What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs the Tigs at Endeavour- Jesus is playing!

Weaponhead

Coach
The team looks set up to play a power game. Hope they play straight through the middle and man handle the Tigs. Go after them physically at high intensity.

Big chance for Tricky to run the team for 8 weeks. Hope he simplifies his game and doesn't chase big plays. He can push too hard when trying to make an impact. Do the basics well, drive the forwards, kick long and make your tackles.

DA and Kennedy focus on support play through the middle rather than trying to play around them.

The forwards need to aim up and dominate. Can't play sad because Hynes is out. Get the job done.

The team looks set up to play a power game. Hope they play straight through the middle and man handle the Tigs. Go after them physically at high intensity.

Big chance for Tricky to run the team for 8 weeks. Hope he simplifies his game and doesn't chase big plays. He can push too hard when trying to make an impact. Do the basics well, drive the forwards, kick long and make your tackles.

DA and Kennedy focus on support play through the middle rather than trying to play around them.

The forwards need to aim up and dominate. Can't play sad because Hynes is out. Get the job done.
Power game, they tried that and it fails.
I would be sledging Galvin basically just starting should be able to get under his skin, any good hooker would be on to that.
Tigers players will have to deal with a hostile sharks crowd, you would think or crowd will go to a level about what we got at Leichhardt

Weaponhead

Coach
Power game, they tried that and it fails.
I would be sledging Galvin basically just starting should be able to get under his skin, any good hooker would be on to that.
Tigers players will have to deal with a hostile sharks crowd, you would think or crowd will go to a level about what we got at Leichhardt
The power game is what they did in early part of the season when they were winning.

Inferno

Coach
Is Jack Williams injured? I like K's idea of dropping him this week but he wasn't picked for the Jets either.

Special K

Coach
For those complaining about Toby - we are facing Utoikamanu and Klemmer. Big deal? Well they are not the quality of the panthers front row but go back and look at that game and how JFH and Leota bullied Hazleton, Tuku, Hunt and Kaufusi. JFH walked over after 4 minutes.

Klemmer is an old hard head who will go after our props. Utoikamanu I am not fussed about but there are clubs looking to pay him 800-1m on the open market. They are not the quality of the panthers front row but go back and look at that game and how JFH and Leota bullied Hazleton, Tuku, Hunt and Kaufusi. JFH walked over after 4 minutes.

This isn't a knock on guys like Hazleton and Tuku but people are bagging the shit out of Hazo for being soft. The guy has logged way more NRL than the club expected from him this year. He isn't "busted" but he is 36 games into his NRL career playing longer minutes than ever before. We are supposed to be in a win now window and he can't be one of your best props at this stage. Tuku looks great in limited minutes but he is 13 games into his career and 10 of those have come this year. It is sending them to the lions.

If you take Toby out you are left with Hunt (20 minutes or so), Kaufusi - a tradie not an enforcer/metre eater, BHU on his first game back and Hazleton who is busted from being over exposed this year. Tuku being added into the mix can work if the team is confident and firing but it is not.

We pay Toby as a starter. He got dropped for his dog shit game and copped it internally. He now has to come out and fix it. A coach needs to get the most out of his players and this is what we need to do with Toby. On their best day Toby and BHU are the two best props at the club as well as the most experienced. They have played 4 games together this season and not started together once. The last game they started together was round 19 last year when we beat the Raiders 24-6. They played 11 times together last year. This is a huge f**king issue for us.

We often beat ourselves with dumb penalties and errors. The other way is teams bashing through our front door. We need to get Toby and BHU on the field together and firing. AFB can't get here soon enough.

Exactly.

Toby and Jack both play ~40 minutes a week.
Tuku plays ~10.
Where are we finding the missing 30?
Tuku plays a lot longer in Jets.
Hunt will start plays 20, bring him back on for last 15 he then has already increased his workload.
I am sure Tuku can get 20.
Jesse will play minutes
Toby maybe on the field for 40 but 20 of that is hands in hips bent over exhausted

chewsta

First Grade
Blows my mind that these "professional athletes" who train every day for a sport they have played all their lives, can look and be so unfit at times. Young blokes in the prime of their lives absolutely fugged and near dead after 10 minutes is ridiculous.

shaggs

Coach
Blows my mind that these "professional athletes" who train every day for a sport they have played all their lives, can look and be so unfit at times. Young blokes in the prime of their lives absolutely fugged and near dead after 10 minutes is ridiculous.
I’m a centre/winger and occasional fullback.

Last game I started in the centres and then through injury moved to the middle for 10 minutes,before playing the entire second half at fullback.
The physical demands on my cardio was entirely different for each role. The middle I was gassed after 2 minutes. If you are a 115kg prop I’d expect it to be even more difficult compared to my 85kg.

We can’t expect guys who are power athletes like hunt and tuku to get much more minutes than they do. Explosive short bursts very nfl like are suited to there body type.
I do expect better from guys like Toby who play at the same pace from minute 1-20.

I doubt we would have seen him if both Talakai and Williams weren't out.
If thats the case we are now carrying 4 middles JC has been playing there since returned if we lose a centre - backrower to cover or a backrower we have no coverage this week.
Billy Burns would have been a better selection on the bench for Rudolf.

Quigs

Immortal
Arhhhhh just bring it on. Nothing is going to surprise me.

I don't care who hits it up one out for the entire 70.

I don't care who drops the pill on the third ruck.

I don't care who has the most brain farts.

For we come here with no peaceful intent, but ready for battle, determined to avenge our wrongs and set our shire free.

I’m expecting this to be Iros last game for a few weeks.
I expect JC to prove he can play big minutes and help out our middle rotation along with Fitz realising we need Sifa back at Center.
They have been working on changing Sifa body shape, they would have to adjust again.
I would like to see them go Ronaldo centre Stonestreet wing.
Ronaldo more experienced now to play centre