What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cowboys

spartan2153

Juniors
No, there'd surely be a period of adjustment, especially in defence. It would also take him some time to get used to the centrefield structure used in league, and the adjustments he'd have to make to his kicking game.

But he'd be an absolute freakish playmaker from the word go. Linebreaks would appear in a ten-twenty metre radius of wherever he ran the ball. We'd just have to work hard to make sure the same wasn't true of his defence.

Anyway, I reckon he'll go to the Broncos. We're a chance but Brisbane would have to be favourites. Kearney might've been telling the truth when he said he didn't want him.

interesting

True EEL

Bench
Madness,

Why on earth do you want three wide running backrowers?
Do you want to get monstered in the forwards?
You only need one wide running backrower. If he's out wide, he should easily last the 80 minutes.

I'll take two in Horo, and Ben Smith. Get rid of Lasalo, waste of a position. If he's not gonna take hit ups and chew up the metres for us, then he's no good to us.
Our problem is we've got too many players in the same mould.
Lasalo is another Weller Hauraki. What does he bring to our team?

Our four backrowers should be Hindy, Shack, Ben Smith and Horo.
The props rotate themselves with Allgood, Mannah, Fui and Webb.
Too many wide running backrowers these days. WASTE!

i tend to agree with this sentiment....

especially the breakdown of the backrow and frontrow players and the fact that Lasalo is not really offering much to the team right now....

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont think we will see Brad Murray play first grade this year...
The only change we may see if Humble come in if he re-surfaces and plays well....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Until Murray lifts his game we certainly won't see him but anything could happen between now and the end of the year.

I think Murray has the most potential of any half at the club. It's a pity he's playing like a busted arse at the moment but probably understandable given recent circumstances. I doubt his pre-season was ideal.

I'm almost certain we'll see Humble in first grade at some stage.

lingard

Coach
Nah that's fair enough.

You dopes all know better than the people who get paid to make these decisions.

Logical fallacy, son.

Not recognising untried talent in the lower grades is not the same as seeing potential that might not be there.

This is why you're an amateur and the pros are pros.

For the record, Keating is no solution to our current weaknesses, and Hodkinson would be useful to us right now for his kicking game, but he's hardly a world beater. We're not the first club to let him go either.[/QUOTE]

Actually, we are. :lol:

lingard

Coach
Until Murray lifts his game we certainly won't see him but anything could happen between now and the end of the year.

I think Murray has the most potential of any half at the club. It's a pity he's playing like a busted arse at the moment but probably understandable given recent circumstances. I doubt his pre-season was ideal.

I'm almost certain we'll see Humble in first grade at some stage.

You mean the turnstile with handling problems? :lol: What makes you think he`s good enough for first grade?

lingard

Coach
And that makes him like Andrew Johns? I think Joey got man-of-the-match a few more times than that.

In three games Hodgson's got as many try assists as Morts (2).

In the same three games he's got 11 missed tackles and 10 ineffective.

Mortimer has only 6 missed and 2 ineffective.

Obviously the Bulldogs are this year's March premiers but if we're not playing as well as them it's not our halves' fault. Likewise, the Bulldogs are getting great momentum and dominating in the ruck. Any halves would play well behind that, including Robson and Mortimer in 2009.

I guess that`s a perfect example of how stats often don`t give us a very good picture of what`s really happening.

lingard

Coach
I agree, but you don't see me saying what the coach should do, or why I know better than professional coaches. I spend my time and energy trying to understand the coaching decisions I see, and explaining them for others.

We can certainly exchange views on the game without implying we know better than the people who make several hundred thousand dollars a year to know about footy.

What counter view? I said my piece and you replied by rephrasing your point. You offered nothing new for me to reply to.

Well I hope so, because in my day job I get paid for my ability to explain complicated things to idiots. It's a skill I pride myself on.

Indeed they are but I guarantee you they're on a lot more money. Do you really think the club intends to keep Robson and Mortimer beyond this year? We want a gun in the halves, and neither Hodkinson nor Keating is it.

Sure we could have Keating and Hodkinson this year if we'd made different recruitment decisions but that would stop us recruiting someone better for next year. Don't forget we bought two promising young halves in the off-season. Murray might be sh*t right now but think about what he's just been through. He was better in NYC last year than either Hodkinson or Keating were, and Bruest was a f**king magician on the weekend.

But I'm confident we're on the prowl for a quality half next year. At best it'll be Quade Cooper; at worst it'll be Peter Wallace or Ben Hunt.

And make no mistake, we`re all ever so grateful to you. :roll::sarcasm:

Dick head.

lingard

Coach
Gents - you can't have a decent half pairing if your forwards are average or in our case below average.

Hodkingson at the Eagles and now at the Dogs (like K Keating) was/are playing behind above average packs. It gives them room to move and not be rushed into plays.

I am suprised no-one has mentioned how our pack is too one dimensional. No-one can off load , the yards are hard to come by and and they just don't seem to scare anyone. We have a pussy pack.

Do you reckon no one can off-load, or do you think it could be the no-frills game-plan that Kearney has in place at the moment? I agree with you, though. And I hope it changes pretty bloody soon.

Snoochies

First Grade
So how bout them Titans, a decent group up front and a world class half.

Things could be worse.

Latest posts