What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Warriors

Chipmunk

Coach
I think he is not worrying about it yet as he is trying to build a culture where the players take responsibility first. I am sure he talks to the refs about decisions (like the report on the Tigers try, when he got the refs to agree it wasn't a try) behind the scenes rather then using the media.

If we get get into serious top 8 or top 4 contention, he blow up more

That's a pretty big If.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think he is not worrying about it yet as he is trying to build a culture where the players take responsibility first. I am sure he talks to the refs about decisions (like the report on the Tigers try, when he got the refs to agree it wasn't a try) behind the scenes rather then using the media.

If we get get into serious top 8 or top 4 contention, he blow up more

Perhaps you're right.

Chipmunk

Coach
And if we have Kelly as half back for the next 14 games we will definitely reclaim the coveted spoon.

I don't think Sandow should have ever have been dropped for Kelly. This is my argument. You don't replace a player with someone of less quality.

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Depends how you define quality?

Sandow has been slaughtering us with his play this year. Kelly is no frills, but was about the same net value to the team yesterday. Sandow wont learn and hopefully isnt back.

Just move Norman to 7 now and put Matterson in there.

yy_cheng

Coach

Sandow has been slaughtering us with his play this year. Kelly is no frills, but was about the same net value to the team yesterday. Sandow wont learn and hopefully isnt back.

If it is NOrman and Foran next year, which one will be the first receiver?

If it is Norman, then get him in their this year for practice.

I understand that in the modern game there is a left half and a right half and the 1 comes in as your second receiver.

However, we dont have a 1 that plays like that yet so unless

Seph goes into 1st receiver or Peats with IDG at hooker.

keitel

Juniors

Gus Gould just made the point that Sandows style cuts some players out of the game where as with Kelly others are involved. Arthur wants everyone involved

The Engineers Room

First Grade
After last week I came away thinking that our team was slow...between the ears...and nothing has changed that opinion. Sandow is sometimes a really dumb footballer but he is not alone in the team.

The whole team lacks direction but individuals in the team just don't seem to understand what to do.

Chipmunk

Coach

If the decision is that Sandow never plays NRL again, then I'm all for the decision. Punt him and move one.

But that won't be the case and I don't think it ever was the plan. Sandow will be back in the team in a couple of weeks and he will have changed nothing.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well if sandow wants to revive his career, he better pull his finger out.

If BA wants Sandow to change it will mean that he will have to get rid of all the habits that he has developed his entire NRL career and play a game that he cannot naturally play. I don't think Sandow is capable of this. He is what he is and will generally always will be.

In the grand scheme of things he was generally no better or worse or played differently last year than what he has been this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And if we have Kelly as half back for the next 14 games we will definitely reclaim the coveted spoon.

He's not playing halfback, Norman is.

Prior to yesterday we played with split halves, with Norman and Sandow getting roughly even number of touches (about 50 each). Yesterday Norman handled the ball 70 times to Kelly's 48, and 10 of those were kicks (Norman kicked five times).

Kelly is very much in the team to play the supporting half role. All he needs to do better than Sandow is tackle. Plus he's better at kicking short.

Eelogical

Referee
I was sitting in the Royal Hotel at Oberon when the game was on. I caught the last 10 minutes plus extra time during a social event (piss up). Were we that bad in the first half?

I was sitting in the Royal Hotel at Oberon when the game was on. I caught the last 10 minutes plus extra time during a social event (piss up). Were we that bad in the first half?
Yep, lucky to be only down by 12. we had 18 sets and only completed 8 of them.

Latest posts