What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for this week Round 9

The Colonel

Immortal
Jodeci said:
What I dont get is, Luke O'Dwyer is on the extended bench for first grade, he hasn't played for the last 3 weeks. So why does he did mentioned on the bench?

Inu, Wagon and Ben Smith are injured. Reddy is playing centre in reggies and Tony Parmatangi is only new to the club. With Tahu playing wing on Friday night O'Dwyer would be covering him in the centres - there really isn't anyone else.

Nickeel

Juniors
The Colonel said:
The softly, softly approach. Playing first grade in the backs is a different kettle of fish to the forwards. He'll no doubt get his chance again and soon. While we may not like it - long term its probably better for him.

True, but there's a point where you have to let go - let the young guys have a chance. I agree with Suity that he was one of our best against Newcastle. Why not run with that? I am all for nurturing players and easing them in, but there comes a time when you have to allow the young gun a chance at the expense of an older head - it might spark both players. But what do I know? I'm just rambling. :lol:

The Colonel said:
If Cayless doesn't play Robinson could play prop with Riddell slotting into the backrow - who knows. Jeremy may even miss out.

That was one of my initial takes on the team named. I hope no-one misses out, but it's a big ask to play a Test then fly back to Sydney for the early game. Let's hope any omissions are purely through tiredness from the night before and not injury. :pray:

Nick

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Suitman said:
What a bench!!!!

I agree on Cordoba though.
One of our best against Newcastle in Rd 1 AND NOT SEEN SINCE????

Suity

he played in rnd 2 as well... i think the problem is that, as you put it, he wasn't really seen in that match, a bit like Taia's second match. Then again, I think he was playing with an injury. If Caylo can't back up, it would be good to see Cordoba promoted.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm glad Jeremy is still there as well as Morris at Hooker.

I thought that we lossed alot of spark once Morris was subbed. He was doing really well and for mine, piggy should've gone to the back row instead.

The Colonel

Immortal
Nickeel said:
True, but there's a point where you have to let go - let the young guys have a chance. I agree with Suity that he was one of our best against Newcastle. Why not run with that? I am all for nurturing players and easing them in, but there comes a time when you have to allow the young gun a chance at the expense of an older head - it might spark both players. But what do I know? I'm just rambling. :lol:

A couple of wins under the belt and it may be a better time. At the moment the older players would hopefully weather the storm a little better than some younger players in terms of media etc. He was one of the better players against Newie but his second game, interrupted by injury, wasn't too good. Get some confidence in the team and then these younger kids have a bit less to deal with when they do get the chance.

strider

Post Whore
i don't mean to be critical .... but please brian, give john williams a turn in NRL

actually when i watched the reply i thought petersen did ok on the weekend - apart from the one major brain explosion to try and take a slips catch right near the end which resulted in a line dropout and hence manly scoring hte winning field goal

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
Benny Smith has his foot out of his cast and is walking freely, word is that his absolutely pumped and ready to rip in.

my guess is that he'll be back against Canterbury.

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel Reddy in the No 4 doesn't look right

Kornstar

Coach
After Riddell's performance on Sunday i would like to see him either in P/L for a week or 2 as he looks unfit (my cousin came with me to the SCG and she has never been to the footy and when Ridell ran on she said, "who is that fat boy", "he is fat") or i would like to see him play in the second row as i would really like to see how PJ and Morris go togther, i think potentially they could destroy the Raiders.......

The Colonel

Immortal
Cayless will be the 19th man for the Kiwis game at this stage. Steve Matai is cover for the backs.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
eelavation said:
Benny Smith has his foot out of his cast and is walking freely, word is that his absolutely pumped and ready to rip in.

my guess is that he'll be back against Canterbury.

No you idiot!! ](*,) Don' come back the week AFTER city/country!! ](*,) come back the week BEFORE!!! ](*,)

:cry:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Hellsy said:
Joel Reddy in the No 4 doesn't look right

He struggled a bit last week in PL, but I dunno how Burt is better. I think it was Burt who moved back to fullback and had Joel Reddy playing on the wing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
He struggled a bit last week in PL, but I dunno how Burt is better. I think it was Burt who moved back to fullback and had Joel Reddy playing on the wing.

Joel actually played centre on sunday and five-eight the week before.

Williams not being in the team is a disgrace!!

PJ needs to be in the team somewhere but so does Riddell and Moriss so....who knows. Im Thinking Cayless may not back up With Stringer Starting and Riddell playing as a forward.

Hellsy

Immortal
JessEel said:
No you idiot!! ](*,) Don' come back the week AFTER city/country!! ](*,) come back the week BEFORE!!! ](*,)

:cry:

Silly Benny boy, next year Jess

parra pete

Referee
Of the wingers v Manly, Eric Grothe jnr was worse than Matt Petersen...and I have no big wrap for Sideshow. He, like Wade McKinnon, is a 'split personality'. Does some good things, but is 'heart in the mouth stuff'.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i have no issues with the side except riddell looks very unfit! and a stint in PL wouldnt get any complaints from me!
john morris has looked good at hooker!

Avenger

Immortal
parra pete said:
Of the wingers v Manly, Eric Grothe jnr was worse than Matt Petersen...and I have no big wrap for Sideshow. He, like Wade McKinnon, is a 'split personality'. Does some good things, but is 'heart in the mouth stuff'.

Based solely on the Manly game, I agree.