What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Panthers

Ron Jeremy

Coach
But tell me, in the games where he did play centre, did the other centre play well?

Was the team playing crap then? Reddy has only started to play well in the last few weeks.

exactly, the guy will make a great centre if he's given good service. Just a pity he got suspended once Parra as a team got its act together ( Brisbane game).

bartman

Immortal
Given the selections this week, I no longer believe the club is serious about Hayne being or beocming a centre.

Elite players shouldn't need "good service" to shine in a slightly new position at least maybe once in 12 or so weeks... The Hayne experiement was keeping a better guy (Reddy) from having a go and ultimately succeeding more quickly in the same position. And Hayne's act of stupidity that cost himself a suspension can probably be directly linked to the end of his chance to cement the centre position, or at least it would have been if I was coach?

I'm glad Hagan has agreed with the NSW selectors and decided that he's more likely to see a decent game from Hayne from now on if he plays on the wing. All it takes is another injury in the backline and Hayne will find himself with another opportunity to play centre anyway, and maybe prove himself a bit better next time around.

yy_cheng

Coach
tbh, I don't think we need a superstar winger.

We really should think of offloading him if that's the case.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
The team at full strength should be:
1 Luke BURT

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]2 Jarryd HAYNE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]3 Krisnan INU [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]4 Ben SMITH[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]5 Joel REDDY[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]6 Feleti MATEO [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]7 Brett FINCH [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]8 Nathan CAYLESS [C] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]9 Mark RIDDELL [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]10 Josh CORDOBA [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]11 Nathan HINDMARSH [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]12 Weller HAURAKI[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]13 Chad ROBINSON [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]14 Matthew KEATING [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]15 Fuifui MOIMOI [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]16 Junior PAULO[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]17 Tony WILLIAMS[/FONT]

:clap:

forward pass

Coach
Fair comments there. I hope that hayne starts to turn it around with his return to a more natural position this week.

I think it was 50% either Burt or Hayne for fullback at the start of the year - Burt was in senstaional form until injury cut short his season and gave Hayne the chance to fill the spot (and hence increase his asking price).

Attitude wise, as well as the early season shooting incident, it seems Hayne hasn't bounced back and taken the chance to show his skills in a third position, and until Burt messes up or gets injured, the he has to embrace the wing and make every involvement there a winner.

If only Hayne was available last week he would have had a load of good opportunities to show his stuff on the wing, like TT and Williams did.

When Hayne went to fullback last year it took him 4 -5 weeks before he had any impact. And honestly guys, if you watch some of those games back, his positional play was terrible. Absolutley terrible.

In the Final against the Storm, Hayne was no-where to be seen for the Storms first 2 tries. I still don't know where the hell he was.

He would certainly learn if moved there fulltime, but Burt is doing well so why change anything.

As for paying overs, I can't go along with that. There is no doubt there was some big money being waved at him. But I think in the case of Hayne, Inu and Mateo, you would happily pay overs for these types of players because they attract crowds and publicity.(unfortunately not always good;-))

caylo

Bench
exactly, the guy will make a great centre if he's given good service. Just a pity he got suspended once Parra as a team got its act together ( Brisbane game).

I agree, Hayne killed it in the trials as a centre (playing on the right side) and then was moved to the left after Inu injury and struggled alot. This has prob alot to do with the King Cross incident and the team struggling but Hayne has shown some class in the centres. He always pokes his head out the other side, and is the best hole runner in the club.

I would have him back in the centres with no questions asked, he is the best outside back we have at the club. Play him on the wing and he will finish tries that no-one else in the club (maybe bar Inu) could finish, play him in the centres and he will create tries that no-one else in the club could create.

He has to be our Tahu of 07, and this whole he is playing badly is an over-reaction TBH. He has played better than Burt, Reddy, Grothe or Tautai in the first 10 rounds.

bartman

Immortal
He has to be our Tahu of 07, and this whole he is playing badly is an over-reaction TBH. He has played better than Burt, Reddy, Grothe or Tautai in the first 10 rounds.
He wants to be our Tahu of 08, but just hasn't been up to it.

He hasn't played better than Burt or Reddy, about the same as Tautai, and admittedly better than Grothe.

He might make a good first grade centre week in week out one day (eventually), but for the meantime he has to take one for the team and play where he's picked, which due purely to his own form, is now back on the wing. And he needs to start playing well there quite frankly (dominating), or he might risk be offloaded early to free up his hefty salary in 2010?

caylo

Bench
He wants to be our Tahu of 08, but just hasn't been up to it.

He hasn't played better than Burt or Reddy, about the same as Tautai, and admittedly better than Grothe.

He might make a good first grade centre week in week out one day (eventually), but for the meantime he has to take one for the team and play where he's picked, which due purely to his own form, is now back on the wing. And he needs to start playing well there quite frankly (dominating), or he might risk be offloaded early to free up his hefty salary in 2010?

Please read what I wrote, in the first 10 rounds he played better than Tautai, Reddy (he was playing bad, very bad) and Burt. Even against Brisbane he prob played better than Inu, it was only for Inu late two tries (and one was a walk over) that everyone appluded Inu performance. Hayne set off 3 times to set up his outside man but 2 times was called back.

Hayne has been there to lift the team, put big hits on and generally his defence has been good throughout the whole year. He was balmed for tautai coming in off his wing early, and for hodges making him look stupid (which he has done to every centre including Tahu).

We would have betten cronulla with Hayne IMO, and we would have smashed Melbourne with Hayne IMO. He should be playing at right centre (not left) because that suits his palm, and allows him to get outside his man easier.

If Hayne isn't in #4 in the next 2 week hagen has NFI. Reddy has been solid, and scored some good tries, Hayne is a freak and out best outside back. He should be our go to man, our Gasnier, our Hodges our Inglus. He is strong, and has great footwork, but also is a smart player. Say what you want but you will never convince me that Reddy is half the player Hayne is, even thou i rate Reddy highly (our best winger IMO)

Latest posts