What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

LatK7

First Grade
Well I wasn’t quite expecting that. Tough stuff from Thiem.

Djokovic very inconsistent and a bit rattled. He should switch back on after this blip.

Apey

Staff member
I'm genuinely surprised veterans like Nadal and Djokovic got so rattled after time violations.

Apey

Staff member
Djokovic ain't losing this.

I see the GOAT triangle as almost a contest to see who can outlast the other. The last one remaining will have a real chance to win every Grand Slam until they too finally retire, since the turnips currently below them are mostly cannon fodder. The youngest active player to have one a Grand Slam is turning 32 this year. A generation where a tennis hating clown act like Kyrgios is perennially talked up as a slam chance, yet last made a QF five years back.

Almost like the Hellfish bonanza episode from the Simpsons - one of them will be the final one standing and with the chance to have a clear run at the loot, though not for too long.
Even before this match started, thiem looks the best of next gen. If he wins this I reckon he can topple Nadal at French.

King hit

Coach
Even before this match started, thiem looks the best of next gen. If he wins this I reckon he can topple Nadal at French.
He is a freakish player. Did you see him against Nadal where he slipped over and got back up and won the rally

LatK7

First Grade
I still think Djokovic wins this, but this drop in form will only become more frequent for Djokovic as time goes by.

Bazal

Post Whore
I still think Djokovic wins this, but this drop in form will only become more frequent for Djokovic as time goes by.

Yeah, I think he looks sick or fatigued or something. His form has been on all tournament, seems unlikely it's gone two days later

LatK7

First Grade
You just knew Thiem was going to collapse there. That'll probably be the match with a big reversal in form coming at the worst possible time for Thiem.

LatK7

First Grade
Not good enough from Thiem. He looks gassed.

Djokovic not doing too much with the ball now. Working well. Recovered just in time to come through with this one.