What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teamlist Tuesday - Rnd 20 Vs Roosters | Thursday 29 July @ Mackay

Gronk

Staff member
Not a fan of Dill Smith at all, but at least he is psychically up to the rigors of first grade.

Put him at 6 and get him to make his tackles and get him to do Browns role. If Brown isn’t a better option at 7 I’m an astronaut.

This mentality of protected a limited coach no matter what and that he’s the best option we could have is absolutely laughable and shows the low standard of the club and the majority if it’s fans.

qbDlp8.gif

emjaycee

Coach
yeah young blokes like dylan brown and reed mahoney never get a game
I think it is pretty well known and accepted that our junior ranks when BA started here in 2014 were pretty shit, if not non-existent, and there weren't many options to pick from.

Since 2018 however we have given 14 players their NRL debuts and all of these were 21 or under when they debuted.
Notable exceptions being Sivo and Davey (who?).

Player NumberNameDebut YearDebut Age
794Reed Mahoney201820
795Jaemon Salmon201819
796Oregan Kaufusi201818
797Ray Stone201821
798Maika Sivo201925
800Dylan Brown201918
802Ethan Parry201920
807Stefano Utoikamanu202020
808Andrew Davey202029
809Haze Dunster202021
814Wiremu Greg202121
815Jake Arthur202118
817Sean Russell202119
819Will Penisini202118

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hardly a flop flop gif boy, I don’t rate Smith at all. But I do think he’d be a better option than Son of Bea. He’s defended in the middle so could handle a defensive spot so much better and let’s face it he couldn’t be any worse in attack. Brown should of been given the keys to the side, but his coach has no faith in him at all.

He’s the best junior to come through as system since has its embarrassing how poorly his game has developed under this coach and his staff. If I was managing Brown I’d be trying to get him away from Bea and co ASAP.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Hardly a flop flop gif boy, I don’t rate Smith at all. But I do think he’d be a better option than Son of Bea. He’s defended in the middle so could handle a defensive spot so much better and let’s face it he couldn’t be any worse in attack. Brown should of been given the keys to the side, but his coach has no faith in him at all.

He’s the best junior to come through as system since has its embarrassing how poorly his game has developed under this coach and his staff. If I was managing Brown I’d be trying to get him away from Bea and co ASAP.
At this rate, Brown might be the best pillar in the anti-BA camp. I have never understood when coaches start hating players, maybe there's things that BA see we don't but I don't get what he's got against Cartwright and Brown.

Cartwright is on a 1 year deal right? So he only has the remaining games plus the finals to show before he's gone?

TheRam

Coach
His defence is atrocious. Far too light for first grade. He has the strength of a 14 year old girl. He also offers nothing in attack. Slow and predictable. He is only getting picked because he is the coach's son.

JWH is going to love Jake's melon by the end of this game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And Brown also only got a go because there was no one else once Borey got punted
You might remember we wanted to punt either of Moses or Norman. Dylan Brown would've been the reason. He played some reserve grade the year prior and was far too good at that level.

TheRam

Coach
I don’t think anyone is saying JArthur is a bad player but it’s clear that physically and skill wise he’s just not ready. He was poor defensively last week and offered nothing in attack. Will Smith could do a better job for a week or two.

Or put Sean Russell at fullback and move Gutho to the halves. It sounds like a much more solid option that will probably give us more strike too. But hey what would I know?

TheRam

Coach
Remember people this is a team that plays at speed with many moving parts coming at you all at once. Something we don't seem to know how to grasp.

TheRam

Coach
At this rate, Brown might be the best pillar in the anti-BA camp. I have never understood when coaches start hating players, maybe there's things that BA see we don't but I don't get what he's got against Cartwright and Brown.

Cartwright is on a 1 year deal right? So he only has the remaining games plus the finals to show before he's gone?

It has been reported that he is in negotiations for a new contract right now. It should be announced very soon that we have re-signed him and will be staying at the club.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I think we are close to announcing Cartwright for 2 years.

Maybe not picking him in some games was a test to see his attitude, and what he does to get back in the 17?

TheRam

Coach
And yet we are favourites.

Of course we are. We don't have all the injuries that they do and we are ahead of them on the ladder. Two major considerations when assessing game outcomes.

But if we play like we did against the Raiders, we will struggle to win and actually I would expect that the Roosters being more creative and a superior running game then the Raiders had last week will probably beat us even more convincingly then the Raiders did.

If we can't run over the top of them, then the Roosters will beat us with a better attacking game then we can offer without Moses in the team to do his thing. This team is so predictable, who needs the stars, you could set your the course of Tedesco's boat by it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No that would be by your simpleton logic.

What it actually means is that right now, us being favourites actually means FA.
Yep, I’ll be betting against us every game Moses is out. 2.50 is a steal. 8.50 for 13+, Throw in Chrighton for 2 tries and I can go on a holidays thanks to BA and the Eels.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You might remember we wanted to punt either of Moses or Norman. Dylan Brown would've been the reason. He played some reserve grade the year prior and was far too good at that level.
One of them had to go, they both wanted to run the side and it didn’t work. I’m sure having Brown at the club made the decision easier.