What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Stadium to hold Australia's Tri-Nations match

***MH***

Bench
just do what rugby do for the bledisloe cup and pay out selective schools and northern shore business companies, keep 80% of the tickets for their private use and sell the remaining 20% at an outrageous pricing standard to the public. guaranteed sell out!

Woods99

Juniors
***MH*** said:
just do what rugby do for the bledisloe cup and pay out selective schools and northern shore business companies, keep 80% of the tickets for their private use and sell the remaining 20% at an outrageous pricing standard to the public. guaranteed sell out!

I heard that the 80% of tickets are actually paid for by rich rugby union followers, and then given to ordinary people who are PAID to attend.

Some of the paying spectators are supposed to fly here from New Zealand! How unlikely is that!

Incidentally, I have definite information that the moon landing was a fake.

t-ba

Post Whore
Woods99 said:
I heard that the 80% of tickets are actually paid for by rich rugby union followers, and then given to ordinary people who are PAID to attend.

Some of the paying spectators are supposed to fly here from New Zealand! How unlikely is that!

Incidentally, I have definite information that the moon landing was a fake.

Welcome Wamberal :nwave: .

taipan

Referee
About time think big ,and you will get bigger.Think small and you will stagnate. Good move IMO.

But ARL please promote the backside out of it !

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I don't think the plan is for it to be a success straight away.

The idea it to plant a seed in people's minds that Telstra Stadium is the venue for the big RL events.

RU proved this by placing tests in Subiaco, over and over again, even though the spectacle was always p*ss poor.

The event was built up continuously and more and more come.

Australia will have games there in 2006, then a world cup in 2008. The plan is to build up a culture of big RL games at Telstra Stadium.

If done successfully up to 2008, we'll get 80,000 for the WC final, and that prestige wise would kick the sh*t out of the rah-rahs

Woods99

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
I don't think the plan is for it to be a success straight away.

The idea it to plant a seed in people's minds that Telstra Stadium is the venue for the big RL events.

RU proved this by placing tests in Subiaco, over and over again, even though the spectacle was always p*ss poor.

The event was built up continuously and more and more come.

Australia will have games there in 2006, then a world cup in 2008. The plan is to build up a culture of big RL games at Telstra Stadium.

If done successfully up to 2008, we'll get 80,000 for the WC final, and that prestige wise would kick the sh*t out of the rah-rahs

I hope that the next rugby league World Cup is a success. It would be wonderful if it can draw as many overseas spectators as the RU World Cup, and the Lions tour.

It is actually possible to prefer one code, without wanting the other to fail.

Believe it or not.

Moffo

Referee
We really need an innovative way to move the tickets as we won't sell it out off normal promotion

I would advocate a PR exercise with the schoolkids across Sydney that ties in with the kids2kangaroos promotions. Give em 20k tickets

That leaves us with 60k

Make the first 10k tickets sold to the GF a double ticket where you get entry to the test as well

That leaves us with 50k

Sell 10k tickets through vodafone to the kiwi supporters so there is a genuine atmosphere

That leaves us with 40k

Take out 5,000 members

We can sell 35k, that would be about right

taipan

Referee
Woods99 said:
I hope that the next rugby league World Cup is a success. It would be wonderful if it can draw as many overseas spectators as the RU World Cup, and the Lions tour.

It is actually possible to prefer one code, without wanting the other to fail.

Believe it or not.

So we have established that you are not Mike Carlton,Spiros Zavos,Peter FitzSimons,good start.

Jeffles

Bench
Is it true that the Australian cricket team is playing a Test against the Rest of the World that weekend at the SCG?

I think this game would've been better served in Melbourne.

hutch

First Grade
Moffo said:
We really need an innovative way to move the tickets as we won't sell it out off normal promotion

I would advocate a PR exercise with the schoolkids across Sydney that ties in with the kids2kangaroos promotions. Give em 20k tickets

That leaves us with 60k

Make the first 10k tickets sold to the GF a double ticket where you get entry to the test as well

That leaves us with 50k

Sell 10k tickets through vodafone to the kiwi supporters so there is a genuine atmosphere

That leaves us with 40k

Take out 5,000 members

We can sell 35k, that would be about right

i really like this idea, this would ensure a big crowd as well as a making a profit which is also important. i think we could sell 40k alone without handouts, but if it ensures a full house which would be unbelievable, i think we should go with something like moffos idea.

but we wont, there will be no promotion, no ads on tv, papers etc. we all know the drill.

ali

Bench
My email to the NRL was forwarded to the marketing department. So hopefully they will mention this match a few times at the Origin.

Woods99

Juniors
taipan said:
So we have established that you are not Mike Carlton,Spiros Zavos,Peter FitzSimons,good start.

Do I sound rich?

I played both codes, but don't like bullsh*t from either side.

Copa

Bench
Woods99 said:
Copa,

You guys are not afraid of a little debate every now and then, surely?
Debate is great .... but at a certain point debate evolves into something that belongs in TFC.

THis part of the forum isn't as well used as the other areas so mindless trolling doesn't get washed away as quickly as it would in the busier areas... it sticks around and ruins good threads..

oh... and... welcome.

taipan

Referee
Woods99 said:
Do I sound rich?

I played both codes, but don't like bullsh*t from either side.

What is rich supposed to sound like? I also played both codes,and tell it like it is
which sometimes offends some union followers.If they cant handle the truth its not my problem.

Choppies

Coach
Im there.

If your in Sydney dont let anything stop you from coming to this.
Hell even DIEHARDS coming and hes making the trek from Brisbane.

Latest posts