What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Panthers.

Meth

Staff member
Panthers: 1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Brad Tighe 6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh 8. Matthew Bell 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 18. Travis Burns 15. Gavin Cooper 16. Sam McKendry 17. Nathan Smith
Reserves: 20. Masada Iosefa 19. Frank Puletua 14. Dane Laurie 21. David Simmons 22. Sandor Earl

So Walsh is back in

I heard Grant has been cleared of the broken leg, so he will be back for the finals

Dane Laurie- has he played at all this year?

Are Jennings and Lewis fit to play?

I know Lewis missed a lot of the second half injured and I think Jennings broke his nose?

tkr

Juniors
Looks like JBro will be back at fullback, according to the news tonight. Although Hohaia will undergo a fitness test before the squad leaves.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Ropati at Fullback again. Though there is a question of the Panthers bombing him. But Ropati was safe under the few bombs that did come his way, in very poor conditions.

I must admit I was a bit uneasy when the team list came up on the screen and Ropati was listed at Fullback but the first 5 minutes put that to rest. Apart from the cold it was a great night out at Mt Smart :D.

Another outing in the position will either prove his ability one way or another, especially against Penrith. Good luck Jerome. Give it heaps :thumb

Martli

Coach
Looks like JBro will be back at fullback, according to the news tonight. Although Hohaia will undergo a fitness test before the squad leaves.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Ropati at Fullback again. Though there is a question of the Panthers bombing him. But Ropati was safe under the few bombs that did come his way, in very poor conditions.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3898435/Warriors-prepare-for-tough-Penrith-kicking-game

This article is suggesting Hohaia will play. Anyone know when the team is supposed to leave?

ozbash

Referee
Jro fullback,
Jerome Ropati will again start at fullback for the Warriors in their 18th-round National Rugby League match against Penrith Panthers at Sydney on Sunday.
He replaces regular fullback Lance Hohaia, who was again ruled out by a groin injury.
The injury forced Hohaia to pull out at the 11th hour for the Warriors' last outing against Parramata which the Warriors won 35-6 with Ropati also filling in at fullback.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3903876/Ropati-to-start-for-Warriors

Kilkenny

Coach
I think this will be a close contest.

The Panthers are off the back of the dreaded Monday night game, State or Origin and the huge loss of Tim Grant.

It is very difficult in this very even competition to secure three, four or more back to back victories.

Both sides have won three on the trot and with rain forecast this will almost certainly be up for grabs.

ozreece77

Juniors
I think this will be a close contest.

The Panthers are off the back of the dreaded Monday night game, State or Origin and the huge loss of Tim Grant.

It is very difficult in this very even competition to secure three, four or more back to back victories.

Both sides have won three on the trot and with rain forecast this will almost certainly be up for grabs.

if they dont shut down the Walsh/Coote show, we will get run over again.
I wont mind the odd penalty for late tackles on Walsh if it shakes him up abit. I just want to see some pressure on him this time, as it was non existant last time. and that kid Coote is an absolute freak under the high ball. Some of the takes in the 20m area this season where he quickly passed to a player in one motion while falling have been mindblowing. Can take some punishment too for a smallish guy.
And they need to be awake on the edges as Purtell and Tighe had a field day last time against our guys.
Pritchard has been ominous the last few games. Hopefully doesnt explode against us with a man of the match performance.
A wet day would be great.

Last edited:

tkr

Juniors
Another outing in the position will either prove his ability one way or another, especially against Penrith. Good luck Jerome. Give it heaps :thumb

Well, well. Didn't he do well then? Good on ya Jerome. One spilled ball from all those kicks is fine. :D

So, even if Lance is fit this week, do you run Lance and Jerome as an interchange option or put Lance back at fullback and Jerome back into the centres? I'm sure they will need some fresh palyers after all that tackling.

Martli

Coach
I reckon Hohaia will probably slot right back in. Even though Jerome went pretty well at Fullback, they'll want to include Hohaia. Can't justify dropping Henderson after his last couple of games either, so Hohaia won't go to the bench.

Meth

Staff member
I reckon Hohaia will probably slot right back in. Even though Jerome went pretty well at Fullback, they'll want to include Hohaia. Can't justify dropping Henderson after his last couple of games either, so Hohaia won't go to the bench.

Yeah, Hohaia in. Ropati back to the centres with honour. Brown back to the second row with honour. Lousi back to the Vulcans with honour