What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Panthers

Utey

Coach
So Finchy is still in doubt?

I'm surprised Ian is starting again, looked much better playing prop off the bench.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
Finch is in doubt..green will go to five-eight and fui to the bench if he pulls out.

regardless, I can't see Fui playing in prems, I reckon if Finch is fit Richies will go back to prems.

That is pretty much the way i see it, otherwise Richie is back in Prems.

Imo Finch will fill in at hooker during the match when Marsh comes off and Green will go to 5/8th

Utey

Coach
Kornstar said:
That is pretty much the way i see it, otherwise Richie is back in Prems.

Imo Finch will fill in at hooker during the match when Marsh comes off and Green will go to 5/8th

Thats exactly whats going to happen I think, although it should be one or the other.

Who remembers when Burty was on fire last year and Wade came onto the bench? We ended up being a forward short at critical times. We're in the same situation and we will definitly miss the extra forward against Penrith I reckon.

Gronk

Staff member
Finch at rake huh ? Will he make a whole bunch of tackles time and time again and be dangerous around the ruck ?

I think not. :arrow:

I'm happy that team. The bench is very strong. That's the best bench we have had in 5 years. But the one diamentioned 2nd row and lock has still got me puzzled.

If FUI is fit then Faaaaaaaaa'aso will be in PL IMO.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
omgoodness the team already! what a short week!

very happy that Blake has retained a spot in firstgrade. he's been rewarded for a good debut!! :D

Bigfella

Coach
if he plays like crap then we might be able to use him as a utility playing hooker

Can't agree with that. If he plays like crap get rid of him, don't pick him where he handles the ball more than anyone else on the field.

Also think that if Finch is fit, Green will drop off the bench. Mateo can even go to 5/8 with Finch to play hooker if required.

If Finch out, green to 5/8 but little reserve hooking cover. Keating could still be called up if that Finch is out.

Not sure about our best bench in 5 years Jake. We used to (2004/ 2005) have Marsh, Moi Moi, Widders and one of Cannings / Tsoulos / Cordoba / Stringer which was as good as I have seen off the bench.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it will certainly be very interesting if Finch is fit

if he doesn't fire up, he find himself benched, or playing at dummy half and not just this week, it maybe that way till Piggy returns

Is there any reason why Moimoi's surname is not capitalized like all the others?

Hagan said that they are 'hopeful' of Finch being back which suggests he is a good chance of not being fit.

Also, we must play Moimoi and Fa'aoso in this game to cover the massive Penrith pack. Also, Fa'aoso will want a big game against his former club

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Bigfella said:
Can't agree with that. If he plays like crap get rid of him, don't pick him where he handles the ball more than anyone else on the field.

Also think that if Finch is fit, Green will drop off the bench. Mateo can even go to 5/8 with Finch to play hooker if required.

If Finch out, green to 5/8 but little reserve hooking cover. Keating could still be called up if that Finch is out.

Not sure about our best bench in 5 years Jake. We used to (2004/ 2005) have Marsh, Moi Moi, Widders and one of Cannings / Tsoulos / Cordoba / Stringer which was as good as I have seen off the bench.

We had Hindmarsh on a bench like that after a test match. That was a better bench.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
well i dont think the panthers are going to be THAT Big

they lost Waterhouse and Clinton..

but there still the Kiwis

niall

Juniors
im really annoyed that tahu got the nod ahead of kris inu. YES i do realise he is an accomplished player, but did you notice that the 3 previous games JARRYD HAYNE was playing way under par!! but his combination with KRIS INU, led him to play his best footy this year against canberra.

i hav been sayin for sooo long to put INU into first grade, and he finally got his chance and DEF. proved himself with SOLID DEFENCE, AWSUM ATTACK, and may i add the ability TO PASS THE BALL TO JARRYD!!! ther was a point where he could of gone in hard on the far left corner and taken the try for himself but unselfishly passed it to hayne who crahsed over on the wing!! in my eyes that was INU's try.

sorry guys, but this rlly gets on my nerves!! i beleev in picking a team based on players that will win you football games, not on experience and reputation!! BLAKE GREEN is another who should be our starting 5/8 im the first one to realise one game doesnt make a career, but he madea sold debut and deserves anutha starting spot. especially over someone who has offered nuthin in the THREE games he has been given and was also photographed SMOKING!!! real great image for the club finchy!!

FFS hagan pls dnt do a brian smith on us!!

that is all!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
niall said:
FFS hagan pls dnt do a brian smith on us!!

that is all!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

FMD!!!!! Hagan has blooded Green, INU and Mateo since the the comp started, that's something Smith never did...

Suitman

Post Whore
I must agree niall.

Tahu is an awesome player.
For some reason, I just DON'T KNOW why we aren't getting the best out of him atm.
Can anyone remember the last time he made a decent line break?

No one is beyond improvement.
I think it's time Tahu showed some.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pretty much as i excpected, INU can consider himself unlucky but Tahu was always going to come back into the side. Finch is also lucky to come straight back in the side, by putting Green on the bench Hages is having a bit each way.

oldmancraigy

Coach
eelavation said:
FMD!!!!! Hagan has blooded Green, INU and Mateo since the the comp started, that's something Smith never did...

This can surely only be taken strictly literally?

Oh wait - no, not even that way --> Smith is the one who blooded Mateo.

If you're saying that Smith never blooded young players then I suggest you go check into a mental hospital...

Of the named team, these are the ones he brought into first grade:

Luke Burt
Ben Smith
Eric Grothe Jr
Tim Smith
Nathan Cayless
PJ Marsh
Nathan Hindmarsh
Ian Hindmarsh
***not sure about Wagon (at the Dragons)***
Feliti Mateo

Stagger eel

Staff member
oldmancraigy said:
This can surely only be taken strictly literally?

Oh wait - no, not even that way --> Smith is the one who blooded Mateo.

If you're saying that Smith never blooded young players then I suggest you go check into a mental hospital...

Of the named team, these are the ones he brought into first grade:

Luke Burt
Ben Smith
Eric Grothe Jr
Tim Smith
Nathan Cayless
PJ Marsh
Nathan Hindmarsh
Ian Hindmarsh
***not sure about Wagon (at the Dragons)***
Feliti Mateo

no..I never said he blooded any players...the arguement is that niall thinks Tahu got the nod ahead of INU and than went on on a speel targeting Hagan's decision.

are we ever happy?? or do we just whinge for the sake of it?

Latest posts