What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Stadium to hold Australia's Tri-Nations match

Choppies

Coach
Moffo said:
We really need an innovative way to move the tickets as we won't sell it out off normal promotion

I would advocate a PR exercise with the schoolkids across Sydney that ties in with the kids2kangaroos promotions. Give em 20k tickets

That leaves us with 60k

Make the first 10k tickets sold to the GF a double ticket where you get entry to the test as well

That leaves us with 50k

Sell 10k tickets through vodafone to the kiwi supporters so there is a genuine atmosphere

That leaves us with 40k

Take out 5,000 members

We can sell 35k, that would be about right
Moffo get a job in NRL marketing Thats a f**kn great Idea.

hutch

First Grade
this will be the first test ive been to since australia v france at parra stadium, cant remember the year but it was absolutely chockers. i think every junior league team in oz got free handouts, everybody i know was there :)

southsman

Juniors
Can't wait to see a Tri Nations game in Sydney. Over the moon with the choice of venue and can't wait to support my country. Hope the kiwi's have Sony Bill, Prichard and Benji Marshall all playing and healthy. Heard Gualavo is out for the season .. Sorry about the spelling.

I'm there!! this will be a great chance to show some of my mates a great game of rep footy, out of my friends we are pretty much split 50-50 League and Union but we tend to go to watch either code if there is a big game on, now here's hoping New Zealand name a half decent team!

Jeffles

Bench
The Australia v Rest of World Test is on at the SCG from October 14-19.

I cannot believe no one else is concerned by this scheduling.

Moffo

Referee
Jeffles it could be a concern but ultimately if we can market it well enough we can attract those interstaters who come down for the cricket

Got in touch with John Brady from the NRL and he has passed on my suggestion to the marketing department

Heritage XIII

Juniors
I think the ARL has made a big blunder. The cricket match will mark their season as started and people will turn off the footy...hope I'm wrong. Melbourne should have received this game.

DIEHARD

----
Heritage XIII said:
I think the ARL has made a big blunder. The cricket match will mark their season as started and people will turn off the footy...hope I'm wrong. Melbourne should have received this game.

Surely we could play our match on a different day?

What days is the cricket being played?

Jeffles

Bench
Cricket is 14-19 October.

The Test has to be on 15 or 16 October.

I'm still going to the RL. But if people in a position where they can only afford one or the other (especially families) - they may go for the cricket. Anzac Tests are on all the time. Australia v Rest of the World is once every 30 years!

Ari Gold

Bench
Hmmmm..... but the test will be played at night, the cricket will be in the day....

which makes me think.....why dont they sell 2 for 1 tickets at the The ROW game?

Take 30% off the price of the ticket if they go to both games.....or whatever, im not into marketing or anything so wouldn't really know what the best option would be....but doesn't seem like such a bad plan.

Balmain_Boy

S***. Would have made a lot more sense to at least play at the SFS. Then they could entice in people leaving the cricket. This is very much a blunder.

Jeffles

Bench
The traffic problems of getting out of the SCG at the same time as the SFS was probably a good reason not to play the game at thta time at Moore Park. As for the cricket, Tests are more "family friendly" than one dayers so I don't think it's a fair comparison.

I'm pretty sure this cricket test will sell out. It is a big occassion. It is a big ask of the ARL to match the event. But if RL is the big sport we all say it is, it is a task that is not impossible. This is a gettable challenge for the ARL.

I'll go to both events.

Lantana

Juniors
I am supporting this massively, however if everybody doesn't get out and support it then we could be lookng at a situation where both Cricket and Soccer sell out Internationals in a city where RL is 'supposed' to be the Number 1 sport.
We need at least 60 - 70K for this to not get rubbished in the media.

Big Bunny

Juniors
I want to see each NRL club given 5000 tickets to the game, with those then translating to rewards for the club should they be sold. 16 clubs (including Gold Coast) selling 5000 each would translate into 80,000 tickets. If 30-50% profits for the game go back to the clubs via such a scheme then they certainly would sell.

If anything I'm angry that such a motion hasn't already been picked up. It's just so bloody obvious.

hutch

First Grade
we have to sell this game out, or at least get close. there have been a number of geat ideas. i agree, i think the clubs could get involved somehow, or members of clubs could get 2 for 1 tickets. every week in sydney more than 80000 people attend rugby league games, and millions watch it on tv. if promoted enough, surely we could fill the stadium. the game needs to be advertised, it should be advertised already. we cant expect all the tickets to be snapped up in the week after the grand final, they need to be bought now. i still havnt seen any advertisements for the tri nations.

Jeffles

Bench
If you give money to the clubs that's just less money to the ARL (who are in an inferior position to raise funds relative to fund necessary for their appropriate function).

On the other hand the clubs could provide the League with more money than they would've hoped for without the help of the clubs. Either way, I don't want club involvement to short change the League.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Jeffles said:
If you give money to the clubs that's just less money to the ARL (who are in an inferior position to raise funds relative to fund necessary for their appropriate function).

On the other hand the clubs could provide the League with more money than they would've hoped for without the help of the clubs. Either way, I don't want club involvement to short change the League.

Excluding the clubs from a guaranteed 30% of bugger all isn't very good business sense. Inviting the clubs to double the amount of revenue, whilst giving them a return at 30% of face value is great no matter how you look at it. Why would you protect something that gives little return? I'd rather the risk of involving the clubs, even if it were by contract, ensuring that the ARL and RLIF still get their slice. The NRL should be used as the valuable tool that it is. There's no point in ignoring a resource because you're afraid of its power.

Latest posts