What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Panthers

Gronk

Staff member
Eels Stick Solid for Battle of the West
Ross Smart
Pirtek Parramatta Eels Media

Tuesday, August 25, 2009
00003838-image.jpg

© Action Photographics
Eels head coach Daniel Anderson

Pirtek Parramatta Eels head coach Daniel Anderson has retained the same 17 that triumphed against the Wests Tigers for this Friday’s round 25 NRL clash against the Penrith Panthers at Parramatta Stadium.
Feleti Mateo has been named on the bench after making a successful comeback from a bicep injury against the Tigers, the ball playing back rower playing a cameo role in the Eels 26-18 victory.
Also included in the side to play the Panthers is winger Luke Burt, who finished last Friday’s match despite sustaining deep bruising after being kneed by Tigers prop Bryce Gibbs.
Ticket sales for Friday night’s encounter have been strong, with just over 5,000 seats remaining as of lunchtime Tuesday.
“This is our fastest selling match in a number of years and we want to give all our supporters the best possible chance to see what will be an outstanding game of Rugby League,” Eels chief executive Paul Osborne said.
“The message we are sending is clear – don’t delay.
“Waiting until Friday may well be too late, there are still plenty of seats available so we’re suggesting people get online or to their nearest Ticketek outlet as soon as possible.”
Toyota Cup head coach David Fairleigh has retained his starting side for Friday’s clash with the Panthers after holding on to score a much needed win over the Tigers at the Sydney Football Stadium.
The same however cannot be said for the bench, with Mitchel Johnson sidelined with an ankle injury.
The Eels can leapfrog the Panthers on the Toyota Cup ladder by way of superior points differential if they claim victory on Friday.
Wentworthville plays Balmain-Ryde in the second last round of the NSW Cup on Saturday, while the Magpies earned a week off in the Bundaberg Red Cup having won through to next week’s Grand Final.
Teams for this weekend are as follows:
NRL : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS V PENRITH PANTHERS
PARRAMATTA STADIUM : 730PM : FRI 28 AUGUST 2009

1. Jarryd HAYNE 2. Luke BURT 3. Krisnan INU 4. Joel REDDY 5. Eric GROTHE 6. Daniel MORTIMER 7. Jeff ROBSON 8. Nathan CAYLESS [C] 9. Matthew KEATING 10. Fuifui MOIMOI 11. Nathan HINDMARSH 12. Joe GALUVAO 13. Todd LOWRIE INTERCHANGE: 14. Kevin KINGSTON 15. Feleti MATEO 16. Ben SMITH 17. Tim MANNAH COACH: Daniel ANDERSON
TOYOTA CUP : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS V PENRITH PANTHERS
PARRAMATTA STADIUM : 515PM : FRI 28 AUGUST 2009

1. Dan CROSS 2. Ryan MORGAN 3. Domenic NASSO 4. Rory BRIEN 5. Brad GRAHAM 6. Jaydin TAVITA 7. TK AMOSA 8. Mitchell ALLGOOD 9. Daniel GALATI 10. Kene TE WHATA 11. Taniela LASALO 12. Royce HURA 13. Jason BAITIERI [C] INTERCHANGE: 14. Tim CRELLIN 15. Peni TEREPO 16. Joel LATHAM 18. Josh TUITUPOU COACH: David FAIRLEIGH
NSW CUP : WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES V BALMAIN-RYDE
LEICHHARDT OVAL : 5PM : SAT 29 AUGUST 2009

1. Tim MORTIMER 2. Etu UAISELE 3. Jonathan WRIGHT 4. Mark LULAND 21. Taulima TAUTAI 6. Mark O'GRADY 7. James GREHAN 8. Tim ROBINSON 9. Anthony MITCHELL 10. Jeremy LATIMORE 11. Weller HAURAKI 12. Justin HORO [C] 13. Brendan OAKE INTERCHANGE: 14. Kim UASI 15. Marty LEWIS 16. Junior PAULO 17. Joe MATAELE 18. Shane CROFT COACH: Rip TAYLOR
http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=19637

Delboy

First Grade
Kelly has a busted sternum and won't play again this year, Gardner is also out injured which I think the Sharks may have to become accustomed to. A good player but not always available

forward pass

Coach
Any reason why Feleti wouldn't have had a run with Wenty for 30 minutes or so to get some match fitness last week? Is that allowed after you have played NRL?

Just curious.

wittyz chick

Coach
Where's Mitch Johnson??? Or am I just blind?

BTW: On Horo: please talk like this annoys me.. no offence to anyone but Horo needs to string a few good games together before I'll agree to shove him in first grade. So many times with a game that'll be shown on tv Horo will play really well and everyone will fall over themselves to get him in first grade but a lot of the time he can be a VERY frustrating footballer to watch. He'll go himself when there's at least 3 players unmarked outside him, he'll throw extremely stupid passes that don't need to be thrown especially close to our line or he'll just drop the ball cold without a defender near him and sometimes his defence can be pathetic and if we are getting belted you won't even notice him on the field.

Look I'm not doubting he can play first grade but if he does one day and plays badly and you all abuse him I'll just prove to you all what I've said above. But that being said sometimes he can play absolutely brilliant.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Where's Mitch Johnson??? Or am I just blind?

BTW: On Horo: please talk like this annoys me.. no offence to anyone but Horo needs to string a few good games together before I'll agree to shove him in first grade. So many times with a game that'll be shown on tv Horo will play really well and everyone will fall over themselves to get him in first grade but a lot of the time he can be a VERY frustrating footballer to watch. He'll go himself when there's at least 3 players unmarked outside him, he'll throw extremely stupid passes that don't need to be thrown especially close to our line or he'll just drop the ball cold without a defender near him and sometimes his defence can be pathetic and if we are getting belted you won't even notice him on the field.

Look I'm not doubting he can play first grade but if he does one day and plays badly and you all abuse him I'll just prove to you all what I've said above. But that being said sometimes he can play absolutely brilliant.

Another Ted Goodwin but in the forwards!!!!!!

Booooooooooooo Casper
icon7.gif

WC from what I understand Mitch got injured last week.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=19637

ParraEels.com.au said:
Toyota Cup head coach David Fairleigh has retained his starting side for Friday’s clash with the Panthers after holding on to score a much needed win over the Tigers at the Sydney Football Stadium.
The same however cannot be said for the bench, with Mitchel Johnson sidelined with an ankle injury.

Latest posts