What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Dogs

SDM

First Grade
That knee lifting nice person deserves any dangerous contact he cops.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Would like to see (assuming Hayne, Benny and Keating all unavailable:

1. Mullaney
2. Morgan
3. Savage
4. Tonga
5. Sio
6. Paulo
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Smith
10. Poore (seemed to play better when starting)
11. Hindy
12. Ryan
13. Maitua

14. Kelly
15. Moimoi
16. Allgood
17. Blair

18. Roberts
19. Burt

Absolutely buckles chance of it happening though

SDM

First Grade

1. Mullaney
2. Morgan
3. Savage
4. Tonga
5. Sio
6. Paulo
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Smith
11. Hindy
12. Ryan
13. Maitua

14. Kelly
15. Moimoi
16. Allgood
17. Blair

18. Roberts
19. Burt

Only if we don't kick off.

razorseels

Juniors

1. Mullaney
2. Morgan
3. Savage
4. Tonga
5. Sio
6. Paulo
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Smith
11. Hindy
12. Ryan
13. Maitua

14. Kelly
15. Moimoi
16. Allgood
17. Blair

18. Roberts
19. Burt

So your going to do what our dumbass coach does and play our most destructive forward off the bench. i thought only SK was that stupid.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
So your going to do what our dumbass coach does and play our most destructive forward off the bench. i thought only SK was that stupid.

Yes. To give the team the best balance over the 80 minutes, I'd start with Mannah and Poore and bring on Fuifui when he can have the most impact and when the other players are more likely to take advantage of that impact (ie. actually play some footy). I would bring him on a lot earlier though.

My prop rotation would be:

15m: Poore > Moimoi (and tell Mannah to go nuts for next 5)
20m: Mannah > Allgood
35m: Allgood > Mannah (M&M both go nuts for 5)
HT break (M&M both go nuts for another 10)
50m: M&M > P&A
70m: P&A > M&M

Total minutes:
Mannah 45
Poore 35
Moimoi 45
Allgood 35

You been watching much footy lately mate? Last time I checked T-Rex plays off the bench for both Manly and NSW....seems to work pretty well. Even if it doesn't work it goes to show that at least 2 other coaches are equally stupid.

razorseels

Juniors
the big difference is T rex doesn't come on when the game is already done and dusted.
we need go forward from the start not when its 20 zip

eloquentEEL

First Grade
You been watching much footy lately mate? Last time I checked T-Rex plays off the bench for both Manly and NSW....seems to work pretty well. Even if it doesn't work it goes to show that at least 2 other coaches are equally stupid.

TRex is actually a starter for Manly these days, but there are plenty of teams that like to play their destructive off the bench regularly:
NQ - Taumalolo
Sharks - Fifita
Broncos - McGuire/ Te'o
Roosters - Masoe
Tigers - Murdoch-Masila
Warriors - Mateo

razorseels

Juniors

Manly have King Kite Watmough Stewart when fit we have Poore Mannah Hindy work it out

the big difference is T rex doesn't come on when the game is already done and dusted.

I agree that we need to stop conceding 20 points in the first 20 or so minutes. Generally a sub-optimal tactic. I got no problem with Fui starting from bench (but no problem the other way round either).

razorseels

Juniors
I agree that we need to stop conceding 20 points in the first 20 or so minutes. Generally a sub-optimal tactic. I got no problem with Fui starting from bench (but no problem the other way round either).

Ever heard if you keep doing the same things you keep getting the same things.

I think its time to do something different

eloquentEEL

First Grade

It's not like he breaks or even bends the line on every carry. An extra 2 or 3 metres per set isn't worth 20+ points. What is valuable is the momentum when he busts the line. You think he'd have better odds of doing that at the start of the match?

Here's a tip. The points Manly put on us weren't because of a lack of go forward. They were simple dropped balls and missed tackles. No strike forward would have changed that.

Ever heard if you keep doing the same things you keep getting the same things.

I think its time to do something different

Sure. That doesn't mean that you do *anything* different. I'd like us to do different things like a) not dropping the ball b) not giving dumb ass penalties away on the 4th/5th tackle.

I understand your frustration, but I don't think things like Fui's starting/bench role have much to do with our predicament.

razorseels

Juniors
No doubt we would still be losing but what i'm saying is we are wasting our best ball runner and maybe if he starts we can get on a roll score first and who knows how we'll go with a bit of confidence