What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cowboys

eels_

Juniors
Mannah will be ok... he needs time... How many props come into first grade and are stars? Its the hardest position for youngsters to dominate in.

The Colonel

Immortal
We don't need to promote the likes of Allgood, Te Whata and Johnson.

We need to use our reggies side though, otherwise what is the point of having them. There last game certainly wasn't pretty by any means but they have been in decent form leading up to that loss.

caylo

Bench
We don't need to promote the likes of Allgood, Te Whata and Johnson.

We need to use our reggies side though, otherwise what is the point of having them. There last game certainly wasn't pretty by any means but they have been in decent form leading up to that loss.
Have to agree, I would look at promoting Latimore, Wright and Cordoba before these guys even if they arnt in our future plans. Im all for promoting young backs and possiblhy backrower but not props. How many good 20 year old props do u know of?

born an eel

Bench
Mannah will be ok... he needs time... How many props come into first grade and are stars? Its the hardest position for youngsters to dominate in.
it's also hard to play as a prop when your play is just one out stuff.

We need more player movement off the ball to keep the defense guessing. That is the reason all our forwards are finding it hard to get yards and quick play the balls.

It must be so easy to play against us knowing you can line up the ball carrier because he is the only one moving.

Pazza

First Grade
Mannah was a world beater in under 20, Allgood and Johnston arent as good as he was, they are all still quiet young. They would get destroyed at the moment in the top grade. I think its much easier to elevate a outside back or half then it is to elevate a forward especially a prop. Think of guys like Poore, Bailey, Price, Fui, OMealy and Weyman... how long has it taken them to find form in the top grade. It takes 3 years to get used to pack and strength of NRL football. Mannah can be good, we must persist. Allgood looks very good, as does Te Whata and Jonston but they will require time.

Mannah will be good, he has the physical attributes and the right head, he just needs, as you said, time.

bartman

Immortal
Mannah will be good in first grade when he's about 24...

Wenty is for guys making the transition from U20s to open age, and who aren't quite up to it yet, imo. That's where they should do their time, and be paid accordingly, freeing up money for us to chase decent/experienced forwards that are ready for first grade now.

Our pack and bench forwards are a disgrace recruitment-wise, when compared to North Queensland's.

lingard

Coach
I would rather start the game with :

6. KK
7. Robson
13. Mateo

Either way, we are rooted though.

Definitely. Robson`s not brilliant by any means, but when you think about it, he`s everything that Finch was not - he`s mistake-free, he`s reliable, he gets the ball to the backs. And he takes the line on, which keeps the opposition guessing. Keating at five-eight outside Robson for the whole game would work really well. I can`t understand why Anderson has Robson on the bench.

yy_cheng

Coach
Only thing I had a problem with Robson that I had was that he runs to the line alot and then throws a hard flat pass.

With our butter fingered team, there would be alot more dropped ball.

If he mixed it around a bit, it would be much better.

But I agree,

6. KK
7. Robson
13. Mateo

would be better but if Mateo wants the ball, he should get it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
im putting $20 on parra to win 13+ at the 8/1
I have a feeling we will click now : )

mate, if you've based that assumption on the election result than you're a bigger fool than I thought...

don't waste your money or better still give it to charity.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
so why would they all of a sudden click into gear? :?

because loosing gets boring thats why. I 've seen many sides loosing games all of a sudden produce a stunning win, why? because it gets to a point where their confidence cannot get any lower, i call that point the equilibrium:lol:

Latest posts