What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for this week Round 9

Stagger eel

Staff member
Also, when a figure is bandied around in the media, it's usually what the contract is worth with bonuses, including the amount of first grade and rep matches they have to play to get that figure.

Much was reported about the amount he signed for especially from our mate Roy Hardley but what's not reported are the finer details of bonuses in the contract.

that's my opinion anyway.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bottom line is, he gets jack sh*t for playing in premmy league

Kornstar

Coach
It is the same with Riddell, IF he played reps and won a GF with us, he could potentially get like $400,000 or something ridiculous like that. Seeing as he has done neither he is probably getting in the high 200's or early 300's.

I think Tahu had the same sort of deal too.....

jayman

Juniors
fair enough.. wasnt sure how much he got playing premmies etc...

did seem like alot of money..didnt know whether if it was true or not... that was the figure i heard but...

Avenger

Immortal
When Daniel Wagon left his monthly pay packet at the Intersection Club and it then published in the media his contract was worked out at about $150,000 per year.

Just a guide.

Avenger

Immortal
Kornstar said:
It is the same with Riddell, IF he played reps and won a GF with us, he could potentially get like $400,000 or something ridiculous like that. Seeing as he has done neither he is probably getting in the high 200's or early 300's.

I think Tahu had the same sort of deal too.....

Tahu would just need to maintain State and Australian representation to get his maximum.

He has been in my opinion our best return from the signings from 2004. If anything he is an even better player now.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Twizzle said:
bottom line is, he gets jack sh*t for playing in premmy league

Actually you're wrong

due to Cannings being within the Eels top 25 his contract amount will count regardless of where or when he plays.

Some like Hayne who is outside the top 25 would only count if he played 1st grade tho and even then there are conditions and what not

Freak2

Juniors
I can't see Fuifui playing this week.
Even though it is a home game. I dare say BS will go with a few players that can play long periods rather than impact players.

Parra Guru

Coach
Reps or not, Riddell isn't worth that much for the amount of time he spends on the field, or lack there of

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
Reps or not, Riddell isn't worth that much for the amount of time he spends on the field, or lack there of

Problem is, that's what you have to pay to get a player of his calibre here in the first place.

I've got no problem with what Riddell is on.
I think he'll shine more under Hagan's coaching next year anyway.
Smith seems to be struggling to get the best out of the boys this year.

Suity

Utey

Coach
Freak2 said:
I can't see Fuifui playing this week.
Even though it is a home game. I dare say BS will go with a few players that can play long periods rather than impact players.

pphff you cant deny the big fella. All his game time was quality.

Utey

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
didn't Fui play like 30 mins straight 1st game back?

Ive never seen him play so many minutes. His tackling technique has changes ten fold.

Parra Guru

Coach
Suitman said:
Problem is, that's what you have to pay to get a player of his calibre here in the first place.

I've got no problem with what Riddell is on.
I think he'll shine more under Hagan's coaching next year anyway.
Smith seems to be struggling to get the best out of the boys this year.

Suity

I see what you mean. Would you up his pay though?

yy_cheng

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
didn't Fui play like 30 mins straight 1st game back?

I thought he played the last 20mins in the 1st half and the 1st 20 mins in the 2nd half against the tiges

Hurriflatch

Referee
well thats 2x20 mins shifts or 1 40 min shift depending on how you look at it

either way Fui's fitness isn't an issue in his selection he might actually be one of the fitter forwards

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
I see what you mean. Would you up his pay though?

No, not at all.
If he wants to go elsewhere for more money, so be it.

Nobody is irriplacable.

Suity

Freak2

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
well thats 2x20 mins shifts or 1 40 min shift depending on how you look at it

either way Fui's fitness isn't an issue in his selection he might actually be one of the fitter forwards

No issue when you have 2 80 minute backrowers and a 50-60 minute rower.

But with both Cayless and Hindmarsh backing up (Hopefully) I think Smithy might go with Peek and Ody.

If one of them does not play Saturday I can see the Fui being selected.

The Colonel

Immortal
Peek is suspended. O'Dwyer is on standby for Tahu and Cayless is probably not going to back up unless injury happens before the game starts.

Freak2

Juniors
Wasn't aware of the Peek suspension. Oh well.

Odwyer is a special to be in the side. He can cover both centre and back row.

He has great defence technique but lacks a little in attack.

Latest posts