What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Sharks

Sanchez

Coach
on a different note i was very impressed by vatuveis hands last night. great takes on those bombs

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
AliN said:
pretty sad guys blaming our sh*t performance on one player sent to play out of position.

He's deemed a utility. He shouldn't really by accounts of his nrl experience and international chances to be playing 'out of position' as people keep saying.

I wouldn't say he was the only one to play badly everyone bar a couple of them had poor efforts. So he's not the only one but it seems his errors stand out the most.

ozbash

Referee
Sanchez said:
on a different note i was very impressed by vatuveis hands last night. great takes on those bombs

yea, even the kicks behind where he has to turn have taken a major improvement.

hope they keep bombing him.

AliN

Live Update Team
goddam Spinny, open your eyes for Christ's sake.
Solely blaming JRo for the loss last night is pretty immature.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm pretty sure she didn't......

I wouldn't say he was the only one to play badly everyone bar a couple of them had poor efforts. So he's not the only one but it seems his errors stand out the most.

AliN

Live Update Team
I get confused sometimes at what she's trying to say, she seems to go round in circles. :crazy:

byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
He's deemed a utility. He shouldn't really by accounts of his nrl experience and international chances to be playing 'out of position' as people keep saying.

Who's deemed him a utility Spinny? The official site names him as a centre/stand off.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Skinner said:
The majority of you folks are an abject pack of wankers. You are like sheep (or indeed
Lemmings).

Attempting to lay the blame on one player, out of position, and just coming back into the
team.......simply shows an inate lack of understanding of the game and of positional
selection errors.

Why not simply say; well done Sharkies. They deserved their win....scratch team or not.

Your team on the other hand, were crap

:x :x :x

If I was a Lemming, I'd be one of those Lemmings that you strap bombs to their chest, and I'd come and stand right beside you!!!

I've had just about enough of you, Super Mod. There's one thing good about someone preaching on their high horse, you can always push them off. Or use a cattle prod on the horse, that'd be funny too.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
And another thing, I'm going to jump on my even bigger horse, it's a Clydesdale or one of those huge prehistoric horses. I think some members here should stop attacking Spinny. You lot know who you are, you're like a pack of wolves.

Can't we all just... get along??? And hate Ropati.

ozbash said:
JRo-vsharks.jpg

I dont dare to think where that finger had been before only moments earlier ....

NZ Warrior

First Grade
ozbash said:

*Resisting urge to photoshop...*

I do feel sorry for Jerome. It must be so draining to have a bad game like that. We forget that he is still a young man, trying to find a place in the team. He shouldn't have been moved to fullback, he probably shouldn't have even been selected so early.

Players have sh*t games all the time. You just hope that they learn from the experience and lift themselves back up. They are all soldiers out there and take orders from generals, in the stands. Theirs is not to reason why.

I hope Jerome bounces back next week, in what ever position he plays. I know most of you think I'm a bit of a cutie. But, if you think that, you clearly don't have that great a sense of humour. At the end of the day, I just want the Warriors to do well.

Good luck Jerome Ropati, I salute you.

Love,

NZ Warrior
President of the Jerome Ropati Haters' Society.

i certainly dont doubt ropati has talent, you dont get selected for a NRL franchise and subsequently re-signed by being a sh*t player.

I also find it difficult to support people ripping into the selection policies of coaches. The vast majority of us don't get an inside look at the team training week in and week out, and as such, we don't have a f**king clue what some of these are capable of or pull out at training.

I think however with jerome his lack of confidence might be the thing holding him back from moving from a fringe first grader to a solid first grade preformer. Jerome is never going to be a superstar, but i believe he does have the natural ability to do a job for the warriors in the future if he can start to believe in himself.

Jerome had a shocker on saturday, but he was not the only one. I see no benefit in knocking ropatis condfidence even further by shoving him back to PL. Form is a temporary thing, and if he's as good as some people seem to think he is then he needs to be given a chance to show it.

Whether you like it or not we are stuck with him for the long term, so lets let the guy make a fist of things and lets see what he's got. And for gods sake the guy is not a utility, to be frank he's just not good enough to adjust each week to a new position. Lets pick him somewhere, whether it be 3, 6, or dummy and develop him there. If at the end of his contract it turns out he's not good enough then cut him lose and move on.

What is also not helping the development of these younger players we have on our books is the example being set by some of the older players in the squad.

For the sake of the warriors I hope he improves, god knows we need some of our attacking options in form.

wittyfan

Referee
ozbash said:
The 2 nd "mistake" was not of his doing, that sabotaging twitt, witt, raced in front of poor jerome and got between jro and a post and let the shark in.... tsk tsk.

Oh god.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
NZ Warrior said:
And another thing, I'm going to jump on my even bigger horse, it's a Clydesdale or one of those huge prehistoric horses. I think some members here should stop attacking Spinny. You lot know who you are, you're like a pack of wolves.

Can't we all just... get along??? And hate Ropati.

:) thanks NzWarrior

AuckMel

Bench
Can't blame Ropati solely, but bugger me dead, he made some major f/ups as the Sharks rolled over the top of us.

Martli

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Ropati is awful- be thankfull you bought a world class no6 in Michael Witt!

Another insightful comment from the league mastermind :roll: