What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cowboys

SDM

First Grade
I think Ant Mitchell showed enough in 6 minutes during a charity game in the pre-seaon to demand selection, if Kearney doesn't put him in the starting side he should be sacked.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't worry about Kearney. Mitchell's got until about May to decide whether he's a Queenslander or a NSWelshman.

No matter which way he decides, you know there's going to be some extra feeling in this year's Origin.

strider

Post Whore

The Omen

Juniors
good to see Mitchell named

not a bad side on paper but like others have concerns with Morgan and Uaisele more so Uaisele

and hopefully Ben Smith has a better week

natheel

Coach
Unlike you, Kearney realises Keating most certainly is our second best hooker, placing him comfortably in the bottom half of our top 2 hookers.

What I'm saying is this round he will see Mitchell is more worthy of selection over keating when McGuire is back...making McGuire and Mitchell our top 2 hookers

Prop Forward

Juniors
Will be interesting to see who plays at left centre and who plays right.

Reddy has been a right centre all his career, but Morgan has played there the first 3 rounds.

I'd put Reddy on the right...simply because the right centre has to make a lot of tackles.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
At least our opponents didn't get flogged last weekend. Hopefully they're out of gas.

Edit - Missed Mickdo's post. D'Oh.

Last edited:

True EEL

Bench
wow.....still picking Ryan Morgan, and to a lesser extent, Etu.....ok then???

i'm not trying ti know them, but they are not up to first grade right now, Morgan particularly - he simply cannot read the defence and for 3 straight weeks now has planted his feet and watched blokes run around him......

glad to see Webb and Mitchell getting their chances and thank the lord for Joel Reddy lol

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What I'm saying is this round he will see Mitchell is more worthy of selection over keating when McGuire is back...making McGuire and Mitchell our top 2 hookers

I disagree.

I think Mitchell might look sharp against retreating defences but he will once again be very ordinary in defence. Anyway, I see Mitchell as one more for the long-term. McGuire will miss plenty of games through injury and Mitchell will take his chances with relish.

Mitchell might eventually force Morts or Robson out of the team (with McGuire shifting to the halves) but Keating's a proven first grader mate. That's why he keeps being re-signed. He's really not as bad as so many nuffies make out. He makes very few errors and doesn't miss many tackles, and he can play 80 minutes if needed. He's very dependable.

Reddy has been a right centre all his career, but Morgan has played there the first 3 rounds.

I'd put Reddy on the right...simply because the right centre has to make a lot of tackles.

I reckon you're spot on. We might even see what Morgan's got in attack with him on the left. I reckon he might be a good linebreaker; the way he keeps being picked says he must be getting good speed and power numbers at training.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: best put down ever!

Wait a minute, that was a put down?!?!?!?!?!

Well f**k, now my feelings are all hurt and I can't even post an emoticon because you used them all up.

pedge

Juniors

Do u line them up with burt-reddy who I rate both as pretty good defender, or do u split them up and go with burt-morgan and reddy-etu and hope they other two learn something off theyre partners?

True EEL

Bench
personally the backline should be something like this.....i'm all for radical change only 3 rounds in, i'm over the inconsistency

1. Burt
2. Walker
3. Smith
4. Reddy
5. Hicks
6. Hayne
7. Mortimer

born an eel

Bench
did anyone see Reddy last week, everyone is counting on him coming back with his best defensive game but coming back from a shoulder can be interesting.
Even if it is medically sound, players can be gun-shy.

Latest posts