What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team VS Warriors - Debuts Galore!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yeah - but he's 93kgs and is ALWAYS pretty ineffective in the top grade.

He gets buffeted by the bigger guys and looks physically outmatched in most of his first grade appearances to date.

i agree old man....Oake has been very below par to date in FG

look, he'll never bend a line to save his life but he'll notch up 30 or 40 tackles if we need him to and when you're in a side like the one that was chosen, it's a pretty valueble asset.

Joely01

Bench
Couple of interesting things there:

Firstly NO DOUBT Robson is playing halfback in this game - even though being named at 6. He and Mortimer have gone back to the roles they played at the end of last year.

Oake will not start over Horo - he'll be off the bench in the 'reserve prop' rotation.

Why is there no #18 named? Is Poore half a chance?

Can't wait to see Pele and O'Hanlon play - hopefully they get many more minutes than Oake...
We havent been picking a 18th man for a while, i think ever since oscar passed away..... not 100% sure on the reason

Fathead

Bench
I see that Ando still has Morts at half... he just cant seem to want to admit that morts is a 5/8 !!!! When will he finally see the truth or is he going to ride this all the way?

bartman

Immortal
Wow. A few changes!

I guess if Jarryd's out for rep duty it's a chance to try Humble in his other position in the top grade (now that he's had a few games under his belt).

And if you move Humble from five-eighth last week, then the next best option to put alongside Mortz and provide some momentum is Robson. And if you're going to move Robson from hooker, then it makes sense to bring Matt Keating back (Anthony Mitchell is obviously not rated as highly as he is by some forumites).

And if Mannah and Smith are out of the forwards, then Oake deserves the run on spot as Horo goes well in his current role, and O'Hanlon and Peletelese get to fight out who's next in the pecking order. Allgood and the new buy also being given the reward/incentive of being named and considered.

Let's hope it adds some more energy to the side.... you know things are desperate when you get a members email "from the CEO" :lol:

Wonder what happened to Poore? *Ah, just read Gronk's post about Poore's foot.*

Last edited:

Fathead

Bench
Firstly NO DOUBT Robson is playing halfback in this game - even though being named at 6. He and Mortimer have gone back to the roles they played at the end of last year.

Well why cant Ando just stop this trial and man up to the fact that Morts is no halfback ? Why name him at half if he and Robson will be swapping ??
Look I like ando but when is he going to give this up ?????

yy_cheng

Coach
Wow. A few changes!

I guess if Jarryd's out for rep duty it's a chance to try Humble in his other position in the top grade (now that he's had a few games under his belt).

And if you move Humble from five-eighth last week, then the next best option to put alongside Mortz and provide some momentum is Robson. And if you're going to move Robson from hooker, then it makes sense to bring Matt Keating back (Anthony Mitchell is obviously not rated as highly as he is by some forumites).

Unless Humble has definitely lossed the 6, why play him at 1?

Give him another go at 6 without Hayne there. He would probably take more responsibility.

When Hayne returns, does Robbo move back to 9 and KK or Humble to 6?

So say Robbo kills it at 6 then KK or Humble will be at wenty when Hayne returns.

I still think it should be

1. Burt
2. ETU
6. Humble
7. Mortz
9. Robbo
14. KK

I actually prefer

6. KK
7. Humble
9. Robbo
14. Mortz

but that won't happen

Eels Dude

Coach
We havent been picking a 18th man for a while, i think ever since oscar passed away..... not 100% sure on the reason

I'm pretty sure Inu has always been named on an extended bench every occasion this year our preferred back 5 have been available. I always assumed the reason why the number 18 jersey wasn't used was because they get them done in bulk and it's too small to fit a prop.

andrew057

First Grade
This team looks like some sort of sick joke. If Mortimer some how gets a start over Kris I will cry,

Joely01

Bench
I'm pretty sure Inu has always been named on an extended bench every occasion this year our preferred back 5 have been available. I always assumed the reason why the number 18 jersey wasn't used was because they get them done in bulk and it's too small to fit a prop.
You are probably correct, i just thought inu would wear the 19. I wasnt sure but thought it was due to oscar we werent using the 18 jersey

Parraren

Bench
Ando seems to be making the same mistake with Mortimer as NSW is/was with Gidley; building the side around the wrong guy....

Sometimes you've just got to admit you've made a blunder and move on.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ando seems to be making the same mistake with Mortimer as NSW is/was with Gidley; building the side around the wrong guy....

that's a bit harsh on Gidley, he's a very good footballer when he's on.

Fathead

Bench

He is a bloody stubbon bugger thats for sure! he has well and truly stuck his neck out and declared that Morts is the halfback and he will not change his mind !

Eels Dude

Coach
You are probably correct, i just thought inu would wear the 19. I wasnt sure but thought it was due to oscar we werent using the 18 jersey

You're probably correct mate, that was just my assumption. Inu always is named in the number 19 on an extented bench. I don't think Ando used the number 18 jersey last year either so would be interesting if someone more in the knoe could clarify if they knew why.

Bazal

Post Whore
Crazy team...I understand we're in a crappy situation through injuries and Origin...but I can't fathom some of the selections (and it's not a shot at Ando, he obviously thinks in a different way to me).

Robson back to the halves...ok, fair enough but KK isn't the one who deserves a benching...

O'Hanlon and Allgood getting a run...very talented kids, sure, but maybe someone with some more experience? Taniela Lasalo for example.

No Mitchell...he'd have been my next debut and I'd have been 100% sure to give him a run if guys like O'Hanlon were getting a look in. I'd probably even pick him over Mortimer at this stage

The starting forward pack is still pretty good, if we rotate things right we should be able to match NZ for most of the game....

oldmancraigy

Coach
I see that Ando still has Morts at half... he just cant seem to want to admit that morts is a 5/8 !!!! When will he finally see the truth or is he going to ride this all the way?

I think Robson will play halfback against the Warriors - it's just the numbers they've been named in.

oldmancraigy

Coach
This team looks like some sort of sick joke. If Mortimer some how gets a start over Kris I will cry,

Kris Keating you mean?

He's been pretty awful in his own way for the lat 5-6 weeks.

Just runs himself and never looks to do anything for anyone else (enjoy it Dogs).
Mortimer looks hesitant and uncertain all the time - but at least it seems like he's trying to play within a structure.