What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

LatK7

First Grade
Medvedev just missing too many first serves when it matters. Djokovic should win this in straights, but it doesn't look comfortable.

Apey

Staff member
New gen are largely mental midgets in comparison to the greats. Few games Djokovic has been there for the taking.

edabomb

First Grade
Ditching this before Djokovic convinces himself he's on death's door and gives us 30 minutes of performance art.

Yes I mentioned earlier the two past gens have been the worst I've ever seen. I stand by it. Dreadful.

With 'King' Kyrgios being the posterboy of them all. All fart and absolutely no shit. Throwing at barbs at someone like Djokovic..... lol

Guy needs to f**k up and wean himself off his mother's teat. Deadbeat Instagram Tiktok generation

Apey

Staff member
1st game 3rd set, couple of break points and he absolutely throws them away. Jesus.

LatK7

First Grade
The thing is when Sampras/Agassi blinked as they were getting older Safin, Hewitt, etc jumped all over them. When Federer got older and blinked Nadal & Djokovic were there to pounce...Djokovic has given opportunities to Thiem, Zverev and now Medvedev and they can't even put a ball in court when it matters.

I think it was Federer who said the big 3 were inflating their slam totals. No wonder why. Weakest era of all time.

Apey

Staff member
Zverev is the worst of the lot in that regard.

Djokovic hasn't been bad by any stretch but he hasnt been at his best either. Just doing what he needs to.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Who? Kyrgios?

Sure.... if you like some novelty sideshow to the main game. When it comes to the serious stuff, he's not even in the frame. The same entertainment value as watching a car crash.
The most naturally talented player ive ever seen and he's fun as f**k, that includes all the insanity. After his shit talking of Novak I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat the GOAT next time they play.

Wizardman

First Grade
Medvedev will win a hardcourt slam one day, Thiem will win a clay court slam one day.....but both have to contend against two immovable objects for another few years.

The most naturally talented player ive ever seen and he's fun as f**k, that includes all the insanity. After his shit talking of Novak I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat the GOAT next time they play.

Talent means absolutely dick all in tennis. These guys now considered the GOATs aren't there because of talent. They're there because they have sacrificed and tirelessly dedicated their lives to this sport. Pushed themselves to their absolute limits to stay at the top and try to keep improving, to try and beat each other.

Personally, when I want humour I generally watch a funny comedian, not some lazy man-child tennis player. Shitrios beating a guy like Djokovic in some Mickey Mouse tournament means two fifths of f**k all - it's an utter disrespect to mention the guy in the same breath as Djokovic.

LatK7

First Grade
Probably one of the most disappointing slam finals in a while. Djokovic just did what he had to, was stronger in the big moments.

I'm surprised Medvedev didn't take some of those opportunities. Broke Djokovic first game of the second set, had break points on first service game of the third. He'll be livid.