What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2025 Changes I'd like to see.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Goalkicking (and field goal kicking) has been a season-defining issue since CHT took over, but at the same time I don't think you can plan for that. CHT was arguably our 5th choice kicker this year. SJ was #1, Metcalf was his back-up, Pompey kicks when he's in the team, and Tuaupiki kicks ahead of CHT when he makes the team (albeit clearly we are not going out of our way to select Tuaupiki to kick).

Also keep in mind that CHT wasn't even supposed to be in the starting line-up.

No team is making signings based on having a good 5th string kicker, that's just horrible luck.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Also I really don't think Tuaupiki is going to play wing or centre. I literally can't think of a single player like him in the whole comp who plays those positions. If you're a little bloke who can ball play a bit these days you play in the spine or nowhere. The only way a guy his size might play on the wing is if he had absolutely elite speed, which he doesn't (I can't even think of a comparable small speedster on the wing these days anyway, but maybe in the past).