1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Tennis

Discussion in 'Other Sport and Pastimes' started by AusKnightRKO, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Smug Panther

Smug Panther Juniors

Classic delusional Fedtard

2. Avenger

Avenger Referee

All Novak supporters have this look when dealing with Fed supporters. We face it all the time. Take that!!!!

3. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

Oof. Talk about embarrassment.

Fed has been a very good player, I'm a Novak fan (never even been to Serbia FYI) but certainly I don't get the parochial rubbish from certain parts of all three fanbases. All three are amazing players in their own right.

Fed has the personality of a roof tile though. Great player, just boring for mine. The Melbourne Storm of tennis, just without the cheating

4. saint.nick

saint.nick Coach

Don't you have an anti vaxxer rally to be pepper sprayed at?

Avenger likes this.
  5. saint.nick

saint.nick Coach

Federer's 'boring' personality is just a persona, he was known for having a wild personality in his youth.

But what's worse, a wooden personality, or an adulation-craving, anti vaxxer personality like Novak's? Hmmm....

6. Avenger

Avenger Referee

I’m getting the shot, so no I’m not.

saint.nick likes this.
  7. LatK7

LatK7 First Grade

The crowd there antagosnised him after the Roddick comments, he could've been playing anyone there and he'd cop it. As big a a c**k up that was from Fed, it was a post prime Fed blowing match point against Djokovic at his highest ever level. Considering he also beat Djokovic at the French that year, you've got to wonder how the two would fare in a true peak for peak bout. Unfortunately we never got to see it.

8. Avenger

Avenger Referee

Can we at least agree that Novak’s wife is hotter than the bloke that Federer is married to?

9. saint.nick

saint.nick Coach

Agree, but Mrs Federer used to be good way back in the day

10. LatK7

LatK7 First Grade

Mirka is doing pretty well after two sets of twins.

11. Avenger

Avenger Referee

Her name is now Mirko.

And so is Jelena. Have you seen the size of Stefan’s head?

12. LatK7

LatK7 First Grade

I'm sure he'll grow into it. Hopefully he turns out better than Grandpa.

13. Game_Breaker

Game_Breaker Coach

What I want to know is why does the great Rod Laver not get mentioned in GOAT debates

He dominated in his time and won 11 grand slams after not being allowed to play in a grand slam for the first 5 years of his career before the open era

14. LatK7

LatK7 First Grade

Agreed, he should be on anyone's short list at the very least. Incredible player, probably the most talented of all time. It may just be that a lot of time has passed and the game has changed, it'll happen to the big 3 eventually.

15. Avenger

Avenger Referee

16. Game_Breaker

Game_Breaker Coach

What’s the big deal?
    He had 2 match points and was frustrated for losing a semi final

17. LatK7

LatK7 First Grade

That was a really nice speech. I hope he can come back and play to his potential at a slam final soon. If he can make a few adjustments to his game (forecourt woes) and get his head right in big moments, he should be a contender at the AO and USO for a long while. Easier said than done with these kids though. My biggest worry for them is that they go the lost gen route, i.e. Raonic, Dimitrov, Nishikori, etc plateauing and getting injured.

18. Avenger

Avenger Referee

Some insights on Nole too. Nice to hear

19. Apey

Apey Moderator Staff Member

Reading comments from Djokovic's coach about the slam count race made me think that besides his body breaking down, Nadal dropping that 2018 Aus Open is going to hurt him most. Or maybe it just hurt me the most. merkin. I'd give Djokovic another RG title just to reverse that damn result.

Anyway assuming Nadal keeps winning the French Open until he retires, he'd need to jag the occasional US Open (his next most successful) to stay ahead of Djokovic. I feel like Djokovic has longevity on his side not just form.

Unfortunately I'm pretty much counting the Fed out. Not saying he can't win another but he won't be able to win as many as the other two.

20. LatK7

LatK7 First Grade

Do you mean 2019 AO, or the 2017 loss against Fed? Nadal won't ever win another set on hard court against Djokovic. It's a terrible match up for him since he slowed down after 2014.

Nadal has been very fortunate with the USO draws in 17/19, perhaps his luck will continue, but the USO does feel more open than any other slam. Wimbledon will work in Djokovic's favour, his serve has greatly improved, next gen are useless and especially on grass. It will be a wasteland soon, Fed/Nadal might have another good run in them but even now Nishikori and RBA made the last QF/SFs...the horror.

I'd say, presuming their bodies don't break down and without the prospect of any comparable talent (i.e. anything close to a young big 3 type), Nadal 2x RG with potential for a USO. Djokovic 2x AO, 1x USO, 2x Wimbledon. Fed's way too old & slow, but may pick up a Halle or Basel title.