What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Premiership Round 2 - All the info

Ghoulies

Bench
aussies1st said:
Is Ennis injured? Surely he should have been ahead of John Te Reo.
Bennett seems to have concerns over Ennis' fitness levels/confidence.

I'm sure Te Reo will make a good go of his opportunity; he was the Clydies' player of the year in '06 iirc.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
Bennett seems to have concerns over Ennis' fitness levels/confidence.

I'm sure Te Reo will make a good go of his opportunity; he was the Clydies' player of the year in '06 iirc.

I don't care how Ennis' confidence is, we will struggle to win as we now don't have a damn kicker! Dumb move. Get on the Warriors 13+ as a result!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A few of your players have varied kicking skills, get a grip.

Timmah

Staff member
For reasons you don't know. Grow up and wait for an explanation. You don't know everything.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
as much as i dislike his usual demeanour, most of us are entilted to a whinge everynow and then... i mean Locky's is about ennis not beng in the team, on past occasion yours has been about threads not going strictly on topic.

Timmah

Staff member
He's acting as if he knows the reason why Ennis isn't playing - and he doesn't. He's sooking and chucking a tanty about him not being in the team, when he has no idea why.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Timmah said:
For reasons you don't know. Grow up and wait for an explanation. You don't know everything.

Well he can't be in that bad form, played well in the WCC and then he played last week. For crying out loud, I like Karmichael Hunt but he should not have to worry about goalkicking on top of trying to play a new position! Ennis is a much better kicker and frankly we are going to have to score 2 times the amount of tries as we don't have a kicker. This combined with the fact we struggle to score tries without Lockyer at the best of times!

Timmah

Staff member
FMD.

He could have personal reasons, he could be carrying a niggling injury.

Get off his freakin back and read the text that's being written.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He played last week, how the f**k does he have a injury. Barring a dead miracle he will be named this week in the Qld Cup. Personal reasons, well that is laughable, if there were personal reasons the club would have said so most likely. I am not bagging Ennis anyway, I am blaming Bennett for being stupid. We will be LUCKY to score 4 tries without Lockyer per match. We need most of those converted to have any chance. Hunt is not a recognised kicker and I would not be banking on him kicking all 4 of those!

Shorty

Staff member
I'd try and relax a bit Locky,the game hasn't been played yet so don't go all knights like and think you're doomed just because Lockyer isn't in the team.

Hunt needs to be confident in his goal kicking,wouldn't you rather it be now then later in the comp?
You don't even know how he'll go,he's not a bad kicker at all.
I don't understand why Ennis isn't in the team,who knows.

Meanwhile,I really wish Cartright would stop putting Preston at fullback,I understand what he's trying to do but he's not a fullback he doesn't play like one either.

Timmah

Staff member
Saints bombed the crap out of him on Sunday and it paid off... silly decision again by Carto.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cowgirl86 said:
I'd try and relax a bit Locky,the game hasn't been played yet so don't go all knights like and think you're doomed just because Lockyer isn't in the team.

Hunt needs to be confident in his goal kicking,wouldn't you rather it be now then later in the comp?
You don't even know how he'll go,he's not a bad kicker at all.
I don't understand why Ennis isn't in the team,who knows.

Meanwhile,I really wish Cartright would stop putting Preston at fullback,I understand what he's trying to do but he's not a fullback he doesn't play like one either.

Agreed on Campbell. I would have put Hilder at centre, rogers at fullback and then had preston and prince in the halves.

As for Lockyer being out- well I am happy he is out now rather than Round 20. Still doesn't make it any more right that we are putting a guy who hasn't kicked before as our first choice kicker away from home. I would rather have Ennis at hooker, berrigan in the centres, moon at 5/8th. Hunt can have some kicks but i'd rather him not be our first choice one going into a match as we do flat out struggle to score tries without our primary playmaker, as most other teams would as well.

RABK

Referee
Raider_69 said:
awesome news for joe picker, really keen to see how he handles the step up, ive got a big wrap on him.

:LOL:

Joe Picker? What in the blue hell is a Joe Picker? Never in my life heard or read anything about him.

Sounds like some random council worker the Raiders have pulled out of the pub and given a jersey. What's his contract - $15, a pie and two beers a match?

:LOL:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Red and Blue Knight said:
:lol:

Joe Picker? What in the blue hell is a Joe Picker? Never in my life heard or read anything about him.

Sounds like some random council worker the Raiders have pulled out of the pub and given a jersey. What's his contract - $15, a pie and two beers a match?

:lol:
:lol:!!! Maybe three beers if he has an exceptional game ;-)

Hell, I think the Raiders should change their name from the Canberra Raiders to the Canberra Bunnings. Most of the bloody names in that team sound like hedgetrimmers, lawnmowers and (in Joe's case if he's not a council worker), a type of cherry picker.