What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cowboys

This is pretty much the team that has been touched up for the past 2 weeks.

When is Anderson going to realise that Burt is not a fullback and he does not run the ball back with any power. GET RID OF HIM. I know burt is not the only one playing bad, but Anderson has to start somewhere.

he has banished Inu. Burt,Smith and Lowrie has to be the next to go if we get rolled this weekend.

I'm already looking foward towards 2010 and i'm getting more depressed.

COACH AND NEW BOARD BUY SOME QUALITY PLAYERS AND GET RID OF THE DEAD WOOD. Cayless i'm looking at you.

i feel like i'm ranting and gone off the topic.

I hope i'm proved wrong on Friday night.

I, like the other 5,000 people there this Friday night will still be cheering them on.(Glutton for punishment)

GO THE EELS.

I know how you feel buddy!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I personally don't see how Robinson, Horo, Paulo, Baumann, Lewis, Latimore etc could do any worse than Lowrie, Oake, Weller and the like have been going. At least they may offer some enthusiasm and a fresh outlook and (in terms of Latimore and Paulo anyway) some much needed size.

Not that I'm criticising Anderson as such, I understand precisely why he's picked the side he has...I'd just like to see a change or two

are you suggesting that we should throw them all in??? :? I'm very open minded to Marty Lewis getting a run maybe even Lats but atm the difference between them and what we have now could be 30 to 40 points...we'll lose by 30 no doubt about it but we can't affird to be destroyed by 60 against an interstate team at home because we used a bunch of players that would struggle to keep up with the pace of the game.

Bazal

Post Whore
are you suggesting that we should throw them all in??? :? I'm very open minded to Marty Lewis getting a run maybe even Lats but atm the difference between them and what we have now could be 30 to 40 points...we'll lose by 30 no doubt about it but we can't affird to be destroyed by 60 against an interstate team at home because we used a bunch of players that would struggle to keep up with the pace of the game.

I never said that? :?

Gronk

Staff member
This is pretty much the team that has been touched up for the past 2 weeks.

When is Anderson going to realise that Burt is not a fullback and he does not run the ball back with any power. GET RID OF HIM. I know burt is not the only one playing bad, but Anderson has to start somewhere.

he has banished Inu. Burt,Smith and Lowrie has to be the next to go if we get rolled this weekend.

I'm already looking foward towards 2010 and i'm getting more depressed.

COACH AND NEW BOARD BUY SOME QUALITY PLAYERS AND GET RID OF THE DEAD WOOD. Cayless i'm looking at you.

i feel like i'm ranting and gone off the topic.

I hope i'm proved wrong on Friday night.

I, like the other 5,000 people there this Friday night will still be cheering them on.(Glutton for punishment)

GO THE EELS.

Leave poor Luke alone Mick. He's been one of the best on the ground got all year. He may not be there next year in the 1 jumper when Ando forms his team, but for the time being, he'll do me.

In the meantime, this year is all about teaching the kids deemed worthwhile and punting the others that don't try.

yy_cheng

Coach
Gronk,

He does ok in attack but he is one that doesn't try hard in defense.

But then, he is one of many.

Watch the tries scored by the Broncs.

You often see Luke just watching them score.

He showed no urgency to try and help out (besides one when Hayne WWE a guy).

There was one time he was 2-3 m away, the attacker broke the tackle and scored. Luke just watched.

If it was Hindy, he would've been straight on the attacker to help the current tacklers out.

If you watch Hayne, he tries too to to stop the attacker. Hayne does have a knack of letting his opposition centre get around him, but then at least he chases and ankle taps the guy.

Burt just watches. I still think he is worried about getting injured since his leg injury.

The Colonel

Immortal

The suggestion isn't to throw them all in..... but at the moment our back row is struggling to keep pace anyway. The enthusiaism alone may be worth fifteen or twenty points of the score. Who really knows until we try. Two or three of those names on the bench and in the starting side might be a better bet than what has been served up for the past two weeks.

CrazyEel

Bench
Team doesn't exactly fill me with confidence but as I can't comment on how well guys are going for wenty can only assume those selected are the best we have available.

Will be a tough year hangin out for some good Chrstmas presents.

Raudonikis

Juniors
The scariest thing is the broncos put 40 on us with Hindy playing,Ohhhh, i have a feeling by half time it will be all over with that backrow chosen.

Parraletic

Juniors
I doubt that is the team that will take the field. I'm sure Ando saw how poor Robson was in D last week & he offers nothing in attack. Rather see Mortimer on the bench for his running game similair to what Sammut was for the Panthers last night.

Like to see some of the young forwards get a go as well, Latimore, Lewis, Horo.

We'll have to wait & see but with that team named it makes it hard getting motivated getting in the car to Parra stadium, even with a season ticket.

Looks like the only positive news to come out of this year for Parra will be the new Footy & Leagues club boards.

Look out for the bye bye Fitzy banners on friday night!

Raudonikis

Juniors
the fact that Wenty have a bye doesn't help INU's cause as well.

Stagger just on INU, i was thinking today at work riding around a golf course about parra,and it really is a big risk playing him at wenty ( injury wise )when he is a very high priced player who we will need sooner rather than later?I mean just about the whole teams playing crap and i doubt it would do his confidence any good..Just my thoughts thru the day.

just out of interest, what is the effect on the salary cap if we do promoite our juniors, do they then get included into our top 25 or whatever i.e. we have to pay them more, just wondering if there is something around that, that is forcing DA's hand not to promote anymore juniors, we simply cant afford to...

Not sure, anyone?

Snoochies

First Grade
I'm with Stagger, there's not much in the cupboard and how on earth can we build something when we have a new team out there everyweek and then we all whinge that it's not working. I doubt we're going to win but having a constant team might start to produce some better results.
Our attack has been ok but plonking the ball on the line sucks atm.

Anyway, you can all sit with your grumpy hats on, I'll be cheering!

GO PARRA!

Stagger eel

Staff member
look, I'm up for blooding 1 player at a time but I don't think it'll help us over all, I mean there isn't a player out there asking alot of questions of the first grade coach atm and this may well be painful to admit but the players that are out there now are more than likely the best players available which is sad state of affairs of where we're at.

cumberlandcozza

Juniors
I for one am looking forward to this weekend.....the boys have a chance to add to the dig they had against the broncos. Even if they are not the most talented side running around, anytime they have a go is a thumbs up in my books, even if they do lose on the scoreboard.....

SDM

First Grade
Ill be happy if we can finish off some of the attack and score 4 or 5 tries.

Delboy

First Grade
Gee, Todd manages to get another NRL game in his portfolio, how the heck can that happen, that is how bad our recruitment and retention has been over the past couple of years.

I will be there Friday, and my $20 at 8-1 for us to win the wooden spoon seems pretty good now, as you say, nothing to get excited about but a horrible back row and a prop who cant make a solid 100 mteres , oh well go the Eels

Latest posts