Tennis

Discussion in 'Other Sport and Pastimes' started by AusKnightRKO, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Coach

New Yorkers come across as the biggest merkins in the world.

Am I right?

2. Apey

Apey Moderator Staff Member

This merkin is going to kill me. At work and can't watch. Watching it flick back between AD and deuce ugh.

3. LatK7

LatK7 First Grade

Nadal looked rattled and passive, had to be his worst/nerviest display in a major final but it was enough to get through. Congrats to him.

Medvedev can go on to do great things. I hope he remains healthy and improves from here.

4. Danish

Danish Referee

New Yorkers saving grace is they wear their merkinness on their sleeves.

Californians are way worse. Complete frauds. Especially those in San Francisco where I live now

5. Apey

I feel like of the big 3, Nadal lets the slam counts weigh on his mind the most. As a fan it feels like he's never truly got his confidence back from those injury ravaged years in 15/16.

6. LatK7

LatK7 First Grade

Completely agree, aside from Roland Garros which he has in the bag for at least one more year.

Nadal's been extremely consistent the past few seasons & really only gone down to Federer & Djokovic. Most of the tour still struggle against him, so with Fed at a very advanced age and Djokovic's questionable elbow/shoulder, the Spaniard might see more Grand Slam success off clay.

7. Apey

I hope Medvedev doesn't disappear into irrelevance like some other next-gen hopefuls like Zverez and Kyrgios.

8. LatK7

LatK7 First Grade

Seems to not let much bother him mentally, so he's a long way ahead of the two useless generations that have come through. If anything it's his grinding style that will do him in...but we said the same thing about Nadal and he's won 19 majors :)