What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Titans

Rebel

First Grade
Hurrel and Laumepe need to be the centres. Henry to second row, Taylor and Ropati to Vulcans.

Absolutely NO logic in Playing Ropati over Hurrell/Laumepe.

Diesel

Referee
Hurrell to the Vulcans is strange if its due to errors, but maybe it's a rotational type thing ME has going on. Perhaps younger FGers might have to spend a week in NSW Cup who knows.

Taylor and J-Ro can bugger off.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ropati got owned by Chambers and it wasn't because of brilliant back line play or bad defensive reads. It was a case of give Chambers the ball with some room and then watch him own Ropati.

I know Ropati is going to be cut some slack by the coaching staff because he's only just come back, but that performance screamed "more Vulcans time required" if ever I saw it.

Illiterate

Juniors
Ropatie needs more time in the vulcans. Manu has played like 2 games this year I would give him a week in the vulcans. I would have the warriors and vulcans back lines looking like this for this week
Vulcans
1 ropatie
3 tuimavave( if neilsen keeps getting injuried and hurrel doesn't come good we are going to need him to play centre in fg he is a much better option then secound rowers.
4 Taylor
5 Manu

Warriors
1 Locke
2 tupou
3 lauampe
4 hurrel
5 the fish

Micistm

Bench
Lol, this is the sort of team Bluey would send out and get slated for it

This is a game with an opposition completely depleted with injuries so we are expected to win...and we all know what 'Nek minnit' moment the Warriors do with games like that.

Would still expect them to win, but not shocked if they blow it. Gotta say the confidence is zero. A shame, because I thought they'd played fairly well the week before and just had to learn to make their effort the whole game. They're rewarded with changes for the worse IMO

MKEB...

Staff member
Ropatie needs more time in the vulcans. Manu has played like 2 games this year I would give him a week in the vulcans. I would have the warriors and vulcans back lines looking like this for this week
Vulcans
1 ropatie
3 tuimavave( if neilsen keeps getting injuried and hurrel doesn't come good we are going to need him to play centre in fg he is a much better option then secound rowers.
4 Taylor
5 Manu

Warriors
1 Locke
2 tupou
3 lauampe
4 hurrel
5 the fish

Have to disagree with the Tuimavave option. We have already tried converting too many people into centres. Benry has proven that he can fill the role capably, whereas I don't reckon that Tuimavave is big enough, and I think his defence is still suspect. I would rather have him as a ball playing fullback than centre any day.

Iafeta

Referee
I have been really impressed with Ngani's performances, plenty of intent/focus and pretty good all round.

However after the last game, I do believe it is the right thing to do - he needs to improve his positioning just a little and be quick laterally.
If he doesnt get put back in vulcans, then I hope he plays centre.

The warriors have done a good job on Laumape, no doubt.
He will just get better - to be honest I had seen him play before last year, but he didnt have a blockboster year in nyc last year.

did anybody see Parramatta's team. They have named like three debutants (all kiwis)?
Pehwairangi (replacing loko), Peni Terepo, Kaysa Pritchard

Exactly. I'm thrilled with how Ngani has gone. Who honestly here thought the lad would A) play first grade B) be very good at it. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me in NYC.

I don't think he's being punished as much as, as you rightly point out, there's a couple of small things that has been worked out, that needs ironing out. I suspect they're doing the same with Hurrell. Last year with Hurrell they'd play him 40 minutes, but he'd never go back a grade to dominate and iron out some of the small flaws.

Vulcans
1 ropatie
4 Taylor
5 Manu

Warriors
1 Locke
2 tupou
3 lauampe
4 hurrel
5 the fish

I like the thought of the Fish on the wing. I couldn't bring myself to watching the second half of the Eels game, and the other games he's played this year I thought he was quite good. He just needs half a yard of space and he could be very dominant. Maybe once Hurrell irons out his handling issues, it would be good to see Fish play outside him, as Hurrell can dominate his opposing centre, draw his wing and put his wing away. That's the type of centre that Fish could be exceptional outside of.

However I wouldn't put Tuimavave into centre. I know there was some discussion about it last year but I don't think it works to his strengths, and maximises his weaknesses. His weakness to me at the moment is he's a bit of a shirt grabber in defence. His strength to me is his passing ability, particularly long passing. I'd rather see him bringing defences up in the halves and setting us his outside backs with a bit of room off his passing. In other words, it'd be good if he just concentrates on five eighth, and if anything else, fullback.

In terms of Benry, I think he's solid enough as a centre.... as long as Elijah Taylor defends NOWHERE near him. I noticed on a number of occasions last year when it appeared Benry had made a bad read in the centres off a slide play that Taylor was either inside him, or two inside him, and as the rest of the team was sliding, had squared up and turned his shoulders in, allowing his man to get outside of him. The outside backs had to race in and got caught short from it.

Meth

Staff member
I fully expect us to win this game. If not, that's the season really

Penrose11

Juniors
If we're going to win then our pack will need to pull finger and play as a unit. Admittedly we weren't far off in our last start v storm. Titans are a solid pack but I can see us getting on top of them. Can't wait to see Matalino just smash Bird.

playdaball

Bench
I'm not going today ... 10 season tickets will be yellow today.

Too wet & too lazy. It's also nice and warm at home too. First time in about 10 years that haven't been apart from family or work committments.

Penrose11

Juniors
Hasnt actually rained during game yet. Just pre match. Suns out now so at least up to a sizzling 10º

Benek

Juniors
JRo completely useless so far. This surprises no one but Elliott. Please Vulcanize next week!

In other news if we cut out the stupid mistakes in last 10 of the half we'd be up by 20 points.

Mike0070

Juniors
Good to get the result , although ugly to watch at times - dumb errors and discipline still an issue..