What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Dragons

yy_cheng

Coach
The Colonel said:
:lol: The doom and gloom merchants are back. The only change to that team is essentially Robinson for Moimoi. Delaney takes over the role that Wagon has been playing for the past few weeks and Wags takes over Chads role in the starting side. Defensively the side loses nothing.

Chad hasn't had to run the ball often this season but is actually much bigger than the two guys you are suggesting take his place up front. In a game like the one we face on Friday night experience counts rather than relying on rookies. With what we have to work from this is really the best option for this week.

Hindy moves into prop when Chad comes off and Cordoba replaces Cayless. Widders or Delaney move to lock and Morrison moves into the second row.

For mine, size isn't everything. A blend of acceleration and size is what I prefer. e.g. Moimoi.

Codorba, Chad, Hindy, Wagon, Morro, Caylo, Delaney are not quick players off the mark.

If we play a grinding game, this pack will do.

However, I would throw in Zeb instead of Delaney just to throw some unknown quantity there. He might not need to play for alot of minutes but if we need something to break a possible stalemate or a lack of go forward, then Zeb could POSSIBLY provide that.

Otherwise, I really think it will depend on how Riddell and PJ plays.

parra pete

Referee
Knock knock knock.......Knock Burt...Knock Delaney..Knock Wagon...Knock Robinson...Knock Jeremy Smith...Knock..... Morris........

Is there anyone in team that can play????

xr62nv

Juniors
The Colonel said:
:lol: The doom and gloom merchants are back. The only change to that team is essentially Robinson for Moimoi. Delaney takes over the role that Wagon has been playing for the past few weeks and Wags takes over Chads role in the starting side. Defensively the side loses nothing.

Chad hasn't had to run the ball often this season but is actually much bigger than the two guys you are suggesting take his place up front. In a game like the one we face on Friday night experience counts rather than relying on rookies. With what we have to work from this is really the best option for this week.

Hindy moves into prop when Chad comes off and Cordoba replaces Cayless. Widders or Delaney move to lock and Morrison moves into the second row.

thats probably what will ideally happen

probably taylor went for someone who has just a bit more experience with delaney who is a good defender, over someone like taia .. risks didnt need to be taken so he went for a safe option in delaney

im sure this pack will get us over the line :D

The Colonel

Immortal
The reason why Paulo and Oake may not be picked is because we are likely to be close to the Second Tier cap considering we have used quite a few juniors and players outside the top 25.

fish eel

Immortal
what we may give away in size, we'll make up for by being quicker and more mobile than saints.

Delaney has made some decent runs out of dummy half this year....wouldnt be surprised if that was part of the plan for friday...to run them around a bit.

no big deal really

our go forward has generally come from out wide anyways, through the likes of grothe, widders and O'dwyer. Fui obviously makes some metres up the middle but just means hindy and chad have to take up some slack, along with support from the likes of smith. with wagon playing 80 he can take up the slack in terms of hindy's defense.

as long as our second phase play is the same as it has been, as long as morro, pj and widders play the ball wide as they have been, we shuldn't be experiencing too much of a different style from the boys.

yy_cheng

Coach
parra pete said:
Knock knock knock.......Knock Burt...Knock Delaney..Knock Wagon...Knock Robinson...Knock Jeremy Smith...Knock..... Morris........

I'm not knocking individual players.

I'm looking at the blend of the team.

The Colonel

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
I'm not knocking individual players.

I'm looking at the blend of the team.

And the blend hasn't changed from last week to this week outside of Robinson to prop.

cardinal

Juniors
fish eel said:
what we may give away in size, we'll make up for by being quicker and more mobile than saints.

Delaney has made some decent runs out of dummy half this year....wouldnt be surprised if that was part of the plan for friday...to run them around a bit.

Spot on it is a great side that will run those dragon big units off their feet, we will kick early and turn them around and will have to much mobility for them. The storm forwards bashed them in the middle but we wont play that sort of game. I think wags will be given the job in defence to shut down barrett.

yy_cheng

Coach
The Colonel said:
And the blend hasn't changed from last week to this week outside of Robinson to prop.

Well, I would say Robbo and Moimoi have a different playing style.

Freak2

Juniors
I thought Henry might get a start in front of Delaney, but I am not suprized.

Delaney is a class act and is a first grader in most if not all NRL sides.

Hopefully JT can get the best he can out of Delaney as we need his best on Friday!! and if he does he might make a few doubters silent for a while!!

Just like Odi & Burt has!!

The Colonel

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
Well, I would say Robbo and Moimoi have a different playing style.

Doesn't mean the blend has changed. The system is set up to play exactly the same way that we did last week against Manly and previous weeks. Chad can take the ball forward - it is just that he hasn't had to so far this season.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Doesn't mean the blend has changed. The system is set up to play exactly the same way that we did last week against Manly and previous weeks. Chad can take the ball forward - it is just that he hasn't had to so far this season.

Colonel, Can you understand what they are trying to achieve with Delaney on the bench and what his role is. Surely Taia would have been a better option as Delaney is not a backrower yet.

parra pete said:

considering most of those played in 6 straight wins you would think so.
But listening to some on here you would think we have lost 6 straight not won them.
PLEASE!

yy_cheng

Coach
parra-matters said:
considering most of those played in 6 straight wins you would think so.
But listening to some on here you would think we have lost 6 straight not won them.
PLEASE!
Sorry mate, I'm just trying to be an armchair coach. When I tell my wife about the team changes she goes "Why don't you just tell the guys on LU and bother them". :D

The Colonel

Immortal
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Colonel, Can you understand what they are trying to achieve with Delaney on the bench and what his role is. Surely Taia would have been a better option as Delaney is not a backrower yet.

I've already mentioned that in posts previous. Delaney will play the same role that Wagon has been playing..... Wagon will fill Robinsons role.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Under the circumstances I can't complain about the team but it will be tough.

not if we play smart football...there's a way to beat this mob and that's play them at their own game.

it's achievable.

Latest posts