What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Warriors

eel speel

Juniors
He's not playing halfback, Norman is.

Prior to yesterday we played with split halves, with Norman and Sandow getting roughly even number of touches (about 50 each). Yesterday Norman handled the ball 70 times to Kelly's 48, and 10 of those were kicks (Norman kicked five times).

Kelly is very much in the team to play the supporting half role. All he needs to do better than Sandow is tackle. Plus he's better at kicking short.

No team in the NRL has both halves dominate the stats. One has to be more of a lead than the other.

Gronk

Staff member
So has the NRL said anything about the 2 on 1 strip that resulted in the Warriors kicking their FG ?

Gronk

Staff member
I'm watching the replay of Saturday's game right now. Up to 18th minute. We haven't been too bad at all. Must be about to implode.

I thought we played pretty good. IF only we converted one try we'd be winners.

The tone of this site post game was unjust IMHO.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And their two tries were long range. While kicking killed us, we probably bombed 1-2 tries in the first half we could have got.

Semi could have had a 3-4 tries, if he was on his game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Yeah everyone on here should have been peachy after yet another loss and last spot on the ladder........

Oh, I understand why people are upset, and we all respond differently to disatisfying results. And it is very different watching a game in replay when you already know the result.

Observations of first half: Our poor completion rate stats obviously derived largely from errors late in the tackle count (e.g. Peats on the last tackle after regathering kick etc), or in the red zone. I once more don't get why Robinson is the focus of people's ire (maybe he's about to do something dumb in 2nd half), his one kick return involved a cross-field run, shimy, and partial break which made a good 10 yards. Took the bomb quite well.

Chipmunk

Coach

The Warriors had key players out, their key forward injured and out of the game after 3 mins, down to 15 players for the last 60 mins, appeared heavily fatigued in the second half and had zero momentum for the entire second half.

It was a game that Parra should have run in at least 6 tries in the second half.

If we cannot beat that Warriors team, given the overall circumstances of the match, we will struggle to win too many games at all.

forward pass

Coach

I agree with the second part. It was over the top.

But the first part - you don't know that for sure. Warriors would not have kicked the FG and gone for the try instead. who knows....

Gronk

Staff member
The Warriors had key players out, their key forward injured and out of the game after 3 mins, down to 15 players for the last 60 mins, appeared heavily fatigued in the second half and had zero momentum for the entire second half.

It was a game that Parra should have run in at least 6 tries in the second half.

If we cannot beat that Warriors team, given the overall circumstances of the match, we will struggle to win too many games at all.

That's why they are top 8 and we're not. I was happy that we competed and only just missed out on the chocolates.

IFR33K

Coach
That's why they are top 8 and we're not. I was happy that we competed and only just missed out on the chocolates.

We played more direct and blew our chance. Yes I'm upset we lost but hopefully we can build on that effort.

Oh, I understand why people are upset, and we all respond differently to disatisfying results. And it is very different watching a game in replay when you already know the result.

Observations of first half: Our poor completion rate stats obviously derived largely from errors late in the tackle count (e.g. Peats on the last tackle after regathering kick etc), or in the red zone. I once more don't get why Robinson is the focus of people's ire (maybe he's about to do something dumb in 2nd half), his one kick return involved a cross-field run, shimy, and partial break which made a good 10 yards. Took the bomb quite well.

And I've just watched the 2nd half and have little different to add. We were solid enough, we actually looked vaguely organised at times. From all the Sandow discussion I thought Kelly must have really sucked in this game. He was solid, and the blokes outside him actually seemed to know what was going on (with the exception of when passed the ball into Pauli's arse). Yes, the Warriors were down on players, as were we.

Semi made some unfortunate choices and errors....just not one of his days.

Pauli was v.good in 2nd half.

How was the strip Baz?
Lead directly to their FG didnt it??

I thought Semi also bombed a sitter

Probably a strip I reckon, but not 100% sure and not a terrible decision. Could have gone either way, and if you don't see the strip live it's hard to call it. And yes, it lead to their FG (they got 7 tackles as the first was deemed a zero tackle).

Yeh, not Semi's best day.

IFR33K

Coach
And I've just watched the 2nd half and have little different to add. We were solid enough, we actually looked vaguely organised at times. From all the Sandow discussion I thought Kelly must have really sucked in this game. He was solid, and the blokes outside him actually seemed to know what was going on (with the exception of when passed the ball into Pauli's arse). Yes, the Warriors were down on players, as were we.

Semi made some unfortunate choices and errors....just not one of his days.

Pauli was v.good in 2nd half.

My thoughts too. Goal kicking aside, kelly was solid.

Chipmunk

Coach

Warriors aren't top 8. They're borderline just better than a bottom 4 team. Just because you have a lot of good players doesn't make you a Top 8 team.

Gronk

Staff member
Warriors aren't top 8. They're borderline just better than a bottom 4 team. Just because you have a lot of good players doesn't make you a Top 8 team.

Yes they are Top 8 and will cruise into the semis IMHO.

Latest posts