What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Bulldogs

Suitman

Post Whore
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
BTW I thought Blake played very well out of dummy half when he came on last week for someone that apparently dislikes the position so much (that I have heard). His speed of passing off the ground and decision making was very good for a rookie dummy half

That is very true.
His service out of dummy half was first rate.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
I assume you said that on form.

So, seriously, why shouldn't he be?
It's not naive at all. Isn't it our perogative to expect the best team on the park every week?
By NOT having Green there instead of Finch, is this our best team?

Suity

what difference does it make??? Green is in the 17 and still an integral part of the team, if he was at 6 than Finch would be at 14.

both will play important roles and will continue to do so until atleast Pig comes back.

The Colonel

Immortal
I could see him stay in the first grade side with another performance like last week however probably being dropped to the bench and used in the utility role that Green was. This is until Riddell and Robinson returns.

As disappointing as Finch's form has been I think it allows Blake a better transition into first grade. His first two games have been great firat up and then good - but by coming off the bench he is avoiding the spotlight while adjusting to the speed of first grade. Less pressure on him to perform and he is adjusting well.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
what difference does it make??? Green is in the 17 and still an integral part of the team, if he was at 6 than Finch would be at 14.

both will play important roles and will continue to do so until atleast Pig comes back.

Big difference as my point is that if his form continues like last Friday night, he shouldn't even be in the 17.

Finch has played an important role so far?? :lol:

Suity

parra pete

Referee
How many chances did you give Tim Smith when he was playing like a trained monkey
Surely Finch is allowed the same latitude....
The halves combination...Finch and Chimps :lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
I could see him stay in the first grade side with another performance like last week however probably being dropped to the bench and used in the utility role that Green was. This is until Riddell and Robinson returns.

As disappointing as Finch's form has been I think it allows Blake a better transition into first grade. His first two games have been great firat up and then good - but by coming off the bench he is avoiding the spotlight while adjusting to the speed of first grade. Less pressure on him to perform and he is adjusting well.

Totally agree, but not worth carrying someone who is out of form just to blood someone.

Surely, there will be other options, with or without Riddell and Chad?

Suity

COACH STERLING

Juniors
The Colonel said:

On the proviso we don't have injuries/suspensions, it will be interesting to see who gets dropped for Piggy & Robbo. I can see room for Pig, he can replace Finchy, as for Robbo, he would be hard pressed trying to get back into the side. I can't see Hages replacing ian or wags.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Big difference as my point is that if his form continues like last Friday night, he shouldn't even be in the 17.

Finch has played an important role so far?? :lol:

Suity

who would you put there??

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
who would you put there??

So your telling me we have absolutely no other option than Finch atm?

What about this depth I keep hearing about?

Suity

pazzaeel

Juniors
How many chances did you give Tim Smith when he was playing like a trained monkey
Surely Finch is allowed the same latitude....

tim smith has never played as bad as what brett finch has for us this season.

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Totally agree, but not worth carrying someone who is out of form just to blood someone.

Surely, there will be other options, with or without Riddell and Chad?

Suity

The options appear to be at this stage the Keating brothers. Kris has only just moved into Prems the other week and Matt has played half a season plus this. Ideally you wouldn't want to have to rely on them at this stage unless you really had to. Otherwise there is Jimmy Storer, James Maloney or you play an extra back or forward.

The extra forward would be the ideal situation with Feleti taking the utility role. How that effects the team balance would need to be considered as you take away a wide attacking option if Feleti is forced into the backs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
So your telling me we have absolutely no other option than Finch atm?

What about this depth I keep hearing about?

Suity

no hold on...you tell me??? you're so vocal about Finch not being there and yet you don't have any specific player in mind to replace him..:lol:

tbh, Finch needs to be there either at 6 or 14 with the sort of sturcture that we're playing.

currently our 6 and 7 are too green to be thrusted in Firstgrade at the moment, and Matt Keating as good a footballer he is isn't exactly demanding selection at the moment.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think Hagan is doing a great job selecting the side week in week out

I support the 17 that are there this week. last week and next week :clap:

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
no hold on...you tell me??? you're so vocal about Finch not being there and yet you don't have any specific player in mind to replace him..:lol:

tbh, Finch needs to be there either at 6 or 14 with the sort of sturcture that we're playing.

currently our 6 and 7 are too green to be thrusted in Firstgrade at the moment, and Matt Keating as good a footballer he is isn't exactly demanding selection at the moment.

To be honest, the way Finch is playing, and with Chad and Riddell to come back, I'd be happy to have Wagon at 5/8th.
Timmy is the first pass off the ruck 90% of the time anyway. You can't tell me that Finch in his current form would offer us any more than Wagon could at 5'8th? Otherwise, I'd be happy to go Colonels way and for Feliti to be there.

Don't forget, and you seem to have, that I said Finch must be on his last chance. If he proves me wrong this week and has a blinder, I'm quite happy to have him back. It's about time he proved his worth. You yourself said you'd rather have Green there, didn't you? How long are you prepared to give him and what options do you have if his form continues as is?

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
To be honest, the way Finch is playing, and with Chad and Riddell to come back, I'd be happy to have Wagon at 5/8th.
Timmy is the first pass off the ruck 90% of the time anyway. You can't tell me that Finch in his current form would offer us any more than Wagon could at 5'8th? Otherwise, I'd be happy to go Colonels way and for Feliti to be there.

Don't forget, and you seem to have, that I said Finch must be on his last chance. If he proves me wrong this week and has a blinder, I'm quite happy to have him back. It's about time he proved his worth. You yourself said you'd rather have Green there, didn't you? How long are you prepared to give him and what options do you have if his form continues as is?

Suity

how did rate Finch's game defensively because I was told that he was the reason why Puletua couldn't feed his backs with any ball, apparently part of a Hagan plan to stop him.

yeah, sure he's attack was inept...but not one person here noticed that his defensive game was great. it shows what people are watching.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
how did rate Finch's game defensively because I was told that he was the reason why Puletua couldn't feed his backs with any ball, apparently part of a Hagan plan to stop him.

yeah, sure he's attack was inept...but not one person here noticed that his defensive game was great. it shows what people are watching.

So let's tolerate his poor and costly attacking game for good defence. :roll:

You didn't answer the question.

Suity

Utey

Coach
Be patient with the Finchster. He'll come good. Although in saying that, Bulldogs by plenty.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
So let's tolerate his poor and costly attacking game for good defence. :roll:

You didn't answer the question.

Suity

I've told you who i'd rather have but I will live with the side that's chosen. personally i would start Green with Finch off the bench..

but that was an intersting observation that was brought to my attention today...not that anyone else would find it interesting because we all know that you're not sexy unless you set several tries complete 50 offloads.