What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Titans

Leber

Bench
In the words of Toovey: "Someones gotta be accountable for this" and Im gunna make that guy Montoya. Assuming CHT and Walker are back:

1 CNK
2 DWZ
3 Berry
4 Leiataua
5 RTS
6 TMM
7 SJ
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 Barnett
11 Ford
12 Capewell
13 Harris

14 CHT
15 Walker
16 Ale
17 Maiu'u

Meth

Staff member
Honestly, not sure where to go. I feel like they're committed to RTS at centre and Leiataua will only get a run if either RTS or Berry are injured. Maybe Pompey to the wing, which is uninspiring because he's slow. If Khan-Pereira gets around you, he's gone. I feel like Kosi is the option- has been on the extended bench for a while. Let's be honest, they're picking Montoya.

Speaking of hopeless situations, we've got two second rowers in the club who are 80 minute players and are both shit. Until Niukore is back, we may be stuck with both of them.

I'm assuming Walker is back, but Harris-Tavita isn't.

Anyway, I'll go-

1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Tuivasa-Sheck
5- Kosi
6- Martin
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Laban
12- Going
13- Harris

Res- Walker, Ale, Maiu'u, Roache

Meth

Staff member
Immediately, I know we're short on minutes, probably. But I can't bring myself to put Ford or Capewell on a team list right now

Meth

Staff member
Also, to be honest, will be a big ask to mark Fifita for a rookie, so maybe Capewell survives.

Leber

Bench
If CHT isn’t back I guess roache gets another run. But he is not good.

I wouldn’t be against starting ale and having afb off the bench. If ale can handle the first 20 and not get too gassed, afb can play the rest of the game with impact. Also it means him and Barnett wouldn’t be off the field at the same time.

Blair

Coach
I wouldn’t be against starting ale and having afb off the bench. If ale can handle the first 20 and not get too gassed, afb can play the rest of the game with impact. Also it means him and Barnett wouldn’t be off the field at the same time.

I know where you're coming from but it does risk taking us back to those controversial Cappy days (no pun intended) where we started games without Matulino, our best prop.

The vibe was never good about that.

01: CNK
02: DWZ
03: Berry
04: Leiataua
05: RTS
06: TMM
07: SJ
08: AFB
09: Egan
15: Ale
11: Ford
12: Laban
13: Tohu

14: Walker
10: Barnett
16: Maiu'u
17: CHT

18: Roache
19: Going

Last edited:

One Warrior

Bench
01: CNK
02: DWZ
03: Berry
04: Leiataua
05: RTS
06: TMM
07: SJ
08: AFB
09: Egan
15: Ale
11: Ford
12: Laban
13: Tohu

14: Walker
10: Barnett
16: Maiu'u
17: CHT

18: Roache
19: Going
I'd probably go with this, Montoya has to be dropped and I agree with RTS to the wing, Leiataua or Pompey to centre, go with the future, so go with Leiataua, debut Maiu'u, should of happened this week and hopefully Walker and CHT are good to go, Ford generally bounces back after a poor game.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't think it's time to jump at shadows...yet. I'd be completely OK with dropping Montoya, he's a 6.5/7 when he's playing well, and about a 2 when he isn't. And whilst I believe in Webby still, and he knows more than me, that bench on the weekend was absolutely mud.

But otherwise, I wouldn't be making any other changes. RTS needs more time at centre, he's only 5 games in. I still believe we'll build and get some momentum through the middle of the season.

I don't think it's time to jump at shadows...yet. I'd be completely OK with dropping Montoya, he's a 6.5/7 when he's playing well, and about a 2 when he isn't. And whilst I believe in Webby still, and he knows more than me, that bench on the weekend was absolutely mud.

But otherwise, I wouldn't be making any other changes. RTS needs more time at centre, he's only 5 games in. I still believe we'll build and get some momentum through the middle of the season.
Yea I agree. It was arguably the worst performance of the last 18mths but they're better than that. Maybe not as good as everyone has been saying they are, but still better than that abomination of a game. The guys that went out last time deserve a crack at (hopefully) showing it was a one-off.

JJ

Immortal
Doubt he'll change the team tbh, aside from injuries and people returning from injury - and ok with that, quite different from us losing each week and Kearney never making changes - they have a chance to play better again - not really sure what to make of them this year, hard to argue they've been good

Big Marn

Bench
wyatt raymond the ref. not sure how many games hes reffed in the nrl but hopefully the crowd can use that to our advantage.

Latest posts