What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Sharks

Diesel

Referee
It appears to have been announced on Fox. Great just another loss where we'll get hammered by 20 -if we are lucky

Why do the Warriors have so much bad luck? And why aren't we the powerhouse we are supposed to be?

Alan Johnson

Juniors
I'm a bit weary of watching bloodbaths so might sit this game out; fairweather fan it for a couple of games perhaps. I just want weekends to be happy times again.

Illiterate

Juniors
The sharks are my second team so if the warriors are losing at half time I will just start going for the sharks.

TheDMC

Bench
I can also understand why Taylor would stay at 9 this week. For the simple reason that the Sharks pack is a quick, powerful pack, and will look to wear us down early in the middle. If Taylor can absorb that, Godinet can take advantage of some tired forwards later. As long as Godinet is getting 45-55 minutes out of the dummy half rotation, thats ok.

I'm tired of this argument, just a cliche rolled out time and time again. Just stick Godinet in at the start, fresh forwards or not. A dynamic hooker doesn't need 'tired' forwards to his job. Quick plays of the ball off line bending hit ups early in the game will open up running opps just as much as tired forwards later. See Isaak Luke last week? The last things we need is a tedious unimaginative start to the match...

No offence Iafeta, your unique mate, not a cliche

Meth

Staff member
Godinet is dynamic, but hardly a genuine hooker. He's a utility. There are definitely aspects of his game that could be exploited if he spent 80 minutes at 9

Iafeta

Referee
DMC, I wouldn't personally have picked Taylor there. But I can understand for the Sharks why its acceptable. When Friend is back though, I hope to hell Godinet is still the interchange utility, I don't know that Friend will go the full 80 for the first month or so. As in not personally picking Taylor there, I would have gone Mara at hooker and Godinet on the bench. Mara is also quite electric from dummy half and is a little bit more solid defensively early when the big lads are gassed up.

BTW, no offence taken. Happy for differences of opinion, thats what the forum's for really.

Diesel

Referee
Godinet is dynamic, but hardly a genuine hooker. He's a utility. There are definitely aspects of his game that could be exploited if he spent 80 minutes at 9

Do you think he is like a Hohoia type mould or PJ Marsh?

Latest posts