What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Te'o Takes Control Of His Future

N.C.

Juniors
Ben T'eo: I deserved a spray

By Josh Massoud | June 30, 2008 12:00am

0,,6120831,00.jpg

Spray ... Ben T'eo (far right) is blasted by Chris Heighington. Photograph: Gregg Porteous / The Daily Telegraph

SHAMED Tiger Ben Te'o last night admitted career-worst form earned him a "spray" from team mate Chris Heighington on the weekend. Distracted by uncertainty over his future, Te'o has slipped from devastating at the start of the season to copping a gobful from Heighington and being hooked after 30 minutes of Sunday's loss to the Warriors.

Te'o has been negotiating his own future for the past six weeks following a dispute with his agent, and is expected to sign with Brisbane this week.

But the 21-year-old said the strain of going solo has tempered his game, culminating in a forgettable afternoon at Leichhardt.

A missed tackle on Nathan Fein saw the halfback stroll across for the Warriors' third try, provoking Heighington's outburst behind the goal-line. Tigers coach Tim Sheens also react ed by giving Te'o the earliest shower of his career.

"Personally, I don't know if I've played this bad ... ever,'' Te'o said.

"I made a mistake, I made the wrong decision and (Heighington) let me know about it. He gave me a spray.

"I suppose it didn't look good in the photo, but those kinds of things happen all the time.

"He came up to explain afterwards, but he didn't need to. Everyone cops a spray out there.''

Te'o fell out with agent Daryl Mather in May, just as he was beginning to prove a handful for opposition defenders.

Tigers officials expected him to re-sign for another three seasons at the time, but Te'o banked on his barnstorming form and personally contacted all 15 rival clubs.

He refused to comment on negotiations, but it is widely assumed Brisbane has won the race for his signature.

"I can't talk about that just now, but will come out by the end of this week,'' Te'o said.

"I've made a decision - there will be something announced soon.''

The strapping Kiwi said people under-estimated how difficult it is for a footballer to represent themselves.

"To be honest, it has been a distraction,'' he said.

"I'm only 21 - I'm only new to the game.

"I didn't want it to be like this, but I sort of didn't have a choice. For this deal anyway, I couldn't go with another manager so I've had to do it myself.

"At first it wasn't too bad, but now it's being reflected in some poor form and I'm trying to get my head straight.

"It's not just black and white. You have to think about you family, leaving and living elsewhere.

"Then there's your team mates. Different guys react different ways whether you are staying or going. There's that question of, `Why don't you want to be here?'.

Although they have the bye this weekend, the Tigers trained yesterday. Te'o, however, did not have a chance to speak with coach Tim Sheens about his time on the bench and is desperate to atone.

"For me, I would love to play mid-week. I would love to play tomorrow,'' he said.

"I only played 30 minutes so I'm pretty fresh.

"I got hooked after and didn't see the field again. I made some poor decisions in defence and that's what happens.

"It would be great to play again and get some confidence up, but now I've got to wait.''

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
"I made a mistake, I made the wrong decision and (Heighington) let me know about it. He gave me a spray.

"I suppose it didn't look good in the photo, but those kinds of things happen all the time."

If you did your f**king job and got involved, this sort of thing wouldn't happen "all the time"

Hopeless merkin. f**k off!

Mish

Juniors
this forum wont let me use the letter before 'b' or use my shift key so plese try decifer wht i type.
- my old fulty keybord on my lptop ws replced this fternoon with 'working' new one, now its driving me nuts, its worse thn the lst one. works fine on other forums just not here or on msn.

oh stuff it, cnt be bothered typing my reply now, it hs too mny of tht vowel in it lol

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
this forum wont let me use the letter before 'b' or use my shift key so plese try decifer wht i type.
- my old fulty keybord on my lptop ws replced this fternoon with 'working' new one, now its driving me nuts, its worse thn the lst one. works fine on other forums just not here or on msn.

oh stuff it, cnt be bothered typing my reply now, it hs too mny of tht vowel in it lol
I doubt it has anything to do with this site, seeing as how you are the only person affected.

Try clearing cookies, internet history, temp files etc, then running you Anti virus program as well adaware/spyware/malware programs (if you have them). Then restart the computer and see how it goes then.

Mish

Juniors
thanks MU, Im on the other laptop now and its working fine. I have a 2nd laptop that was repaired yesterday as it needed a new keyboard, it seems like there is a problem with the keyboard, as both shift keys, the Q and the A would not work on certain sites, for instance I could write fine on a message board I use, but couldnt type here, the official forum or msn. Then it started playing up in the message board too. I will take it back in for a check, i dont think he installed the keyboard correctly.