What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ted Goodwin

Anonymous

Juniors
I think so. Benny Barrett knows a bit more about it.

In the meantime, here's some pics from 1977 and 2003:

1977_goodwin_rlw_0.jpg

1977_jjgiltinan_edgegoodwin.jpg

2003_11_25goodwin.jpg

Acka

Coach
I don' know but it would be a good idea, he is one of the greats and I have had the pleasure of meeting him too and he is a really top bloke as well.

Anonymous

Juniors
What I like about the above TV pic was that in 2003, the Ch9 sig still names him as 'Lord Ted'. A wonderful testimony after all these years.

Benny

First Grade
Um Ted was assistant coach for Saints Flegg side this season

I was involved with the sides in a small capacity and he is a very nice bloke and a good coach and the kids really respected him

If you have been viewing other forums you'll know there was a shape up with the junior rep teams (i haven't been around the traps to find out what happened but this is what i think went down and no idea where this leads Ted

Bob Kenning has been replaced as Matthews Cup Coach by someone from the Canterbury District (not sure of Bob's role but he was my more first ever coach and great to have in the district but getting on abit may be too old to take on the weeke to week competition)

Jason Donnelly has been replaced as SG Ball Coach by Shane Millard. Donnelly was only in first season and has successfully won 3 of the last 4 premierships with his Arncliffe Scotts sides including A Grade this season over Millard's Renown. Millard was former Saints Flegg and First Division Coach (nickname given to him by the Players was Magic, all players including Ricky Walford and Colin Ward say one of best coaches they've played under - i'd agree having played under him), is also the USA Tomahawkses National Coach, son Darryl plays Flegg for Saints

Reported Aaron Raper has replaced Tom McCaffre as Flegg coach. McCaffre will be assistant to Millard in Flegg and i feel McCaffre as a coach has the potential to go all the way in an assistants role which he is better suited but a great head coach in his own right (well he was when he coached me). Raper will also be on Browny's First Grade Coaching Squad

Hope that helps and hope teddy is still there somewhere!

Anonymous

Juniors
Coaching positions in the NRL and Premier League will be the same.

Steve Price will be the Flegg coach. His Assistant Coachs will be Mick Gillette and Justin Bailey.

SG Ball Coach will be Shane Millard.

Harold Matthews Cup Coach will be Tony Carson.

Cheers.

Benny

First Grade
Thanks Willow obviously you have been talking to the right people!

Any idea about the whole mess that was meant to have taken place?

Anonymous

Juniors
No Benny, when it comes to coaching stuff, I steer clear of the politics of it all. I find it helps keeping my sanity in check. :lol: