What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco fullback

MacDougall

First Grade
Seeing as Hayne is the incumbent centre and Stewart and Dugan are out, am I crazy bias in thinking that Tedesco is actually a damn good shot at snaking that fullback jersey in the form he's in? The hype is stepping right up and he's living up to it too.

soc123_au

Staff member
Let's not ruin another one. He certainly looks the goods though. I would like to see him keep improving for another season & he can stake his claim next year.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Reckon Hayne would go back with Jennings and Morris in the centres but he's pretty dam close.

That city jersey last year looking justified now.

MacDougall

First Grade
I mean. I would probably not pick him if I wasn't wearing my Tigers jersey but I actually think he's gonna get Dugan'd into the jersey off the back of media hype is more my point.

T.T

Juniors
how can blooding a young player in origin ruin them.. ridiculous thinking which needs to be changed

just because some players cant cope under high pressure does not mean origin ruins all young players

natheel

Coach
maybe even he could debut on the wing. Like Hayne he seems versatile. I'd still be giving Hayne his shot at fullback. Tedesco on the wing.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Let's wait and see how he handles the rest of the year and the opening rounds of next year.

But he is on his way.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not yet, a few would be ahead. 2 games in QLD- they won't go the risky option, not if you are changing the halves! That is almost giving the series away.

BennyV

Referee
On the wing for sure. Lets face it, outside of Brett Morris how many reliable wingers do we have? Start him now on the wing (left wing) and hell do his job as well as get experience for when he eventually takes the fullback position. I'd go with:

1. Dugan (assuming he gets back to full strength well, can't beat his kick returns and good backing up)
2. Tedesco
3. Jennings (needs a decent half to get him some good space)
4. Hayne (was a revelation in the WC at centre, formed a great combo with BMoz)
5. Morris

With no Hodges this year, NSW definitely has a chance to win the battle of the backline. Just need halves that can create the opportunities for them, and, you know, not kick for themselves when we have a 5 man overlap...