What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Panthers

parra pete

Referee
Just a quick comment on the the current side for the game against penrith (losers, puffy) panthers.......

1. burt
2. talima
3. hayne
4. reddy...very suprise with his form
5 inu
6 mateo
7 finch...can be a little off sometimes
8 cayless
9 riddell
10 fui fui
11 hindmarsh
12 tony williams ...should be playing instead of wagon who is a joke
13.robinson.

Wagon has had his timein sun he has got to go showed nothing for the last 4 years please haggs take off your team list . All you parra supporter out there i know you agree with me Bye bye wagon have a nice life....[/quote

Crucify him....CRUCIFY HIM

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Fair dinkum. Since weve only got Tony Williams for X amount of games, id play him every game, because he might spark our team into full gear. He is ready to explode.

Tautai isnt doing enough for me and Hayne Would be a better option, With TW on the other wing. And if Guru gets some form back, our team leading into the finals would look like this -

NRL
PARRAMATTA
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1 Luke BURT [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]2 Jarrod HAYNE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]3 Krisnan INU [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]4 Joel REDDY [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]5 Tony WILLIAMS[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]6 Feleti MATEO [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]7 Brett FINCH [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]8 Nathan CAYLESS [C] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]9 Mark RIDDELL [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]10 Josh CORDOBA [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]11 Nathan HINDMARSH [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]12 Weller HURAKI[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]13 Chad ROBINSON [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]14 Matthew KEATING [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]15 Fuifui MOIMOI [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]16 Junior PAULO[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]17 Brendan OAKE [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]COACH - MICHAEL HAGAN [/FONT]

With Eric Grothe as backup, we should be good for injuries, and we have plenty of cover in our Backrow. Lets hope we can string a few wins together now.

BD5733

Juniors
The Panthers U/20's are on top of the ladder. But we are very fortunate that they will be missing alot of their star players who are currently playing first grade. With their weakened side.....we can't lose! :sarcasm:

benoir91

Juniors
The team at full strength should be:
1 Luke BURT

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]2 Jarryd HAYNE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]4 Ben SMITH[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]5 Joel REDDY[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]12 Weller HAURAKI[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]17 Tony WILLIAMS[/FONT]

The_Coach

Juniors
The team at full strength should be:
1 Luke BURT

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]2 Jarryd HAYNE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]4 Ben SMITH[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]5 Joel REDDY[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]12 Weller HAURAKI[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]17 Tony WILLIAMS[/FONT]

FFS you're joking right?

-You don't pay a bloke $350K+ to play on the wing.
-Ben Smith is not centre material anymore, needs to be converted into a backrower now, not next year.
-Drop Wagon playing his guts out in his final year and promote a bloke who looks like he'd rather be counting sheep.

Y2Eel

First Grade
FFS you're joking right?

-Ben Smith is not centre material anymore, needs to be converted into a backrower now, not next year.
-Drop Wagon playing his guts out in his final year and promote a bloke who looks like he'd rather be counting sheep.

What is a centre these days? Ben Smith is a typical centre.. In the old days it was another 5/8 player but these days its a lock type player same as the 5/8 role... Would like to see that change Cos inu Rocks in the Centres..

Wagon has been playing well but you cant have Him Chad Lowrie and Hindy on the same team there all 80 minute players just pick 2 HAGEN!!!

bartman

Immortal
Very glad Hayne is back on the wing. In all honesty he was rubbish in the centres, definitely worse than Inu and Reddy, and I look forward to Hayne getting back to his best out wide for the blue and gold.

Williams was the obvious one to drop, I think TT has a better alround game, despite lacking the "impact" on Williams. But he may still get a run this week if Hayne doesn't pull up well from Origin.

Well done to Hages with these selections. And I've no problem with Lowrie being 18th man as cover for the back row - I thought he did good defensively when he was on the field last week. He's solid and not flashy, but he won't make mistakes that cost you a game. And given that Paulo is currently out, I don't think there's anyone else who could be selected in that role at the moment.

The_Coach

Juniors
What is a centre these days? Ben Smith is a typical centre.. In the old days it was another 5/8 player but these days its a lock type player same as the 5/8 role... Would like to see that change Cos inu Rocks in the Centres..

Wagon has been playing well but you cant have Him Chad Lowrie and Hindy on the same team there all 80 minute players just pick 2 HAGEN!!!

A centre these days at least needs some pace and a decent step/evasive skills. All things Ben has been losing with every injury.

I didn't say a single thing about Lowrie. Hindmarsh/Wagon/Robinson is a fine starting backrow, as long as you have Oake/Williams providing some impact off the bench.

Y2Eel

First Grade
A centre these days at least needs some pace and a decent step/evasive skills. All things Ben has been losing with every injury.

I didn't say a single thing about Lowrie. Hindmarsh/Wagon/Robinson is a fine starting backrow, as long as you have Oake/Williams providing some impact off the bench.

Yeah he isnt our best centre but thats who the coach picks!!

I know you didnt but they are all the same type of player Wagon makes more meters so he should be the other second rower and Mateo at lock..

bartman

Immortal
Good point whoever mentioned that Williams will be targetted on the wing with his slow trunarounds to chase kicks, just like Grothe was.

Another reason to stick with the TT-Hayne wing combination. Who cares at the moment if we paid overs for a player has shown he is not a centre - play him in his best position, where he's selected for Origin. And be happy that he can be a third choice fullback, but the one we have is playing plenty good enough, and Inu would be second choice #1 (with Hayne to cover him in the centres, only if Ben Smith is not back).

The_Coach

Juniors
Who cares at the moment if we paid overs for a player has shown he is not a centre - play him in his best position, where he's selected for Origin. And be happy that he can be a third choice fullback, but the one we have is playing plenty good enough, and Inu would be second choice #1 (with Hayne to cover him in the centres, only if Ben Smith is not back).

That's hilarious. What do you do for an encore?

bartman

Immortal
Mate, the guy and his manager got a lot of coin out of us - that's their job. But that's not reason to keep picking the guy in a position he has shown he can't play (centre).

Would you really pick Hayne in the centres ahead of Inu or Reddy, on this year's form?

And would you really pick Hayne at fullback ahead of Burt, or ahead of Inu for that matter, again on this year's form?

Anyone who wants to see a side picked on reputation or based on how much money was squeezed out of us in contract negotiations needs to rethink how closely they watch on-field performances in my opinion.

The_Coach

Juniors
Mate, the guy and his manager got a lot of coin out of us - that's their job. But that's not reason to keep picking the guy in a position he has shown he can't play (centre).

Would you really pick Hayne in the centres ahead of Inu or Reddy, on this year's form?

And would you really pick Hayne at fullback ahead of Burt, or ahead of Inu for that matter, again on this year's form?

Anyone who wants to see a side picked on reputation or based on how much money was squeezed out of us in contract negotiations needs to rethink how closely they watch on-field performances in my opinion.

To be fair on this years form and attitude he should be playing for Wenty, not NSW. But the reason behind his poor form is playing out of position. So no I wouldn't pick him at centre. On the way he played last year I would have left him at fullback since game one this year. Then maybe the current situation wouldn't have happened, and i honestly believe we would be a stronger attacking team. The reason for his attitude is the fact he managed to milk so much from the club. The pay and the hype has gone to his head. This also has a negative effect on the whole team (Hindmarsh's comments for example) because he get's to stand out wide catching a cold for big buck's while other players consistantly perform better for peanuts and other juniors are lost.

bartman

Immortal
Fair comments there. I hope that hayne starts to turn it around with his return to a more natural position this week.

I think it was 50% either Burt or Hayne for fullback at the start of the year - Burt was in senstaional form until injury cut short his season and gave Hayne the chance to fill the spot (and hence increase his asking price).

Attitude wise, as well as the early season shooting incident, it seems Hayne hasn't bounced back and taken the chance to show his skills in a third position, and until Burt messes up or gets injured, the he has to embrace the wing and make every involvement there a winner.

If only Hayne was available last week he would have had a load of good opportunities to show his stuff on the wing, like TT and Williams did.

yy_cheng

Coach
We do not need Ben Smith. We only needed him because we had problems defensively in the centres. Well, since the departure of Grothe, that problem has sort of dissapeared.

I would still have Hayne in the centres.

He has not been given the opportunities in the centres in the sense that the team was playing crap when he was there. Now that the team has settled with FInch/Mateo, he should be given another crack. In a game before his injury where Mateo threw 2 forward passes to him , he was off and running.

If they weren't ruled forward (and it was not Hayne's fault that they were forward) and he made massive inroads with those runs or even scored, we probably would not be arguing this.

If the club is serious about Hayne playing centre, they need to fast track him instead of him learning the trade on experience. They should get a retired Centre, even the Crow, to teach him what he needs to look for. As someone previously said, Tahu took a while to work out playing in the centres. He is not going to learn playing in the centres if he plays on the wing.

I think defensively he has problems and the only thing that has pissed me off was when he missed that tackle and didn't chase.

If the club is not serious about him in the centres then throw him the #1 jersey.

Otherwise, sell him to Souths or Manly as there is no reason paying the bickkies for a winger and buy some mongrel forwards.

If you ask me, even Inu played better on the wing than he does in the centres.

Last edited:

WA Eel

Juniors
FFS you're joking right?

What's worse, paying a bloke $350k to play well on the wing or paying him $350k to play crap in the centres? Maybe it's just me, but in the games so this season, he hasn't looked like a good centre, let alone a $350k one.

yy_cheng

Coach
What's worse, paying a bloke $350k to play well on the wing or paying him $350k to play crap in the centres? Maybe it's just me, but in the games so this season, he hasn't looked like a good centre, let alone a $350k one.

But tell me, in the games where he did play centre, did the other centre play well?

Was the team playing crap then? Reddy has only started to play well in the last few weeks.

Latest posts