What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams vs Knights

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Mapp, Bailey(in centres) and Simmo are my only concerns. I am really starting to like our depth in PL!!!

Thomo.

First Grade
beeks is right, that'll be the make up for the squad barring injury. bails is a short term thing till vagana is back. i pretty much expected that to be the side.

SS - yeah ive heard soooo much about Luke Douglas, but i shall have to keep my eye out this year.

if latu comes off the bench, he could spark something. raper must be trying the sully connection again. predictable really...

our forwards need to be strong this year to ensure we get anywhere. stevo was good for us to the end. hopefully ross can bring something. but definitely need the other forwards to shin, hutch can go missing and his defense is questionaable at times.

Kurt Puhotara is a gunn and ive said so last year. one to watch. thats if he's got priorities straight in life

fizman

Bench
If that is the side, I will give up now because quite frankly, that is a disgraceful football team. And let me also add, that with the unsettling situation of Coaching movements, THIS is the year that we could win the Premiership.

Thomo.

First Grade
mapp, ive really got concerns about this bloke, nothing has been indicated by people who have seen him play for Clydesdales that he has anything. why o why?

tye

Juniors
Give him a go before we start giving it to him...give him a chance he hasnt played a game for us yet.

Thomo.

First Grade
tye, no probs, i'll take your point of view on board, but i haven't heard great raving reports at all from qlders/broncos supporters.

i hope he does turn out alright.

Quigs

Immortal
Firstly I'd like to say that I hope that come Mid October I am still pissed and still trying to wipe the egg off my face - if we win that thing called the competition.

Three weeks out and I just can't get excited. I hope I am bloody wrong.

Time will tell I guess.

Let us all enjoy the ride.....

Cheers
Quigs
0-top5.jpg

Thomo.

First Grade
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Is Bailey our stop gap centre (this worries me)

Hutch starting (hasnt raper learnt yet)

those two things worry me also. i'd like to see a young bloke get some experience in the centres so that we don't have to use the stop gap situation again throughout the year.

unless Hutch has improved fitness even further

coolumsharkie

Referee
Exactly Thomo_shark..

Bails in the centres? What a coaching masterstroke.

I think I've said this before but my prediction is thaT Forum members will scream for Albert at fullback by rnd 2, Raper to do it in round 22.

Nuffs

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Interesting that Tony Caine has jumped a few rungs up the ladder to be PL hooker. He's very highly rated down there.

i didn't think he would be re-signed, let alone start in PL

but if he plays better than he drinks, he'll be a mega-star

SirShire said:
Has Douglas shown anything from his trials?

He is talked up like he is the Messiah of front rowers for the club, yet the only time I've seen him deliver has been in the wee hours at Carmens.

:lol:

i rate douglas well ahead of selmes. so i'm happy with douglas being given a crack at first grade. although i still think he's at least half a year away from being a "first-grader"

Fin077

Juniors
Heres their side as posted on their forum :

Captain_Fred
user_offline.gif

Juniors
rank0.gif

icon1.gif
Team List Coffs Harbour Trial Knights v Sharks
Quote:
Team List Coffs Harbour Trial Knights v Sharks

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

NEWCASTLE v CRONULLA AT COFFS HARBOUR

7.30PM SATURDAY, 25 FEBRUARY 2006

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS NRL TRIAL SQUAD

Coach: Michael Hagan
  1. Milton Thaiday
  2. Anthony Quinn
  3. Matt Gidley
  4. George Carmont
  5. Brian Carney
  6. Jarrod Mullen
  7. Kurt Gidley
  8. Josh Perry
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Craig Smith
  11. Steve Simpson
  12. Clint Newton
  13. Kirk Reynoldson
  14. Andrew Johns
  15. Adam Woolnough
  16. Dan Tolar
  17. Jesse Royal
  18. Todd Lowrie
  19. Reegan Tanner
  20. Riley Brown
  21. Dustin Cooper
  22. Brad Tighe

There's no way that Joey will risk himself in this game, right? Also, poor Carney, being stuck outside Carmont. Pretty good team overall, we should be able to easily win this one.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
fizman said:
If that is the side, I will give up now because quite frankly, that is a disgraceful football team. And let me also add, that with the unsettling situation of Coaching movements, THIS is the year that we could win the Premiership.

fizman, that very thought passed fleetingly through my consciousness.

Then I realised where I was and who we were thinking about.

beekershark

Bench
Pommery will come in if injury allows, but the chances of raper putting him in ahead of scott are very very slim all things being equal.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
beekershark said:
Pommery will come in if injury allows, but the chances of raper putting him in ahead of scott are very very slim all things being equal.

What was the point of paying all that money for him if he isn't going to play firsts?

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I can't remember how much I heard he was one, I remember thinking it was a heck of a lot for someone who has hardly played 1st grade, about 140K a year if I remember what I heard correctly (and if what I heard was correct).

If that's what he's on, it seems a lot to be paying a reserve grader.

Latest posts