What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Sharks

Rich102

Staff member
Wiki? Retire? Is there a world shortage of Kava? Have you heard something we haven't Ozbash?
Louie in for Lawrie - OK. Louie adds more on attack and it is good to see him back.
Is JRo a replacement for Gattis? Or is this a cunning plan to get more game time from Fien and have Jro as a utility back?
Either way it is a shame to see Georgie demoted. I thought he went OK last game.
Still - a fully fit squad means someone has to miss out.

-Dr.J-

Juniors
Sanchez said:
hes our third prop easily ahead of evarn imo

Hell no. I know people find it harder to get excited about a guy we've had for ages and is a bit older and not "coming through" as such.. But Evarn is way better than Rapira and is highly under appreciated.

Sanchez

Coach
now that lawrie has tasted first grade, i think he should either start or not play at all. makes little impact as a bench player

NZ Warrior

First Grade
A disgusting game by the Warriors. Uninspiring and ill-disciplined.

Here's my GORNE list after the judiciary have finished with them:-
Witt - lifting
Martin - lifting
Swann - Late charge
Wiki - High Tackle
Fien - Possibly a High tackle charge

Hopefully they don't all get charged, but I think we'll lose at least 3 players.

I'm going to get on my soap box once again and tell you all how much I hate Ropati. What a f**king disgrace, he should have been hooked after his first 2 mistakes. He was brought back way too early. And putting him at fullback??? That is just asking for trouble.

The Warriors really missed Gatis tonight. If you were watching the Lions match, you would see how valuable Gatis is in organising a team. The Warriors really missed that when Fien was off.

What the f**k was with all the grubber kicks??? You immediately saw when a bomb was put up, the Sharks weren't willing to go for it. And when we finally put up a bomb, what do you know, we scored a try.

A lot of dumb penalties caused the Warriors to make about 120 tackles more than the Sharks. If that isn't beating yourself with your own horse's whip, what is?

And just on an end note, f**k YOU TAULAPAPA!!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
NZ Warrior said:
A disgusting game by the Warriors. Uninspiring and ill-disciplined.

Here's my GORNE list after the judiciary have finished with them:-
Witt - lifting
Martin - lifting
Swann - Late charge
Wiki - High Tackle
Fien - Possibly a High tackle charge

Hopefully they don't all get charged, but I think we'll lose at least 3 players.

I'm going to get on my soap box once again and tell you all how much I hate Ropati. What a f**king disgrace, he should have been hooked after his first 2 mistakes. He was brought back way too early. And putting him at fullback??? That is just asking for trouble.

The Warriors really missed Gatis tonight. If you were watching the Lions match, you would see how valuable Gatis is in organising a team. The Warriors really missed that when Fien was off.

What the f**k was with all the grubber kicks??? You immediately saw when a bomb was put up, the Sharks weren't willing to go for it. And when we finally put up a bomb, what do you know, we scored a try.

A lot of dumb penalties caused the Warriors to make about 120 tackles more than the Sharks. If that isn't beating yourself with your own horse's whip, what is?

And just on an end note, f**k YOU TAULAPAPA!!!

Lawrie in for Anderson
Gatis in for J No.

I thought they were bad, bad changes and i was right.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Unfortunately Nzwarrior we will be seeing Ropo as 5/8 by the looks of it.

Ropati should be charged for being a useless f*ckwit. That's gotta be at least 6 weeks.

Unfortunately, that is exactly where this train is headed. Ropati to 5/8. And I gotta say, it really pisses me off. A player has to be punished for turning in a performance like that, but we are most likely to see Ropati given the #6 on a silver platter.

What have I done to you, God??? Why do you force me to live with Ropati in this existence??? I'd go to Church, if you made it a Monday!!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Inferno said:
I can't believe Gatis got dropped, I thought he'd been in great form.

Exactly.

I don't want to critisise Ivan, but his team this week was a real blunder.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Just doing the maths. If we lose Ah Van to injury and we lose Wiki, Swann, Witt, Martin to the judiciary. Here's what the team vs the Knights could look like...

1. Kirk
2. Byrne
3. Hohaia
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. ...... I can't even bring myself to say it
7. Rovelli
8. Rapira
9. Fien
10. Price
11. Anderson
12. Luck
13. Lawrie

Reserves: Tuimavave, Gatis, Lauaki, ???

Really do not know who'll get the final bench spot. I'd say Fai, but I know that isn't going to happen. I have a funny feeling Martin will be the most likely to get off being charged. So we could see Martin in the centres with Hohaia on the bench.

Either way it's going to be quite a mess. I think we'll be lucky if only 2 players get charged. Remembering the fact that 5 players were put on report (Witt, Martin, Wiki, Swann & Fien).

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Well there's one thing we know. Ropoti will f**k up every chance he gets. It's a given considering what I heard about his 'come back' performance.

AliN

Live Update Team
pretty sad guys blaming our sh*t performance on one player sent to play out of position.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
AliN said:
pretty sad guys blaming our sh*t performance on one player sent to play out of position.

Not at all. I point the blame at those guys claiming to be forwards...

ozbash

Referee
oh yes, JRo the whipping boy.....

from where i was sitting (and they were the best seats in the damned house !) jerome made only one blue, a mediocre fumble after a restart. not a hanging matter but i thought at the time that i knew some people who would want to see him hung, drawn and quarterd for his slight misdemeanor...

The 2 nd "mistake" was not of his doing, that sabotaging twitt, witt, raced in front of poor jerome and got between jro and a post and let the shark in.... tsk tsk.

had a word to the 'super 6' after the game and he apologised to me and after fighting back the tears, admitted he was a bit nervous playing out of position but i could expect greater things next week.

JRo-vsharks.jpg

Skinner

Coach
The majority of you folks are an abject pack of wankers. You are like sheep (or indeed
Lemmings).

Attempting to lay the blame on one player, out of position, and just coming back into the
team.......simply shows an inate lack of understanding of the game and of positional
selection errors.

Why not simply say; well done Sharkies. They deserved their win....scratch team or not.

Your team on the other hand, were crap

:x :x :x

Rich102

Staff member
Well done sharkies. They deserved the win. (How did the rest of it go?)
I watched the Lions game and thought Sonny Fai was worth a run and Gatis played well. Kirk played well also, but I am not sure how he would go in top grade.
On to the main game and I thought the Warriors looked flat - in fact they looked like the one's with the tough schedule.
Nobody really stood out but I thought Byrne tried above his weight. Why was Ah Van pulled? Was he injured?
Still looking for the good points:
Vatuvei's hands didn't let him down and ............
Nice try to Rapira.
Oh for a good kicker. Again we played for too long at our end of the field. Dykes really was the difference imho.
I also think slowmo is used far too often in replays. Fouls look far worse and you see a multiture of distracting things at try time.
Overall a dog of a game - the worst the Warriors have played this season and what's worse AT HOME against opposition they were expected to beat. Go figure!:(

LeagueNut

First Grade
I've gotta say - while I was pissed off with the loss, I didn't think the match was as bad as some of you are making out.

Sure we had discipline problems, but at the end of the day we only finished 2 points behind a team that simply had more desire than us on the night.

I can't point the finger at any one player who is responsible for the loss, although I did think it was the worst game that Rovelli has played in a while. But there's no way he let the team down on his own.

And hey, we're still likely to be 4th or 5th after this weekend - and that's a bloody good place to be if you're not playing well.

MKEB...

Staff member
I thought we got sucked into a one-up match. I cannot recall us using our backs once. When Kimmorly is out, of course the sharks are going to only play up the middle.

Got sick of Watching the sharks stay down to make sure the ref catches the penalty...FFS Bird looked a fugging cat when he tried to play hurt and the replays showed that Wiki missed him completely. Jaysus, it's not Italian soccer you know.

Iafeta

Referee
Skinner said:
The majority of you folks are an abject pack of wankers. You are like sheep (or indeed
Lemmings).

Attempting to lay the blame on one player, out of position, and just coming back into the
team.......simply shows an inate lack of understanding of the game and of positional
selection errors.

Why not simply say; well done Sharkies. They deserved their win....scratch team or not.

Your team on the other hand, were crap

:x :x :x

Agree wholeheartedly. The Sharkies were fantastic.

They are a very good club, and I can see big results for them this year as the season unfolds.