What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Tommy Smith

Referee
Wow what an epic choke this is from Thiem. About half a dozen unforced errors to gift the 4th set and now the break in the 5th.

The next genners remain mental midgets in comparison to the big 3 - particularly Novak who is an immovable object.

LatK7

First Grade
Wow what an epic choke this is from Thiem. About half a dozen unforced errors to gift the 4th set and now the break in the 5th.

The next genners remain mental midgets in comparison to the big 3 - particularly Novak who is an immovable object.

Yeah, he's dropped too many levels. The big 3 know it's not coming so easily any more, but the difference mentally is still huge.

In the big moments, Novak and Nadal play low risk tennis and ask them "can you beat me?" and the answer is almost always "No".

Nadal yes, but Novak? I dunno. Still plays aggressive and takes enough risks. He just seems to go into this zone where he turns full on robot that other players can't simply cannot reach.

LatK7

First Grade
Thiem gave it everything, but it came down to the first serve wobbles when it mattered most. He'll make sure the big 3 never do it too comfortably again. Congrats to Djokovic. Survived a huge scare.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Congrats to the GoaT.

At the end of the 4th and 5th sets Thiem poured in the wild unforced errors. Novak knew he only had to batten down the hatches in those moments.

A tremendous tournament from Thiem and you feel as though the French Open could well be his time.

Either that or in the key moments of a final vs Nadal he'll crumble whilst Rafa rises to the top, again.

LatK7

First Grade
Congrats to the GoaT.

At the end of the 4th and 5th sets Thiem poured in the wild unforced errors. Novak knew he only had to batten down the hatches in those moments.

A tremendous tournament from Thiem and you feel as though the French Open could well be his time.

Either that or in the key moments of a final vs Nadal he'll crumble whilst Rafa rises to the top, again.

I think his chances of winning the AO against Djokovic are better than Nadal at RG, but he'll continue to have chances at both. I think Thiem can best Djokovic again at the French and possibly at the USO.

Very frustrating that Thiem overplayed and produced errors when he did...he had the chance to go up a break in the fourth. You just wonder whether this will be a Wawrinka like awakening (AO/USO '13) or as good as it gets for him.

Wizardman

First Grade
Congrats to the GoaT.

Nadal is a different beast on the clay of Roland Garros. I do feel Theim will give that a hell of a shake though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Next Gen know how to disappoint.

Different kettle of fish beating these top 3 over 5 sets than 3. It’s why Head yo head stats are just dumb it’s easier to smack some winners for an hour or so but harder to do it for 4

lockyno1

Post Whore
Nadal is a different beast on the clay of Roland Garros. I do feel Theim will give that a hell of a shake though.

Depends on the draw. Wouldn’t want to have to go through Nadal in the semi and most tunes it’s 1 v4, and 2 v 3. Thiem is now world number 3.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Harsh. Not really a choke. Was outplayed in the 4th and 5th and he’s against the greatest returner the game has ever seen. Thiem served unbelievable tonight and Novak was still getting it back with interest too

LatK7

First Grade
Yep he’ll have the Slam record by next year

Possible. Needs four more for outright lead, assuming Nadal stays on 20 post RG.

I think he has 20 by EOY 2021. Two two-slam seasons sounds about right. There’s just no young ATG there to stop them.

Latest posts