What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

LatK7

First Grade
Not sure if anyone caught it, but Medvedev played some great tennis this morning. His improvement this year has been great to see. Hopefully he can begin to bring it in bo5.

LatK7

First Grade
Kyrgios has a great opportunity to go deep with his draw. Rublev a danger match though, guy’s been in good form.

Djokovic looked to shake off any concerns with his shoulder today. Should beat Stan, with perhaps a tight set or two. I think if he overcomes a spirited Stan he’ll go on to win the whole thing.

Valheru

Coach
Kyrgios has a great opportunity to go deep with his draw. Rublev a danger match though, guy’s been in good form.

Djokovic looked to shake off any concerns with his shoulder today. Should beat Stan, with perhaps a tight set or two. I think if he overcomes a spirited Stan he’ll go on to win the whole thing.

Agreed

NK has a real chance to go deep here. He looks super focused.

The tournament organisers love him too. They put him on Arthur Ashe for a first round doubles match in prime time.

Apey

Staff member
Stan the Man has Djokovic retired. Big chance for him as well as Nadal/Federer.

LatK7

First Grade
Wow, I'm surprised Stan was able to play like that again after the drama with his knees. He just loves that rhythm Djokovic gives him. Masterful performance.

Nadal & Federer know it's game on. It'd be incredible if they could finally meet at the USO after all these years. Still, a long way to go.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Given that Nadal is now Federer's pigeon away from clay I can't see Roger giving up this opportunity now.

All the disappointment from Wimbledon will have melted away into a massive jolt of energy & determination when Djoker lost to Stan.

In contrast Nadal is just so passive on return, standing so far back. I can see Federer crushing him in 3 sets should they meet in the final.

LatK7

First Grade
Given that Nadal is now Federer's pigeon away from clay I can't see Roger giving up this opportunity now.

All the disappointment from Wimbledon will have melted away into a massive jolt of energy & determination when Djoker lost to Stan.

In contrast Nadal is just so passive on return, standing so far back. I can see Federer crushing him in 3 sets should they meet in the final.

Federer hasn't had great luck at the USO in recent years, but most of it has been injury related. It's a long way to go for a 38yo towards the end of a season. Still some sloppy play (particularly his serve) that a redlining opponent will be able to take advantage of. I still remember WTF 2017 when he lost to Goffin. No one saw that coming. That said, so far he looks fit and his ball striking is much better than this time last year.

If he gets through Dimitrov & improves in the SF then he may be timing his run beautifully. Still...a long, long way to go. Stan/Medvedev will also give it everything.

Should the two meet here (still amazing it's never happened), it will be interesting to see if Nadal can come up with an answer to Fed's revised game. Fed's strategy is still high risk so it could break down, but Nadal shouldn't count on it.

LatK7

First Grade
Well that ended quickly. Fed lost his timing and then just stopped moving his feet. Physio call is worrying, he may have to take some time off. A real shame. Congrats to Dimitrov, didn't fade away...

Tommy Smith

Referee
So both Djoker and Fed cruelled by injuries.

The slam race is now officially 20-19-16.

Rafa will equal Federer at the French Open and I can see him powering ahead to 22 or 23 tbh.

He deserves it for being so ruthless and always disposing of anyone not named Federer or Djokovic away from clay.

Apey

Staff member
Haha please, Nadal will choke to someone no doubt just to upset me further for following him.

LatK7

First Grade
Haha please, Nadal will choke to someone no doubt just to upset me further for following him.

No way. This is a carbon copy of 2017 where the draw evaporated, there were no threats left & Nadal won it comfortably. No one left in the draw matches up well against Nadal. Only Djokovic & Federer do these days.

The slam lead will be tied after RG 2020 & I think nadal will have the outright lead at the very latest after RG 2021.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No way. This is a carbon copy of 2017 where the draw evaporated, there were no threats left & Nadal won it comfortably. No one left in the draw matches up well against Nadal. Only Djokovic & Federer do these days.

The slam lead will be tied after RG 2020 & I think nadal will have the outright lead at the very latest after RG 2021.

Mededev can easily give him trouble.

LatK7

First Grade
Mededev can easily give him trouble.

Nadal murdered him in Canada a few weeks ago and exposed his game. He's certainly on a good run, but he looks held together by tape at this point. I'd be very surprised if he took more than a set off Nadal.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Nadal murdered him in Canada a few weeks ago and exposed his game. He's certainly on a good run, but he looks held together by tape at this point. I'd be very surprised if he took more than a set off Nadal.

The Canadian surface is very different not fussed though as long as Federer loses I’m happy

Latest posts