What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Sharks

Hatzy

Juniors
Sanchez said:
two late changes reported today on radio sport

j ro in for georgey gatis and louie anderson in for corey lawrie

Kiwi internationals Louis Anderson and Jerome Ropati have been called into the Vodafone Warriors' NRL side for Saturday night's clash against Cronulla at Mt Smart Stadium. Ropati is now set to play his first NRL match of the year after being troubled by back and hamstring complaints. After missing the club's pre-season trials and the early rounds of the NRL, the 22-year-old Ropati started his comeback two weeks ago. First he turned out for the Auckland Lions in the Bartercard Cup before playing for the Vodafone Auckland Lions in their New South Wales Premier League clash against North Sydney last Saturday.
Anderson (21) was forced from the field with an ankle injury in the Vodafone Warriors' season-opening win against Parramatta on March 17.
He played his first game since when he joined Ropati in the Vodafone Auckland Lions last weekend. With Ropati and Anderson coming into the side, head coach Ivan Cleary has released hooker George Gatis and back rower Corey Lawrie to play for the Vodafone Auckland Lions in Saturday night's premier league curtain-raiser against the Sharks. Gatis and Lawrie were both on the bench for last Sunday's dramatic 18-16 NRL victory against the Rabbitohs.
Vodafone Warriors utility Patrick Ah Van will also be playing his first NRL match of the year on Saturday night. The 19-year-old was brought into the side to replace suspended first-choice fullback Wade McKinnon. After making a delayed start to the season following off-season shoulder surgery, Ah Van has played three games at fullback for the Vodafone Auckland Lions in the New South Wales Premier League. He started at fullback twice in his 15 appearances for the Vodafone Warriors in his rookie season in 2006.

PATRICK AH VAN
TODD BYRNE
TONY MARTIN
SIMON MANNERING
MANU VATUVEI
MICHAEL WITT
GRANT ROVELLI
EVARN TUIMAVAVE
NATHAN FIEN
STEVE PRICE (c)
RUBEN WIKI (v-c)
LOGAN SWANN
MICHEAL LUCK
SAM RAPIRA
EPALAHAME LAUAKI
JEROME ROPATI
LOUIS ANDERSON

www.warriors.co.nz

Hatzy

Juniors
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
So much for the idea of working to earn your place.

I would rather have Louie there than Corey sorry mate.

Anyone want to make a bet than Jerome gets a run at 6 if Witty isn't up to it?

;-)

-Dr.J-

Juniors
YAY!

The haters society are gonna lose it *OH NO*

I think Jerome will play hooker. If he does I reckon he should start and Fein to the bench. Fein is better for impact, Jerome's a solid defender.

MKEB...

Staff member
Victor Meldrew said:
Hmm

One game of PL is enough to make it into Firsts

Mmmmkay Ivan.

I reckon that is a bit disaapointing really. One and a bit games in 10 weeks, and you are up to scratch...something is a bit askew there.

Iafeta

Referee
They are both international players.

If you look around the league, it's often one game max for the top players before they come back into grade. Dean Young this week comes back from no games I believe. They will play limited minutes, as have George Gatis and Corey Lawrie, and at the moment they are probably better players. Lawrie looks a bit lost in the Warriors attacking system at the moment, Georgie Gatis is a creative and solid player but Ropati deserves an opportunity being a Kiwis international.

ozbash

Referee
reputation boys.

those 2 certainly have plenty and ivan would have been waiting with arms open.

the ovation will be deafening..

Skram

Juniors
Martli said:
Probably sees this as a good opportunity to bring them back to FG.

Agreed, after the opening 6 games I figure Cleary looks at this one as a little bit of a let up in intensity. By chucking these two into the lineup he may also ensure a little bit of fight, I'm sure he'll tell J Ro and Louis that if they don't perform then they have others right there to take their place, competition for spots is always a good thing. All this said you gotta feel for Gatis & Lawrie, both had done nothing wrong.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
-Dr.J- said:
I think Jerome will play hooker.

JBro can play hooker, and suck my dick!!!

This is an absolute slap in the face to Gatis and Lawrie. JBro and Anderson come off an ass pounding by Norths, and they get a first grade call up. What the f**k???

I'm going to wait and see what happens with this one. Anderson may go alright, but I think most of you guys hype him up. He's nothing special in my books. He's not the ideal hooker and he gives away stupid penalties as if it were part of his M.O.

Having JBro on the bench could fire up Witt, so it may pay off. I'm prepared to give JBro a chance, depending on how he is used. He may go alright in the centres, when Mannering is moved into the 2nd row or benched.

We'll see what JBro 2007 has to offer, but if he even touches the ball as a 5/8, there is going to be hell!!!

AliN

Live Update Team
interesting...

Either he's giving these two a shot cos he thinks the Sharks are easy meat.. or they've performed well at training.
And will Louie play hooker when Fein needs a break? Hope not.
But then, can JRo?

I feel sorry for Gatis and Lawrie who have both worked hard.

Hatzy

Juniors
In other news Rapira moves back to the bench with Evarn starting. Same as last week as he was named to start but in the latest team release it says he will come off the bench.

I have been really impressed with him lately. Last year I didn't know if he could match it but he has really shown us something this year.