What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Panthers

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
no..I never said he blooded any players...the arguement is that niall thinks Tahu got the nod ahead of INU and than went on on a speel targeting Hagan's decision.

are we ever happy?? or do we just whinge for the sake of it?

For the sake of it i would presume.

forward pass

Coach
oldmancraigy said:
This can surely only be taken strictly literally?

Oh wait - no, not even that way --> Smith is the one who blooded Mateo.

If you're saying that Smith never blooded young players then I suggest you go check into a mental hospital...

Of the named team, these are the ones he brought into first grade:

Luke Burt
Ben Smith
Eric Grothe Jr
Tim Smith
Nathan Cayless
PJ Marsh
Nathan Hindmarsh
Ian Hindmarsh
***not sure about Wagon (at the Dragons)***
Feliti Mateo

Agree!

I have never understood the bagging BS got about not blooding youngsters. It has never made any sense to me. I think this all started with Hayne not getting a start under Brian but he would have eventually.

ffs - he first threw Burt into the team in front of 100,000 spectators !!!

emjaycee

Coach
Suitman said:
I must agree niall.

Tahu is an awesome player.
For some reason, I just DON'T KNOW why we aren't getting the best out of him atm.
Can anyone remember the last time he made a decent line break?

No one is beyond improvement.
I think it's time Tahu showed some.

Suity

Suity,
All I can put it down to is lack of depth in the backline giving T no room to move. He is pretty much on the defence each time he gets the ball. Maybe with more go forward and some room to move we will see him return to form with the ball in hand.

I noticed on Saturday night, Timmy was telling Riddell to move deeper and was getting ignored - only saw it once and it was out to the left (Tahu's side normally) when we were 30 metres out from our own line at about tackle 3. Inu and Jarryd took their lead from Riddell so once again our backline was flat.

Frustrates me cause T, Benny, Grothe, Jarryd and Burt are all better runners when they have some room to move and it reduces the number of 'flat/forward' passes that Tim will throw.

emjaycee

Coach
niall said:
was also photographed SMOKING!!! real great image for the club finchy!!

Corrected below so that accuracy doesnt get in the way of your immature rant.

niall said:
was also photographed with an UNLIT cigarette in his mouth while hamming it up for a camera at a non-Parramatta Leagues social event in his own time!!! real great image for the club finchy!!

COACH STERLING

Juniors
There's a way to fit both Inu & Tahu into the same team. I know this won't sit easy with a lot of people on this forum, but at the start of the season I though this would be our strongest line-up

1.Hayne
2.Grothe
3.Smith
4.Inu
5.Tahu

Sorry, no possy for Burt! Who thinks Burt is better than any of the above?

Bigfella

Coach
Burt has played better than all of them so far this year.

That team can't be selected at this stage.

It would be too demoralising to every fringe player to say that the team will simply not be chosen on performance.

If you are asking is it our best on-paper side, assuming they are all playing at the peak of their form, then yes, I would agree.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Bigfella said:
Burt has played better than all of them so far this year.

That team can't be selected at this stage.

It would be too demoralising to every fringe player to say that the team will simply not be chosen on performance.

If you are asking is it our best on-paper side, assuming they are all playing at the peak of their form, then yes, I would agree.

I'm not exactly Burt's biggest fan, but I have to admit he has played OK, and it hasn't just been his last 4 weeks I'm talking about. He finished last year in fine form and his goal kicking is an asset.

............but, in terms of natural talent, if you marked those 6 players in order from 1-6 he would rank 6 in both attack and defence. I see him as the weaklink in our squad, and that's not to say he isn't a half decent player, he just isn't as good as the others

Just my opinion, and as I said, my intention isn't to piss anyone off, I just call it as I see it.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Moimoi to bench, Fa'aoso to start and Ian Hindmarsh out and that's a great looking team. How does Ian actually get promoted after being our worst player?

emjaycee

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Moimoi to bench, Fa'aoso to start and Ian Hindmarsh out and that's a great looking team. How does Ian actually get promoted after being our worst player?

How was he our worst player? He wasnt even our worst backrower.

C ROBINSON 0LB,20T,1MT,7H,2OF,74MG
D WAGON 0LB,28T,3MT,7H,0OF,70MG
M RIDDELL 1LB,13T,0MT,1H,0OF,61MG
I HINDMARSH 0LB,25T,1MT,8H,0OF,133MG

dazeely

First Grade
emjaycee said:
How was he our worst player? He wasnt even our worst backrower.

C ROBINSON 0LB,20T,1MT,7H,2OF,74MG
D WAGON 0LB,28T,3MT,7H,0OF,70MG
M RIDDELL 1LB,13T,0MT,1H,0OF,61MG
I HINDMARSH 0LB,25T,1MT,8H,0OF,133MG

exactly. how was he our worst. not sure what game you were watching. he ran with venom but yes dropped the ball on 2 or 3 occassions. needs to watch that but IMO he was good.

cardinal

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:

Takes a lot to admit you were wrong hey. It is easy really I did it with Burty said he was not a nrl fullback and he has proven me wrong so far. Come on you know you want to admit that Ian just might be the bargin buy of the year. He is making good yards and hitting hard and often in D, if a choice was made out of himself Robbo and Wags at the moment I would give Ian the nod.

dazeely

First Grade
cardinal said:
Takes a lot to admit you were wrong hey. It is easy really I did it with Burty said he was not a nrl fullback and he has proven me wrong so far. Come on you know you want to admit that Ian just might be the bargin buy of the year. He is making good yards and hitting hard and often in D, if a choice was made out of himself Robbo and Wags at the moment I would give Ian the nod.

probably lean towards Robbo, Ian & then Wags IMO. Wags might consider himself lucky there has been a few injuries.

Hellsy

Immortal
I hope Blake gets a good chance!!!!

Wonder if they will use him like PJ though.. that jersey on our team generally means a hooker role doesnt it :LOL:

niall

Juniors
if i was the coach, and i know sum1 us gunna say "thank god you're not" after reading this. but if i was i would have this team. not picking on experience and reputation, jst combinations and performance.

1 burt
2 hayne
3 inu
4 tahu
5 grothe
6 green
7 t.smith
8 cayless (c)
9 PJ
10 cordoba
11 hindmarsh
12 hindmarsh
13 B.smith

14 Finch
15 Cannings
16 Feleti
17 Fui Fui

18- wagon (jst hasnt proved himself in the past couple of games for mine)

b.smith- i see him as a power house lock playing the role outwide in attack much like glenn morrison did. and still solid in defence in the middle.

inu- has to be there he is just too good imo to be left in prems

green- had an awsum debut. one game doesnt make a career, but one good game deserves another starting spot the next week

finch- come on and play a hooking role to give pj a break, and can also do some kicking out of dummy half. just dusnt cut it at 5/8 he plays like a halfback and they clash.

fui fui- coming back from injury, bring him on mid way thru the first half and i gaurentee a hug impact and a solid effort from him to take us to half time with momentum.

Latest posts