,I'd like to know what everyone actually expects? do you all think that DA will pull a Jeremy Smith, Dalla Johnson or Trent Waterhouse out of his ringhole and convieniently throw them in? ffs people the cupboard is bare, there's nothing down there worth feeding and unfortunately we're going to have to put up with what we've got.

We have some decent young forwards at Wenty who would probably be busting themselves for half a chance....... it certainly can't be any worse than it is now. I mean honestly, what is there to lose?

zuke

Juniors
Anderson, are you kidding me. What a joke of a forward pack. Oh well. At least Nth Qld supporters will have a laugh. Won't waste my time watching this one. Prepare for a flogging by the cowboys.

so,I'd like to know what everyone actually expects? do you all think that DA will pull a Jeremy Smith, Dalla Johnson or Trent Waterhouse out of his ringhole and convieniently throw them in? ffs people the cupboard is bare, there's nothing down there worth feeding and unfortunately we're going to have to put up with what we've got.

Tautai to off the bench as a 2nd rower

Inu to 3/4

Lewis off the bench, Im sure he could do a better job than Ben Smith in the backrow.

Robinson........ better than Ben Smith in the Backrow

If we are going to go down, Lets see how some people handle 1st grade in prep for next year.

And in a couple of weeks Horo and Paulo to be added when they get match fit.

SDM

First Grade
I would rather start the game with :

6. KK
7. Robson
13. Mateo

Either way, we are rooted though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tautai to off the bench as a 2nd rower

Inu to 3/4

Lewis off the bench, Im sure he could do a better job than Ben Smith in the backrow.

Robinson........ better than Ben Smith in the Backrow

If we are going to go down, Lets see how some people handle 1st grade in prep for next year.

And in a couple of weeks Horo and Paulo to be added when they get match fit.

first of all Jake..

from all reports INU looked disinterested..why should he be promoted if he doesn't want to dig in??

Robinson, won't be able to handle the pace, Lewis could be a goer but we won't get anymore out of him than who's already there..so maybe he could get a run and Tautai would be carved up by Bowan and Thurstan if he's put in an unfamilier role.

I'm also hoping both Horo and Paulo can be an option but unfortunately they apparently showed nothing on sunday for Wenty.

Goleel

Juniors
That has to be the worst Eels side in recent memory, in both general playing talent and taking current form into consideration. Last time I felt this helpless about a game was against the Roosters about 5 years ago, of course, we then got up in that one.

I don't see that happening this time.

What's happened to Bauman? I thought he had a bit of talent last year in the 20's, but he doesn't seem to be able to get off the NSW Cup bench. He was a big effort player, something we need a bit of now. I don't get out to NSW Cup though so can't tell how he's doing now.

bartman

Immortal
No dramas with the team named, I didn't expect changes (other then Hindy).

Interesting that Oake is wearing 19... The only people I'd really like to see given a step up into firsts at this stage are Paulo (if match fit) or Wright (injured).

I'd expect Inu is looking at at least 2 weeks, maybe 4 weeks in Wenty before he is re-assessed. Ando doesn't seem to do things like a 1 week slap on the wrist or to p[rove a point, you really have to work your way back into the line-up if you go down.

Having said that one injury in the backs will see Inu come back into first grade - Hayne escaping charge for high shots could have also been the difference for Inu being at Wenty again this week.

I think our backrow/bench is ordinary tbh, but we just haven't got anyone else up to it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
No dramas with the team named, I didn't expect changes (other then Hindy).

Interesting that Oake is wearing 19... The only people I'd really like to see given a step up into firsts at this stage are Paulo (if match fit) or Wright (injured).

I'd expect Inu is looking at at least 2 weeks, maybe 4 weeks in Wenty before he is re-assessed. Ando doesn't seem to do things like a 1 week slap on the wrist or to p[rove a point, you really have to work your way back into the line-up if you go down.

Having said that one injury in the backs will see Inu come back into first grade - Hayne escaping charge for high shots could have also been the difference for Inu being at Wenty again this week.

I think our backrow/bench is ordinary tbh, but we just haven't got anyone else up to it.

the fact that Wenty have a bye doesn't help INU's cause as well.

Avenger

Immortal
I have a feeling that the side named will not be the side that plays on Friday night. Daniel Anderson knows that we do not need another Parra headline like "Ben Smith dropped" or "Rookie to make debut" this week.

strider

Post Whore
Avenger's got hold of that Ben Smith to get the arse rumour and he's gonna run with it as far as he can :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger's got hold of that Ben Smith to get the arse rumour and he's gonna run with it as far as he can :lol: :lol:

yep, he's tucked that ball under his arm and full pelt at the opposition...lol bless him.

Actually Avenger, what are you doing on friday night?

Bazal

Post Whore
Robinson, won't be able to handle the pace, Lewis could be a goer but we won't get anymore out of him than who's already there..so maybe he could get a run and Tautai would be carved up by Bowan and Thurstan if he's put in an unfamilier role.

I'm also hoping both Horo and Paulo can be an option but unfortunately they apparently showed nothing on sunday for Wenty.

I personally don't see how Robinson, Horo, Paulo, Baumann, Lewis, Latimore etc could do any worse than Lowrie, Oake, Weller and the like have been going. At least they may offer some enthusiasm and a fresh outlook and (in terms of Latimore and Paulo anyway) some much needed size.

Not that I'm criticising Anderson as such, I understand precisely why he's picked the side he has...I'd just like to see a change or two

TheParraboy

Staff member
Good looking side

Thurston and co to come crashing to earth with a massive thud on friday....

first of all Jake..

from all reports INU looked disinterested..why should he be promoted if he doesn't want to dig in??

Lowrie and Smith are not handling as it is, So what's the difference?

Mickyd39

Juniors
This is pretty much the team that has been touched up for the past 2 weeks.

When is Anderson going to realise that Burt is not a fullback and he does not run the ball back with any power. GET RID OF HIM. I know burt is not the only one playing bad, but Anderson has to start somewhere.

he has banished Inu. Burt,Smith and Lowrie has to be the next to go if we get rolled this weekend.

I'm already looking foward towards 2010 and i'm getting more depressed.

COACH AND NEW BOARD BUY SOME QUALITY PLAYERS AND GET RID OF THE DEAD WOOD. Cayless i'm looking at you.

i feel like i'm ranting and gone off the topic.

I hope i'm proved wrong on Friday night.

I, like the other 5,000 people there this Friday night will still be cheering them on.(Glutton for punishment)

GO THE EELS.

Latest posts