What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team VS Warriors - Debuts Galore!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good luck to the Newbies, but if Mitchell can't get a crack ahead of Keating DA must have no opinion of him at all. Hpefully the boys have a crack thats all we can ask.

Eels Dude

Coach
well if allgood is the great player that everyone has been saying he is. heres the chance for him to prove himself to us. show us hes got the skills to make it into FG

Bit harsh that. You can't expect a front rower to have a ripper on his first grade debut. If he does, well great, but if he doesn't then that's not the be all and end all.

kanseki

Juniors
Bit harsh that. You can't expect a front rower to have a ripper on his first grade debut. If he does, well great, but if he doesn't then that's not the be all and end all.

well i expect dont him to go crazy. im just hoping he shows some glimmer of what hes capable of :D

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
well i expect dont him to go crazy. im just hoping he shows some glimmer of what hes capable of :D

Fair enough. What I mean is I wouldn't be surprised if (assuming he plays) DA will use him for only like 15 minutes in just a short stint just to give him that exposure to first grade.

lingard

Coach
I always wondered how Jeff Robson would go as a five-eight. Pity he hasn`t got a very good half-back to play with. Last year he spoon-fed Mortimer and made it all so easy for him. Wonder if Mortimer is up to repaying him?

yy_cheng

Coach
I always wondered how Jeff Robson would go as a five-eight. Pity he hasn`t got a very good half-back to play with. Last year he spoon-fed Mortimer and made it all so easy for him. Wonder if Mortimer is up to repaying him?

I've always said that Robson's execution is poor. But now I think Mortz is even worse.

At least Robson doesn't hog the ball and gives it to those who should get it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
As I expected, there was always going to be a few debuts in this game and DA's side has certainly failed to dissapoint.

* I'm not expecting us to score a try on sunday, I doubt that we even have a point in us.

* I'm actually not interested in winning this as i am in seeing how Paddy and Pele step up at a level that will be completely alien to them.

* I think Robo had to go back to the halves as little he offers he still offers it's still more than who ever was doing the job in the last few weeks.

* Pele is interesting selection, the guy has hands like feet and in the wet could cause more problems to us than he would to the opposition.

* it won't happen, but if we manage to jag a win than it would have to go down as one of the clubs all time greats under the circumstances.

footnote:

interested to see that Isaac John is playing half for the Warriors, ironically he spent a couple of years at our club...surprise! surprise!

Stagger eel

Staff member
well if allgood is the great player that everyone has been saying he is. heres the chance for him to prove himself to us. show us hes got the skills to make it into FG

gee I must of missed the bit about Allgood being great...

goodluck to him if he gets a run but I wouldn't expect the world from him.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Couple of interesting things there:

Firstly NO DOUBT Robson is playing halfback in this game - even though being named at 6. He and Mortimer have gone back to the roles they played at the end of last year.

Oake will not start over Horo - he'll be off the bench in the 'reserve prop' rotation.

Why is there no #18 named? Is Poore half a chance?

Can't wait to see Pele and O'Hanlon play - hopefully they get many more minutes than Oake...

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't think your cutting Oake enough slack tbh, I think we need him on the field as long as possible as his workrate will outshine both O'Hanlon and Pele.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
I hope Pele and Allgood get a run.
They looked great in the Perth trial and I thought they'd have played 1st grade before now. I know a trial is just that, a trial, but you can still get a good reading on a players ability. Humble played well in the trial too but Pele and Allgood stood out a bit more.

Iafeta

Referee
As I expected, there was always going to be a few debuts in this game and DA's side has certainly failed to dissapoint.

* I'm not expecting us to score a try on sunday, I doubt that we even have a point in us.

* I'm actually not interested in winning this as i am in seeing how Paddy and Pele step up at a level that will be completely alien to them.

* I think Robo had to go back to the halves as little he offers he still offers it's still more than who ever was doing the job in the last few weeks.

* Pele is interesting selection, the guy has hands like feet and in the wet could cause more problems to us than he would to the opposition.

* it won't happen, but if we manage to jag a win than it would have to go down as one of the clubs all time greats under the circumstances.

footnote:

interested to see that Isaac John is playing half for the Warriors, ironically he spent a couple of years at our club...surprise! surprise!

Are you sure about that? He went from Waicoa Bay to the Warriors.

hindy111

Post Whore
Id like to see le tamari get a run-Not sure how he has been playing in wenty but realy thought he looked the good at the dogs

oldmancraigy

Coach
I don't think your cutting Oake enough slack tbh, I think we need him on the field as long as possible as his workrate will outshine both O'Hanlon and Pele.

Yeah - but he's 93kgs and is ALWAYS pretty ineffective in the top grade.

He gets buffeted by the bigger guys and looks physically outmatched in most of his first grade appearances to date.