What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Bulldogs

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I've told you who i'd rather have but I will live with the side that's chosen. personally i would start Green with Finch off the bench..

but that was an intersting observation that was brought to my attention today...not that anyone else would find it interesting because we all know that you're not sexy unless you set several tries complete 50 offloads.

Not at all mate.
If that was the case, Wagon would have been gone long ago.

And I repeat....

Suitman said:
Don't forget, and you seem to have, that I said Finch must be on his last chance. If he proves me wrong this week and has a blinder, I'm quite happy to have him back. It's about time he proved his worth. How long are you prepared to give him and what options do you have if his form continues as is?

Suity

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
how did rate Finch's game defensively because I was told that he was the reason why Puletua couldn't feed his backs with any ball, apparently part of a Hagan plan to stop him.

yeah, sure he's attack was inept...but not one person here noticed that his defensive game was great. it shows what people are watching.

I dont think his 9 tackles made up for his 4 errors. Some of which lead to Parra being under immense presure and one which lead to a try.

Finch is lucky Keating is relatively young and inexperienced & Riddell is on the sidelines for 6 weeks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelavation said:
how did rate Finch's game defensively because I was told that he was the reason why Puletua couldn't feed his backs with any ball, apparently part of a Hagan plan to stop him.

yeah, sure he's attack was inept...but not one person here noticed that his defensive game was great. it shows what people are watching.

I noticed! His defense has been really good all season thus far. It's just his attacking execution has gone.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Guess who dropped the ball in the lead up to that try ;-)

I already said that his attack was inept..but still appears that some of you are only intersted in what happens when we have the ball in our hands.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I already said that his attack was inept..but still appears that some of you are only intersted in what happens when we have the ball in our hands.

No, we are interested in having the best 17 representing the colours, both in attack, and defence.

Suity

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:

Personally, I'm interested how he goes on the footy field, this include attack and defense. If he lacks either, then questions should be raised.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Personally, I'm interested how he goes on the footy field, this include attack and defense. If he lacks either, then questions should be raised.

are you raising questions about Timmy's defense?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
I thought he was talking about Finch tbh.

Suity

oh ok, so no other player should be under scrutiny at all...I see.

a few weeks ago same people baying for the blood of Burty, Ian, Chad, Riddell and Timmy also...so excuse me while I jump from player to player.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
are you raising questions about Timmy's defense?

Timmy was Man Of the Match. So no questions need to be raised ;-)

Finch would have come close to worst on ground, and that's in a winning team.

I'm not going to bag him anymore, I've done that in the first 4 weeks and I'm over it, but discussing the best team line-up on a week to week basis does involve finchy.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
oh ok, so no other player should be under scrutiny at all...I see.

a few weeks ago same people baying for the blood of Burty, Ian, Chad, Riddell and Timmy also...so excuse me while I jump from player to player.

Funnily enough eela, that is the crux of the argument.
All those you have mentioned have managed to lift their games.

As for Finch.......................

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Timmy was Man Of the Match. So no questions need to be raised ;-)

according to 9...2GB's was different but that's subjective isn't???...and still doesn't excuse for a sh*t house attempt to tackle.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Funnily enough eela, that is the crux of the argument.
All those you have mentioned have managed to lift their games.

As for Finch.......................

Suity

Finch was good defensively sh*t in attack...

Grothe couldn't hold the ball...but effective when ran he it up.

Ian Hindmarsh...didn't do too much all game...except won it for us in the last 10 minutes.

Feleti persists on giving away cheap penalties..but was sublime in attack.

and I think we're as good as alot of you make out at the moment but there are signs there we can improve at a rapid rate, even with finch in the side.

nice to see Burt getting a breaK too...;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pretty predictable side, good to see Fui starting. We will need his grunt straight from kick off. I would have prefered Green starting and Finch of the bench. Let's hope Finchy has a big game to prove the he can cut it at the Eels.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
according to 9...2GB's was different but that's subjective isn't???...and still doesn't excuse for a sh*t house attempt to tackle.

Even hindmarsh misses tackles. That doesn't mean you can't make up for it or even win a MOM. Anyhow, good luck with defending Finchy, I'm going to sit on the fence and read .........for now! :cool:

who gives a f**k what 2GB says..... They don't like Tim on that Show. Fulton and Hadley take delight in drilling him. Hadley and co. have an agenda.they gave the man of the match to Feleti - who by his standards had a solid game.

If Mathew john sees fit to give Tim a 3 in the Dally M points awards and the MOM for Ch9 that's good enough for me.

Finch has been playing rubbish if he's not a 5/8 then chuck the rubbish in the PL and let him play halfback there.

Bigfella

Coach
And let's face it, things are working for us and we have been able to afford to carry him so far.

I will say that that was the ebst I have ever seen Tim play durng a tight game in the last 10 minutes.

And Finch was involved to an extent in that time - so who knows, he may well have had some influence on Tim's game in that time.

He also made a great defensive play in defusing that charge down situation when the game was still in the balance.

And of course - he can only get better from here on!

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
Finch was good defensively sh*t in attack...

Agreed

eelavation said:
Grothe couldn't hold the ball...but effective when ran he it up.

Very good out of dummy half. A vast improvement.

eelavation said:
Ian Hindmarsh...didn't do too much all game...except won it for us in the last 10 minutes.

Rubbish - he was solid ALL game that he was on, and didn't win it for us in the last 10 minutes.

eelavation said:
Feleti persists on giving away cheap penalties..but was sublime in attack.

Cheap penalties?? He showed improvement in his ball carrying. Noticed he wasn't looking to off load every time he took it up. He threw the dollar ball to Ben Smith resulting in Burts last try - a fine bit of work.

eelavation said:
and I think we're as good as alot of you make out at the moment but there are signs there we can improve at a rapid rate, even with finch in the side.

But can we be better with Green playing Finches role? That's all I'm asking.

eelavation said:
nice to see Burt getting a breaK too...;-)

He has deserved his wraps - he has been, along with Cayless, the form player of the year for us and it's about time we have seen some consistency from him.

Suity

Latest posts