What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Premiership Round 1 - Teams / Refs / Results

smeghead

Bench
1 Brett Hodgson ©
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dean Collis
4 Paul Whatuira
5 Jason Moodie
6 Benji Marshall
7 John Morris
8 Todd Payten
9 Robbie Farah
10 Bryce Gibbs
11 Ben Galea
12 Chris Heighington
13 Dene Halatau

14 Liam Fulton
15 Daniel Fitzhenry
16 Bronson Harrison
17 Keith Galloway
18 Danny Galea

Source (Wests Tigers Web Site)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
VictorTheViking said:
As much as i hate the bulldogs and some of their supporters, that was a bit below the belt wasnt it?
Dude... it's Raider.

:lol:

ocko

juniors
Raider_69 said:
Not at all, the only reason we are regarded as having a poor squad is because the sydney media go the easy route, instead of doing their research and writting an article on how talented some of our boys are, they write about how we're full of no names. So in turn the public, whom are easily minipulated go on believing this... I was simply making a point that the same media publications have gone the easy route with Dodge's team, the Bulldogs and recently have been shown up for the amatures they are.

point of the story: dont believe everything you read

there are some good players at the raiders...todd carney is good, some of the outisde backs are alright, guys like thompson, tongue, withers and miller in the forwards are good. But you compare them to the guys other teams ahve got, and they don't stack up.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
aussies1st said:
Tuiaki didn't see him in the predicted Tigers lineup.

He was on the bench in the predicted line-up.

Will move to the second-row when Fitzhenry comes off the bench to play wing, I'd imagine.

Lime_Green

Juniors
ocko said:
there are some good players at the raiders...todd carney is good, some of the outisde backs are alright, guys like thompson, tongue, withers and miller in the forwards are good. But you compare them to the guys other teams ahve got, and they don't stack up.

Alan Tongue achieved the all time tackling record last year and was the highest try scoring forward in the league. He was also, incidentally, nominated for lock of the year.

He doesn't stack up?

ocko

juniors
he does. but he's only one player.

would thompson and miller count as some of the best props in the game? likewise with carney at 5/8 and withers at hooker?

Lowdown

Juniors
Marshall_magic said:
Not as scary as I thought, definately beatable

What WERE you thinking, then? It's basically a full strength squad with the exception of Turner and Adam Blair.

Then I look at your team:

1 Brett Hodgson ©
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dean Collis
4 Paul Whatuira
5 Jason Moodie
6 Benji Marshall
7 John Morris
8 Todd Payten
9 Robbie Farah
10 Bryce Gibbs
11 Ben Galea
12 Chris Heighington
13 Dene Halatau

14 Liam Fulton
15 Daniel Fitzhenry
16 Bronson Harrison
17 Keith Galloway
18 Danny Galea

[...Licks lips, and smiles]

nqboy

First Grade
skeepe said:
You know what? You're right. Tell Sonny Bill to f**k off out of the centres. :sarcasm:
And as for Li'l Willie alternating between prop and second row, well, don't get me started...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Brad Joyce said:
For those who haven't been informed, we at the Vodafone Warriors, not the NZ Warriors as we were last year, the 'NZ' has finally been taken from out identity (about time too).

I can see this is going to take some time for people to adjust, especially some of the media outlets.
Where is Vodafone?

Seriously, Each team represents an area, so where is Vodafone?

smeghead

Bench
Lowdown said:
What WERE you thinking, then? It's basically a full strength squad with the exception of Turner and Adam Blair.

Then I look at your team:

1 Brett Hodgson ©
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dean Collis
4 Paul Whatuira
5 Jason Moodie
6 Benji Marshall
7 John Morris
8 Todd Payten
9 Robbie Farah
10 Bryce Gibbs
11 Ben Galea
12 Chris Heighington
13 Dene Halatau

14 Liam Fulton
15 Daniel Fitzhenry
16 Bronson Harrison
17 Keith Galloway
18 Danny Galea

[...Licks lips, and smiles]

Arrogance is a dangerous thing. Than again if you loose you will follow the Storm trend and dissapear from these forums for a few days

Jono Russell

Bench
sorry if this has been said but the Sharks site has the ref and touchies named

Referee: Jarrod Maxwell; Touch Judges: Paul Holland & Jason Walsh

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
which area does the 'bulldogs' represent? its no longer the canterbury bulldogs. This is stupid IMO, i reckon the dogs should relocate to the CC, altho that will never happen and the Vodafone warriors should be called just that until a wellington team arrives.

Lime_Green

Juniors
ocko said:
he does. but he's only one player.

would thompson and miller count as some of the best props in the game? likewise with carney at 5/8 and withers at hooker?

Thompson, yes I think so. He's very underrated. A lot of clubs were chasing him last year before he resigned.

Carney, hell yeah! He's going to play Origin, mark my words.

Withers? hmm. You may have a point there, the jury is out.

Miller? Still early in his career, it's hard to say where he's going to end up, I wouldn't call him one of our front line forwards. What about Neville Costigan, Michael Weyman, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs? You don't rate them?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Presto will kill it a fullback, wingers get bombs not fullbacks, does nobody watch anymore.
Hilder will be great @ 5/8, his defence is outstanding, and with Prince inside calling the shots it will prove a good combo, especially with Presto bobbing up.

Good side from "Hoss".

Hunt @ half, about freakin time.

Latest posts