What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Dragons

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
The Colonel said:
I've already mentioned that in posts previous. Delaney will play the same role that Wagon has been playing..... Wagon will fill Robinsons role.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Robinson and Wagon to stick to their roles and let Taia play Moimoi's role to a lesser extent with the others to all step up a bit. Why change 3 players roles and in one case get a guy to play a completely unfamiliar role (Delaney) for the loss of one player. Doesn't make any sense to me but as I said previously I have to trust the people making these decisions.

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Wouldn't it make more sense for Robinson and Wagon to stick to their roles and let Taia play Moimoi's role to a lesser extent with the others to all step up a bit. Why change 3 players roles and in one case get a guy to play a completely unfamiliar role (Delaney) for the loss of one player. Doesn't make any sense to me but as I said previously I have to trust the people making these decisions.

mate! you have to understand that roles change through out the game, especially when you have PJ and Widdo coming off the bench.

this is no different.

Sticks

Juniors
.....and just for good measure, you lot will have Steven Clarke as your 80 minute 18th man:sarcasm:

Cheers;

Sticks

JOB 3:14

Juniors
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I think we might really struggle in the go forward department especailly against the likes of Bailey, Ryles, Poore, Sims, Young and the rest of their young props. Personally I don't think Robbo is a real go forward player but I suppose we don't have a lot of options

My sentiments exactly, i hope im wrong and the crowd can lift the boys but as it looks we are struggling with forward power.

forward pass

Coach
Its the best side possible at the moment.

This thread sounds like it was written in the Brian Smith days !!!! First time JT has been under so much "forum" pressure !!!!!

caylo

Bench
id say alot rides on the other to stand up. cayless and hindy will play their best games, and wotch morro, wagz and robo to run the ball more. delaney i guess comes in as a backrower, mabey he can add a spark aswell

The Colonel

Immortal
T-BONE MCGRAW said:

Taia isn't a prop. He is better suited as a wide running second rower. He also relies to heavily on the shoulder charge at this point in time.

Delaney played much of his lower grade career at lock before moving to centre and Wagons role hasn't changed outside of the fact he starts this week rather than coming off the bench.

Utey

Coach
:? Itll be a very intresting game, I think the Dragons will have too much for us regardless.

Bazal

Post Whore
Good side unde the circumstances. I think the game plan will be wear the Dragons down. We have no props available, so Robbo is the best option. The pack is very defence oriented and should hopefully give the Dragons pack very little room to move. I doubt this match will have much in the way of scoring from either side to be honest! JT seems to be looking for a good old fashioned arm wrestle, then our quick backs can take advantage of a tired pack. The best side under the circumstances...

sooperdooper

First Grade
People are forgetting the fact that delaney is a good player...
we are yet to see this in NRL im sure we will though, lets hope this week

he could come on and play in the centres and push o dwyer into backrow or play back row!

i think we will see a better delaney this match he has had a few minor yet annoying problems during the year

mickdo

Coach
Sticks said:
.....and just for good measure, you lot will have Steven Clarke as your 80 minute 18th man:sarcasm:

Cheers;

Sticks
Yeah, he sent one of our players off and we lost the penalty count to 'Hometown' Clark. He really loves us so very much :lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
Bazal said:
Good side unde the circumstances. I think the game plan will be wear the Dragons down. We have no props available, so Robbo is the best option. The pack is very defence oriented and should hopefully give the Dragons pack very little room to move. I doubt this match will have much in the way of scoring from either side to be honest! JT seems to be looking for a good old fashioned arm wrestle, then our quick backs can take advantage of a tired pack. The best side under the circumstances...

The first 20 will be tough semi-finals like football. If we can hold out, we'll be more than a shot of winning it.

A good kick/chase game is in order and good handling in our own half. They might not be able to go through us, but I think they'll try and get over us with kicks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee not much in the PL forward pack, our club depth is really being tested atm, but we seem to pull through pretty well

3 out of 3 against Manly, so we must be doing something right

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
JT sure loves Delaney... Zeb Taia would be 10 times better off the bench. With Burt at fullback Delaney offers nothing to that team.

dazeely

First Grade
yy_cheng said:
I would've preferred a Weller or Zeb who's mission is to run it hard (moimoi like) for a short time.

We have a 80min backrow and a 60min player in Widders so I think we could afford a human missile in there playing HARD for 20 mins in 10 min interval.

Totally agree. Go forward metre eater even if rotated in short bursts aka Moi Moi in his early days. Delaney - no way. Wasted bench spot.

Latest posts