What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams: Saints v Manly

The Preacher

First Grade
Stop it you two, you've got me in the same state as just after the "nasal delivery medication". "One whiff and you're stiff".

God-King Dean

Immortal
Willow said:
I don't get your gripe that you think I have a gripe.

He's wearing number 3 this weekend. Maybe he'll play differently. Maybe.

P.S.

Gaz was named at centre last Monday. One of our tries came from a bust he made up the centre of the park....

Cuz everytime someone says Gasnier at 5/8th... you point out that ' we should get over Gasnier with #6 on his back '

dragonfire

Bench
Willow said:
I don't get your gripe that you think I have a gripe.

He's wearing number 3 this weekend. Maybe he'll play differently. Maybe.

P.S.

Gaz was named at centre last Monday. One of our tries came from a bust he made up the centre of the park....

well that was a good play and something they have attempted every game since he came back, though that play could have worked with Morris just as well and is somehting you would expect your fullback to run. I hope your not implying that it was a 5/8th move, though Gasnier should play a little bit more up the middle rather than predominantly just sitting out in the centres

Godz Illa

Coach
dragonfire said:
and is somehting you would expect your fullback to run. I hope your not implying that it was a 5/8th move
lol we have a winner. This is Willow's point. Even though he wears the number 6, Gasnier was playing more like a fullback. And needs to do so with the 3 on his back as well.

Dave Q

Coach
I was reading Willow's response and I was thinking about how history is constructed by people to suit their purposes.

Then I was thinking about history is transmitted.

How do you tell a kid that her team started yesterday.

"But didnt we go to matches last year mum?" might be the response.

Unwittingly, the kid has identified the lie.

And the truth is that nobody (not even the NRL) believe in this lie.

The duck is still a duck.

As a gesture to the friends I have made here this year, I will carry a small item of red/scarlet and white in my pocket for the finals series so you dont feel too left out.

I also believe that the stripes of illawarra should appear on the white red v jersey.

3 prominant scarlet stripes on the arms where they used to be.

Saints and the Steelers are of equal stature in my eyes. Games should be shared at the home grounds as equally as possible and facilities at each should be approximate for the fans.

The history of of our game at the elite level continues no matter who is exploiting it for financial gain for the time being.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
God-King Dean said:
Cuz everytime someone says Gasnier at 5/8th... you point out that ' we should get over Gasnier with #6 on his back '
I'll keep that mind next time I say it.
Actually, I probably won't.

Did I mention that its just a number on the back?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
dragonfire said:
I hope your not implying that it was a 5/8th move
What will happen I dared to imply such a thing? lol

Its called opinion folks. We all grow into one eventually.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Godz Illa said:
lol we have a winner. This is Willow's point. Even though he wears the number 6, Gasnier was playing more like a fullback. And needs to do so with the 3 on his back as well.
Thank you Godz... I wonder sometimes if anyone is listening. ;-)

God-King Dean

Immortal
Well my point is ever since Gasnier starting wearing #6 he is playing differently (& being played poorly IMO). Clearly there's a difference when he switches between 3 & 6.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
God-King Dean said:
Well my point is ever since Gasnier starting wearing #6 he is playing differently (& being played poorly IMO). Clearly there's a difference when he switches between 3 & 6.
That's great mate and no worries. I've only been watching Gaz play for five matches this year.

CharlieF

Juniors
big pat said:
hello dutchy good luck on sunday and for the finals, there would be no bitching if dickfloss,charlie f/wit didn't come on to other forums and make dumb comments, that they cant back up.

I made a comment that I can back up and did. It has absolutley no relevence to this match day thread, but then again I wasn't the one who brought up past semis appearances.

Good luck on Sunday. Manly really need to give the Dragons a touch up.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
CharlieF said:
I made a comment that I can back up and did.
Charlie, complete the following saying: "People in glass houses...."

CharlieF said:
It has absolutley no relevence to this match day thread
Actually I want you to go hard... its obviously important that we find out more about Manly's record over the last 10 years.
CharlieF said:
but then again I wasn't the one who brought up past semis appearances.
You just weighed in. lol.

CharlieF said:
Good luck on Sunday. Manly really need to give the Dragons a touch up.
There's a better than even chance that you'll get your wish.

Dave Q

Coach
Willow said:
There's a better than even chance that you'll get your wish.[/quote]

I dont agree.

I think is only a 15% chance of a flogging (18+)

A 35% chance of a draw to 18pts

A 15% chance of a draw at 80 mins

And a 35% chance Saints will win.

The Preacher

First Grade
Dave Q said:
Willow said:
There's a better than even chance that you'll get your wish.[/quote]

I dont agree.

I think is only a 15% chance of a flogging (18+)

A 35% chance of a draw to 18pts

A 15% chance of a draw at 80 mins

And a 35% chance Saints will win.

Is that you, Col Tidy ???

Dave Q

Coach
The Preacher said:
Dave Q said:
Is that you, Col Tidy ???

Nup, its Colin Carpenter.

Last game, for fugs sake fire up dragons!

Its a long off-season, remember that existence? HELL ON EARTH!

And get on board the REDFERN EXPRESS.

That will give your victory in next years shield some meaning

(I wonder if Gaz will play?)

heres the first odds on offer at DaveQBet.

Gaz to play: 1%
Gaz to pull out with mystery virus 98%
Gaz in poor form and in PL 1%

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Willow said:
That's great mate and no worries. I've only been watching Gaz play for five matches this year.

I was listening Mr Willow! :D

I think my post was a bit more confusing though. When Gas was playing 5/8, we effectively had 2 fullbacks playing and it wasn't working well. We lacked a true 5/8.

Give Gas free reign on both sides of the ruck. It won't change what he's trying to accomplish.

This Year?

Immortal
dikefalos said:
im not angry at all especially after the season manly has had this year. however i would be very angry if manly had a season similar to the saints, brown was coach & had a team as talented the dragons that should have won a premiership the last 3 years.

Still angry about last season??

Dragons have a good record against the silvertail scum over the last few seasons. I think it will be a close game. If the Dragons put in the same effort as last week they will give themsleves a good chance of winning.

Latest posts